Robin Lehner: Passionate or paranoid?

PASabreFan

I see the millennials are going out strong to end the year. 

post-4541-0-03653600-1514488120_thumb.jpg

I'm a loser
I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be

Although I laugh and I act like a clown

Beneath this mask I am wearing a frown
My tears are falling like rain from the sky
Is it for them or myself that I cry?

I'm a loser

I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be

What have I done to deserve such a fate?

I realize I have left it too late
And so it's true pride comes before a fall
I'm telling you so that we won't lose all

Well you had to have us let one day to screw everything up, seeing as you guys managed the other 364 so well

Dude I was sticking up for you, the lyrics to that 53 year old Beatles song can just as easily be translated for this year's Sabre/Lehner season

Well maybe my mistake, I guess I didn't realize Millennials was such a push button term for you. Just remember your grandkids generation will be blaming you for everything soon enough.  :w00t:

It gets ragged on a lot, people just throw the word Millenials around a ton (not necessarily on here) and put all of the America's problems on a massive group that really hasn't decided anything yet. Gets really annoying 

Sad thing is you're probably right with that last part :lol: :beer:

Paranoia strikes deep

Into your life it will creep

It starts when you're always afraid

Step out of line, the men come and take you away

We better stop

Hey, what's that sound?

Everybody look - what's going down?

Well played

Sad thing is, I know this song. Soon as I saw Millenials though I stopped reading 

I do think there is a subliminal tendency to rule in favor of good teams on close calls. Lehner being frustrated with it I am ok with as long as it motivates him to get better. Right now the Bills and Sabres are at a point where they need to take the next step before things go their way. Doesnt help that they are Billsy... still no use complaining, be good enough so it doesnt matter...

Well maybe my mistake, I guess I didn't realize Millennials was such a push button term for you. Just remember your grandkids generation will be blaming you for everything soon enough. :w00t:

A lady I ubered today referred to them as millenniums and also told me she had just "got back" as she didn't have a phone or internet for a year. :unsure:

This is more the money quote:

"Everything is predetermined against us," Lehner said in Barclays Center. "It's not to be sulking or anything. We're not where we want to be or anything like that. It's just how it is. It's just how it is. The Islanders are in a playoff spot, and it is what it is."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/27/upon-further-review-sabres-dealt-an-unfortunate-loss/

An exceptionally worrying quote.

If he's the tip of the iceberg, and more players in the room think everything is predetermined against them, no wonder they start games slow so often. What's the point, if everything is rigged in their eyes.

That Lehner and most fans are not too far apart on the concept of "because Buffalo". 

I mean, what if he's not the only player who buys into it like the fans do? Do other Sabres? Do Bills players think it's "a thing"? 

We talk about "culture" and what the meaning of One Buffalo is, and I can't stop thinking about Murray and Whaley sitting in a bar together after getting fired. You think those two were sitting there going "man this town is screwed up"?

Dude has only ever played in Ottawa. I doubt his experience there was much different than here to be honest. 

I think if you look at comments from players who are new to the team this year, like Scandella and Nolan, what you see is not that the Sabres are treated differently by the league, it's that the Sabres are culturally f*cked compared to other teams.

Yeap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.