All About the NWHL

Eleven

Went to my first Beauts game of the season yesterday.  I was thoroughly entertained (as I was the last two seasons).  That team and its league deserve more attention.  

And who knows?  Maybe one of the Beauts will be demoted to the Sabres some day.

• 2 months later...

If anyone wants to go to the Buffalo Comic Con, yours truly might be there with the Beauts handing out/selling signed copies of a Buffalo themed mini episode of Kicking Ice. Finishing up the cover today! I'm nervous and excited- I haven't made it to a Beauts game yet and I feel like shmuck because of it.  

If anyone wants to go to the Buffalo Comic Con, yours truly might be there with the Beauts handing out/selling signed copies of a Buffalo themed mini episode of Kicking Ice. Finishing up the cover today! I'm nervous and excited- I haven't made it to a Beauts game yet and I feel like shmuck because of it.  

When is it? I've never done a comic-con

I just might have to go to that Beauts playoff game on Saturday evening.

SabreSpace Beauts meet up?

When is it? I've never done a comic-con

SabreSpace Beauts meet up?

May 18-20th i believe - Nickel City Comic Con. I've never done a con either. I was supposed to be out of town that weekend, but kinda feel like I should stick around for this if it happens. 

Anyone going to the Beauts/Pride playoff game tonight? I think d4rk and I are gonna try to make it

I was going to, but I just have to watch UB play. 

Also, I'm seeing that it almost is sold out, so you might want to check for tix online first.

I believe it is streaming here:  https://twitter.com/i/events/956235625979510785

I don't think it was sold out. But it was a great crowd. Great game too. I've watched a lot of women's hockey over the years but it looks like the NWHL has a good product for a good price.

They also have beer.

It's an excellent value--I was a STH two years ago and I think I'll pick them up again next year, now that they've figured out that 3pm on Sunday is not an ideal start time.  And not only do they have beer, but somehow they also have much better food than the big arena.

It's an excellent value--I was a STH two years ago and I think I'll pick them up again next year, now that they've figured out that 3pm on Sunday is not an ideal start time.  And not only do they have beer, but somehow they also have much better food than the big arena.

You've mentioned this before and it is mildly surprising. During the WJC's the food selection was much worse than at the MMArena & the quality seemed as low or lower as well.

Beauts at Riveters next Sunday for the Cup!  3pm.

You've mentioned this before and it is mildly surprising. During the WJC's the food selection was much worse than at the MMArena & the quality seemed as low or lower as well.

Maybe everything was prepared in advance at WJC, like at the big arena?  Usually food is cooked to order at HarborCenter.  They also have a significant number of healthy options not available across the hall.

Beauts at Riveters next Sunday for the Cup! 3pm.

Maybe everything was prepared in advance at WJC, like at the big arena? Usually food is cooked to order at HarborCenter. They also have a significant number of healthy options not available across the hall.

It was definitely made to order on Saturday. I saw some kid get some great looking BBQ wings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.