When will Jack have a breakout game this season?

GASabresIUFAN

Jack is averaging almost .8 pts per game. He also has a number of two pt games. However, he has yet to dominate a game like last season.

Last season he had at least 4 three pt games and was -13 for the season, but on game he dominated he was a plus player.

He is -11 for the season and was a -5 in the two OT losses to Chi and Stl. There is just something off.

Edited by Georgia Flakt

Jack is averaging almost .8 pts per game. He also has a number of two pt games. However, he has yet to dominate a game like last season.

Last season he had at least 4 three pt games and was -13 for the season, but on game he dominated he was a plus player.

He is -11 for the season and was a -5 in the two OT losses to Chi and Stl. There is just something off.

When he gets his head on straight and gets Erod as his winger. 

Different head coach.

And he hated that coach.

There's no denying that Eichel (and ROR and Risto and Okposo, etc) produced at a much higher level under Bylsma.

So a 20 year old kid didn't like Bylsma's style... boo ###### hoo.   Eichel has no idea what it takes to be successful in this league.  

Tail wagging the dog IMO.   They gave Eichel what he wanted, and look where it's gotten them.

Edited by paj två tusen

There's no denying that Eichel (and ROR and Risto and Okposo, etc) produced at a much higher level under Bylsma.

So a 20 year old kid didn't like Bylsma's style... boo ###### hoo.   Eichel has no idea what it takes to be successful in this league.  

Tail wagging the dog IMO.   They gave Eichel what he wanted, and look where it's gotten them.

Agree with the first.

basically the same place they were before, not in the playoffs. 

Agree with the first.

basically the same place they were before, not in the playoffs. 

Disagree, this team is struggling much more under Housley than they ever did under Bylsma.   Every player (except Kane) is struggling to produce points.    They've taken a big step back individually and as a team.

Disagree, this team is struggling much more under Housley than they ever did under Bylsma.   Every player (except Kane) is struggling to produce points.    They've taken a big step back individually and as a team.

I disagree. This team is struggling more so than last year because they're being coached to actually play hockey. Byslma coached a team that had short term benefit and masked flaws. Housley is trying to get them to play actual hockey, and as a result we're seeing the talent deficiencies 

I disagree. This team is struggling more so than last year because they're being coached to actually play hockey. Byslma coached a team that had short term benefit and masked flaws. Housley is trying to get them to play actual hockey, and as a result we're seeing the talent deficiencies 

So Eichel, ROR, Okposo, Ristolainen, etc..  lack of production is simply because of their talent deficiency?  

Isn't the job of head coach to get the most out of his roster?  Why is Housley trying to fit a square peg in a round hole?

We are also seeing slowly mind you better effort and positional play defensively... still need to clear some dead wood ( Girgenson and Larrson among others) and yes increase talent on the top lines... They need scorers. Talent on D is coming along. I do think they are being coached better and you are seeing it, though still a lot of mechanical play, but they are playing better.

So Eichel, ROR, Okposo, Ristolainen, etc..  lack of production is simply because of their talent deficiency?  

Isn't the job of head coach to get the most out of his roster?  Why is Housley trying to fit a square peg in a round hole?

Ristolainen has had a better year, so has Eichel. They're much more rounded and better players, they're just not scoring right now

Okposo is old and can't fit into the system. RoR is always up and down

Sure, that is his job. If you want to squeeze another 82 points out of this than Byslma's your man, be my guest. If you want to play the right way that leads to success, but exposes players as being actually bad, than go with Housley.

The hole's round, sure. The hole will always be round. Instead lets trim the sides of the peg and make it fit 

+1

There, now we're even

The goal of hiring Wowie was to stimulate the offense. It hasn’t exactly worked. I’m not advocating dumping Phil, but his system better kick in soon.

You can use a shovel to dig a trench, or you can learn how to operate an excavator. It takes time to learn the machine, but it actually works

Ristolainen has had a better year, so has Eichel. They're much more rounded and better players, they're just not scoring right now

Okposo is old and can't fit into the system. RoR is always up and down

Sure, that is his job. If you want to squeeze another 82 points out of this than Byslma's your man, be my guest. If you want to play the right way that leads to success, but exposes players as being actually bad, than go with Housley.

The hole's round, sure. The hole will always be round. Instead lets trim the sides of the peg and make it fit 

There, now we're even

Let me ask you this... what type of system is Vegas playing and why is it so successful?    Do they simply have that much more talent than Buffalo?

You can use a shovel to dig a trench, or you can learn how to operate an excavator. It takes time to learn the machine, but it actually works

ask Vegas

Let me ask you this... what type of system is Vegas playing and why is it so successful?    Do they simply have that much more talent than Buffalo?

ask Vegas

I don't know why style of play Vegas plays. 

LV’s success makes you wonder why the Sabres are struggling so much.

For pi's too

I'm not exactly shocked that a bunch of veterans coming from different systems and different teams can adapt to Gallant more quickly than rookies who have only played with Byslma/Nolan. Ask yourself why Pomminstein looks so good in this system. Couldn't possibly be because he's played in something similar too

LV also has more depth. 

Edit: That damn Easter Egg gets me everytime

Edited by Jokertecken

I don't know why style of play Vegas plays. 

For pi's too

I'm not exactly shocked that a bunch of veterans coming from different systems and different teams can adapt to Gallant more quickly than rookies who have only played with Byslma/Nolan. Ask yourself why Pomminstein looks so good in this system. Couldn't possibly be because he's played in something similar too

LV also has more depth. 

I tore a ligament in my brain trying to read that.

Do you think it has anything to do with Gallant being more demanding of his players?   As a former player, just listening to both guys talk in interviews, I'd be more likely to skate through a wall for Gallant than for Housley.      His Housley a demanding coach behind the scenes?    Tune in tonight on NBCSN at 11:30p ET to find out!

I tore a ligament in my brain trying to read that.

Do you think it has anything to do with Gallant being more demanding of his players?   As a former player, just listening to both guys talk in interviews, I'd be more likely to skate through a wall for Gallant than for Housley.      His Housley a demanding coach behind the scenes?    Tune in tonight on NBCSN at 11:30p ET to find out!

:lol:

Housley probably should demand more from his players, I'm not sure. Byslma was a notorious dick and demanded a ton, wasn't exactly successful either. That wasn't what I was discussing though

The Housley/Botterill takeover reminds me of an NFL coaching change.

The players will be asked to fit the vision, not the other way around.

Some good players will fall by the wayside as poor fits.

Maybe, still think the Sabres are missing guys up front that can take it to another team. Housley’s system is the same as Nashville’s so you may be right... Sam is not a great skater, neither is Larrson or Gigenson though they have moxie and OK is coming along but still think last year took a lot out of his physical confidence... it took a huge hit... the last couple games may just be what he needs... The D needs one more talented skater and I think it comes together... but I want young hungry talent coming in from any trades not older talented guys on their way down. Weve seen how well that work... oh plus a above average goalie.

i have to say, the team plays much better when they are ahead. many times when they are behind they just quit.  the problem is they have no clear leader that will call them out for quitting on the team. they have a goalie that gives up so many goals on break-aways or turn over mistakes in the neutral zone, which ultimately puts them behind, which makes them quit. Jack, who is supposed to be the star player is not yet mature enough to be the leader yet. 

i think if they got a real club house leader and a solid goalie, and i mean solid. i think many of the other problems will correct themselves. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.