GDT: 11/17/17 Sabres at Wings. 7:30pm MSG, WGR

ubkev

I somewhat agree but a 4th line of Griffith - Crisco - Nolan seems...well...bad.

Girgs on that line adds a bit of defensive responsibility and complements the muscle along with Nolan.

Then again, maybe a powerhouse AHL line would translate well to the NHL?

It's going to be bad no matter what they do, so I'd prefer to build a line from the scraps that could do a reasonable job relieving ROR of his duties. I don't think either of the current ones are quite there. But ultimately, yeah, I'm being super nit-picky. 

It was a much bigger problem when it was Moulson and Nolan occupying two different spots, effectively doubling the time "a worst Sabre" is spent on the ice for no good reason. 

Works for me...  I don't care.  I haven't watched much hockey after being out of town the past week.  I just want to see a game tonight and drink some many beer(s) with it.

I want to watch them play aggressively while I consume yummy ipa's in a moderately aggressive manner.

Is there an update on Risto or is he "day-to-day" and is that actual day to day or the Houlsey day to day?

Wasn't Bogo skating last week? Has he been practicing or should we assume he'll only play 15 games this year.

Is this the game where our defense finally finds nets a goal?

Risto "Week to week" I believe.  He's on IR so maybe around Christmas?

Crazy no goals from blue line again, second year in a row.  That has to change so I pick Scandella tonight.

The lines

#Sabres  lines in Detroit:

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Pouliot - O'Reilly - Okposo

Griffith - Larsson - Pominville

Girgensons - Criscuolo - Nolan

Moulson extra

Scandella - Falk

McCabe - Beaulieu

Gorges - Antipin

Nelson extra

I actually like this lineup and am interested to see what it might do. Anything w/o Moulson playing is booyah.

Any word on the starting Goalie yet? Gotta be the Big J right after that stretch save on Tuesday.

I actually like this lineup and am interested to see what it might do. Anything w/o Moulson playing is booyah.

Any word on the starting Goalie yet? Gotta be the Big J right after that stretch save on Tuesday.

I like the forwards. The defenders....yuck.

Moulson is a clear frontrunner for the 2017-18 Ville Leino Achievement Award. $5 million salary. 12 games. 0 goals. 0 assists. 0 points. -8 plus/minus. 8 shots on goal. 2 penalty minutes. Impressive!

EDIT: I forgot about Bogo's $6 million for 0 games played. He could be a contender!

Edited by FuhrFury

Famine has to be the game featuring Peterman and every game against the Hurricanes makes me sick so that takes care of pestilence.

So tonight is either death or war.

Canes should be death, because bugs have wings.

Edit: I should probably clarify this, I'm thinking bug, as in "stomach bug" kind of. Maybe thats too much of a stretch.

Edited by sodbuster

Crisco took a pass at center, skated over the line and made a pass. Long-term deal.

He then promptly gave it away and caused Detroit to get a power play.

He had a nice pass off the corner to get it to Kane. He didn't miss the net. That's heady.

I think that's what Jack needs on his wing anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.