Shea Theodore ?

GASabresIUFAN

In a vacuum I'd say he'd be worth it straight up for Kane. Las Vegas has too many D-men under contract...he should be in the NHL right now. 

In the real world however Kane as a pending UFA isn't valuable to Vegas so it doesn't work. 

Maybe Nylander for Theodore? Of course it might help if Nylander could play hockey this year. 

What would you offer to LV to get Theodore now? Shea is 22, on the last season of his ELC and has 18 pts in 56 NHL games. Was dominating at Chicago (AHL) w 11 pts (5 goals) in 8 games.

What will it take to get him. Our 1st in 2019? A 2nd in 2018 and 2019?

I was looking at LV Salarry cap last night, wondering if Kane would tempt them.

I doubt they would move Theodore as they have Sbisa, Stoner, McNabb and Engelland as UFA's at the end of this season. 

I was thinking more along the lines of Brannstrom and a draft pick. Either way, I doubt they are our trading partner for Kane,

However, I do like the idea of brining in Clarkson for Moulson . Then we can stash Clarkson on LTIR. It may be a bit slimy but if the Leafs can do that type of thing, why cant the Sabres? for LV, they get a player who maybe could play on their PP and add veteran leadership.

In a vacuum I'd say he'd be worth it straight up for Kane. Las Vegas has too many D-men under contract...he should be in the NHL right now.

In the real world however Kane as a pending UFA isn't valuable to Vegas so it doesn't work. 

Maybe Nylander for Theodore? Of course it might help if Nylander could play hockey this year. 

I believe he is in the NHL right now.

I believe he is in the NHL right now.

Yup, my bad. Was operating until old information. 

He's been up for the last 7 games but a healthy scratch for 4 of them. Seems like 20+ minutes per game in the AHL would be better but who am I to question George McPhee's handling of young talent?

Theodore is worth less then Kane. As much as I like his potential, which is why I started this thread, he is a former late 1st rd pick who has yet to fully establish himself as a full-time NHLer after 3 years as a pro.

If LV wants Kane, it will cost Theodore plus plus. Look at the Duchene trade.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.