No ticket price increase announcement... yet

PASabreFan

Why the delay? Hmmm. I wonder what they could possibly be waiting for.

So here's a scenario.

1. Murray consolidated power in the LaFontaine move.

2. In the summer of 2015, Ted Black was turd-burgered and enter Russ Brandon.

3. Brandon, Terry and Kim's man, gained influence and somehow got in Murray's bidness and tension started growing there.

4. With this season in the shitter, it started coming to a head, with Brandon in ownership's ear about problems with Murray, DD and the team. Perhaps a well-placed anecdote about Murray greased the skids.

5. The topper was Brandon getting with Hammy to post the Eichel piece, putting the final stamp on Murray's passport.

Which had to happen because — and here's some red meat for Taro — Brandon knew the fan base would not swallow another hefty ticket price increase if status quo were maintained.

And so we wait. At the height of our Botterill/(insert name of fresh meat coach) Fever, the press release will be unleashed.

Thanks. I'll be here all century (well, the first half of it, anyway).

Edited by PASabreFan

Interestingly, they haven't made an announcement to lower prices either. It appears prices are, thus far, unchanged. 

I predict that the current trend will continue. Or, prices will change. And when they change, they will go up or down. Or perhaps both simultaneously in a complex dynamic pricing scheme depending on opponent, day of the week, weather conditions, and what has recently been released on Netflix. 

If no price increase is announced, it could be because the 2018 Winter Classic, played in NYC, is a home game for the Sabres, which possibly (probably) means that the Sabres season ticket holders will only have 40 home games truly at home.  2.4% less product.

That's OK. They'll surely add an extra preseason game for us to purchase just because it would be wrong to short us a game. <_<

Vogl reporting that the increase has hit the streets.

Got the invoice yesterday.

Pretty sure my seats went up $2/ game.

40 regular season games. 3 preseason (pretty sure we only had to buy 2 last year). The Amerks game tossed in but probably have to request the seats like last year.

Can try to get tix to WC "home" game. Will depend on availability.

I wish he would go a little further than just saying "several teams have declined to raise prices".  Each year when we get these annual complaints, I feel like we never get to see a true breakdown of what everyone else is doing.  How many is "several"?  2?  12?

I wish he would go a little further than just saying "several teams have declined to raise prices".  Each year when we get these annual complaints, I feel like we never get to see a true breakdown of what everyone else is doing.  How many is "several"?  2?  12?

Especially since we could then test the notion of whether the increases really are necessary to reach a revenue sharing threshold.

Especially since we could then test the notion of whether the increases really are necessary to reach a revenue sharing threshold.

I'll credit them for including the charts in there.  Those were pretty useful.  It's amazing how linear the increases have been.  That could very easily support the revenue sharing idea if their information would be fleshed out a bit.

I read today that ticket prices have gone up 47 percent I believe it is since Pegula took over? I'll tell you one thing, my family brings our own food to the Harborcenter. We eat before and after we go to the arena. Concessions there are offensively expensive. $14 for two slices of pizza? Yeah um no.

I read today that ticket prices have gone up 47 percent I believe it is since Pegula took over? I'll tell you one thing, my family brings our own food to the Harborcenter. We eat before and after we go to the arena. Concessions there are offensively expensive. $14 for two slices of pizza? Yeah um no.

And disgusting.  When the best item in the building is a fried bologna sandwich, there's a problem.

Why the delay? Hmmm. I wonder what they could possibly be waiting for.

So here's a scenario.

1. Murray consolidated power in the LaFontaine move.

2. In the summer of 2015, Ted Black was turd-burgered and enter Russ Brandon.

3. Brandon, Terry and Kim's man, gained influence and somehow got in Murray's bidness and tension started growing there.

4. With this season in the shitter, it started coming to a head, with Brandon in ownership's ear about problems with Murray, DD and the team. Perhaps a well-placed anecdote about Murray greased the skids.

5. The topper was Brandon getting with Hammy to post the Eichel piece, putting the final stamp on Murray's passport.

Which had to happen because — and here's some red meat for Taro — Brandon knew the fan base would not swallow another hefty ticket price increase if status quo were maintained.

And so we wait. At the height of our Botterill/(insert name of fresh meat coach) Fever, the press release will be unleashed.

Thanks. I'll be here all century (well, the first half of it, anyway).

Interesting, I found Murray's firing off,caught me off guard. Not that I had an issue with it, his asset management was quite poor.

Here's a question for you, why doesn't Pegula, with his endless bag of money have Murray as a scout, Regier to trade, so get us Hamonic and a conditional 1st for bogo.

Know what I'm saying? Look at Toronto,a ton of hockey minds, all get a say and one guy who supervises and approves (obviously not Kim Pegula). I mean let's benefit where there's no salary cap... We have the money right?

Interesting, I found Murray's firing off,caught me off guard. Not that I had an issue with it, his asset management was quite poor.

Here's a question for you, why doesn't Pegula, with his endless bag of money have Murray as a scout, Regier to trade, so get us Hamonic and a conditional 1st for bogo.

Know what I'm saying? Look at Toronto,a ton of hockey minds, all get a say and one guy who supervises and approves (obviously not Kim Pegula). I mean let's benefit where there's no salary cap... We have the money right?

Look at what the Bills are doing.

Not going to lie, I pay very little attention to the NFL, between hockey and baseball don't have the time for many other sports. I take it that's what they're doing?

I hear ya there. Honestly hockey alone consumes like 95 percent of my sports attention. I like Notre Dame in CF and NYG in NFL but it's very casual compared to my Sabres.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

I hear ya there. Honestly hockey alone consumes like 95 percent of my sports attention. I like Notre Dame in CF and NYG in NFL but it's very casual compared to my Sabres.

Yeah exactly. Normally in the off-season I focus on baseball, unfortunately being a buffalo fan lately the off-season is more interesting than the regular season

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.