Should Samson Be Sent To Minors?

bob_sauve28

I see two ways to stack the offence moving forward:

Three excellent lines built around the following duos:

Jack/Nylander

Ryan/Kyle

Sam/Evander

(Switch the wings if you want, the only bad fit is Jack/Evander)

Or keeping a Larsson-based checking line and stacking the first two lines:

Jack/Ryan/Kyle

Sam/Evander/Alex

(Flip Alex and Kyle if you want)

Jack and Ryan should have a very complementary skill sets. Let Jack be the nominal "centre" but let Ryan take faceoffs and do the heavy lifting in our zone

If this team is going to challenge, Sam needs to become difference-maker, not a complementary guy. That isn't going to happen on the wing.

Edited by dudacek

I see two ways to stack the offence moving forward:

Three excellent lines built around the following duos:

Jack/Nylander

Ryan/Kyle

Sam/Evander

(Switch the wings if you want, the only bad fit is Jack/Evander)

Or keeping a Larsson-based checking line and stacking the first two lines:

Jack/Ryan/Kyle

Sam/Evander/Alex

(Flip Alex and Kyle if you want)

Jack and Ryan should have a very complementary skill sets. Let Jack be the nominal "centre" but let Ryan take faceoffs and do the heavy lifting in our zone

If this team is going to challenge, Sam needs to become difference-maker, not a complementary guy. That isn't going to happen on the wing.

Problem is Eichel and ROR are too good at being centers that they can't be combined and automatically take up the top two slots. Ideally I would love to have the talent in the wings to play three scoring lines and have a useful 4th line of Foligno-Larsson. That is a playoff roster. Only issue is I don't see Larsson loving that or getting enough minutes to be effective, and we are woefully short on wing talent as is.

Wish they could have signed Legwand and had him in place of Grant.

What most didn't notice about Leggy last year is he was our best penalty killing forward (along with ROR) and was also a good faceoff guy. Not having him and his 1000+ games of NHL experience is a big reason our PK has gone to crap. GMTM could probably have signed Leggy for another year at the league minimum if he wanted to. Instead we get the utterly useless Grant.

What most didn't notice about Leggy last year is he was our best penalty killing forward (along with ROR) and was also a good faceoff guy. Not having him and his 1000+ games of NHL experience is a big reason our PK has gone to crap. GMTM could probably have signed Leggy for another year at the league minimum if he wanted to. Instead we get the utterly useless Grant.

That was about all I noticed about him, but whatever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.