GDT: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET 12/1/2016

Doohickie

Our overall speed deficiency was noticeable. We won't contend with better teams until we get faster. That simple. 

I'm trying to think of Rangers skaters - Pirri is quick, JT Miller is fast, Kreider can fly. Vesey is fast too. Those guys are spread throughout the lineup. McDonagh can move on D. The rest aren't much different than our average skaters. 

They move the puck itself so unbelievably quick, and the right passes are made to those fast guys at the right time and they don't even need to find lanes. They blow their own lanes open. 

The structure in their transition game is phenomenal. From what I've read, though, their in-zone play isn't elite like their transition is (despite what our defensive effort makes it look like) and that might make playoff success tough.

Eichel and Reinhart together is beautiful. Can't remember a duo this fun to watch since Briere/ Pomminstein in 06-07. I know the plan has been to have Eichel, ROR, and Samson centering your top 9, but they should keep them together. Jesse was supposed to die at the end of season one of Breaking Bad, but Vince Gilligan decided Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul were too good together to end it. Please Sabres, don't kill Jesse Pinkman.  

Lot of yelling at that TV that period.

That mugging on Reino in front was the last straw.

This game is so fast. Sabres are matching the Rags speed very well.

I despise Dan for not going 8-12 playing this kind of hockey.

The refs could have called a dozen penalties that period, but they let everything go other than a random call against Marcus.  No rhyme or reason to what is or isn't called... as usual...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.