Turning the corner?

Randall Flagg

There's not that much to discuss so feel free to close the thread, mods. But I want to put this out there, even though I mentioned it in the game day thread this morning.

The Sabres have more wins than regulation losses for the first time since they won the first game of the 2012-13 season, in January of 2013. I was a senior in high school, still six months from graduating. I had no idea what I was going to do in college or with my life. I didn't know about . Now I'm a month from a B.S. in Physics, am applying to graduate school (and I still don't know about .) 

We've watched 219 Sabres games in the meantime. 

The suffering, if not completely over, is coming closer and closer to ending. 

This team has figured out its early season woes, and will go on a run, AND THEN get Jack and Evander Kane back.

Let's ####ing go.

OOH, AHH, SABRES ON THE WARPATH

There's not that much to discuss so feel free to close the thread, mods. But I want to put this out there, even though I mentioned it in the game day thread this morning.

OOH, AHH, SABRES ON THE WARPATH

Who are these mods you speak of? I think nfreeman has done something with chz and Scott and in case you haven't noticed WE are running the asylum!  :w00t: 

I love it! OOH, AHH, SABRES ON THE WARPATH :thumbsup: 

There's just no need to classify it yet. If they've turned the corner, then they have. If they haven't, then they haven't. That'll be determined later.

Just sit back and enjoy the win(s).

I normally feel this way, but something resonated in me with the .500 thing. It's amazing that it's been that long. I feel good. 

We still have a long way to go and if Bogosian is out for any significant time the road gets harder. It's nice to see competent professional play, but we still have holes on D and some of our vets. But the tear down is over. We are rebuilding no doubt.

This is a nice early season accomplishment sans Jack and Evander.... I think the team is actually better without Evander in the lineup.     

The test comes when they lose a couple games in a row.  Playoff bound teams right the ship and avoid long losing streaks, non-playoff teams can't recover and go on long skids.

Has the worm finally turned? 

First things first, Randall congrats. Physics is tough. However, even with graduate school, life never unfolds like you think it will. As someone with multiple degrees I thought my career path would follow one of two paths, but instead something my grandfather taught me at 13 became the career I eventually choose, but my education has helped every step of the way.

As to the Sabres, I grew up watching the French Connection and I thought they would win at least one Cup. Didn't happen. However, I'm still hopeful that they'll get one eventually and I think there are pieces on this roster that could get us one. I wouldn't say they have turned the corner yet. They do have some good leadership in lockerroom. To bounce back so quickly after the 2nd loss at home and the terrible meltdown in Philly is a huge step in the right direction. I still think this team is flawed, especially on the blueline, but that is correctable. After McCabe and Risto, i think the rest of the blueline group needs to be replaced.

One other note, can you imagine if the Sabres had drafted Mike Bossy instead of Ric Seiling in 1977? (Seiling went 14th to the Sabres and Bossy 15th to the NYI.)

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

As I posted in the GDT, we may look back at this game as the turning point.

IMO, this was the most complete game that the Sabres have played in some time and it was a great team effort.

In regards to Bossy instead of Ric ... I believe the Sabres would have won the cup in 1980 had they drafted Bossy.

The efforts of late have me hopeful.

The one thing that came to mind - watching last night and then listening to Robi on WGR this morning (he sounded, at one point, a little unwell (?)) - was that this squad's margin for error is so small as to be almost non-existent. They're not going to skate, pass, muscle, shoot, chance, etc. any other team off the rink.

Come to think of it: Do they in fact need to grind those b1tches down?  :o

This is a nice early season accomplishment sans Jack and Evander.... I think the team is actually better without Evander in the lineup.     

The test comes when they lose a couple games in a row.  Playoff bound teams right the ship and avoid long losing streaks, non-playoff teams can't recover and go on long skids.

Has the worm finally turned? 

You mean like the 4 games they lost before the 3 games they won? Lol.

You're right though, no long skids is key. We've held our own minus two top-6 players, now they could be down Bogo, gotta keep the ship upright here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.