Buffalo Sabres top 50 of all time

Hoss

Buffalo Sabres Top 50  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the tenth best player in Sabres history?

• Craig Ramsay
    • Ryan Miller
    • Jim Schoenfield
    • Rene Robert

IMO Peca is somewhere between Craig Ramsay and Donnie Luce..  Barnaby is in the same neighborhood as Benoit Hogue.  Barnaby isn't top 50 material.

I would like to add that the Cup chase in the late 90's and early 2000's all mostly respinsible because of The Dominator, I feel they wouldnt have been that close if Michael Peca wasnt on those teams. He was not the team Mvp but they dont win without him playing as well as he did in the many roles he filled. With that being said he should definitely be in the high teens imo

Mike Ramsey is the winner for the eighth spot. A little higher than I expected but totally justified.

I plan to keep it at four candidates each round and will just edit out whichever candidate wins. It'll be easier for me, mainly.

But this isn't my thread, so if others contest the format I'll change it without hesitation.

Thanks to those participating.

Edited by Hoss

I haven't voted a single time.  I've learned all I know about Sabres history from this board, so my votes would basically be an amalgam of opinions from posters on this board that I love filtered by my own bias. I feel like that vote can only lower the value of the results.

Vote for Ramsay ... you know you want to.

You can abstain if you want, but it'd be cool if you don't. We're all Sabres fans with an equal stake in all of this. More voting is preferred.

Schoney, and Ramsay retired the year I was born and Robert 3 years before that. I've never seen them play at all. I don't think it's right to vote for Miller by default. All the others that I have voted for have impacted my hockey watching life significantly.

There were some good times with Miller, and I do own his jersey. But I'm not sure if they were top 10 good times.

And to be honest I'm just waiting on Derek Roy at this point! :p

I imagine this won't be an issue since this never really got going, but if anybody wants to keep this thing going you'll have to migrate this to your own thread. I won't be updating it.

That is your choice, but the participants have enjoyed this thread.

Maybe you should take the rest of the day off and come back fresh tomorrow.

In no particular order, yet, as I contemplate the next ten*:

Schoenfeld

Luce

Miller

Vanek

Turgeon

Hajt

Howerchuk

Foligno

McKegny

Drury

Brier

Satan

Korab

Zhitnik

Robert

Bodger

Barasso

Dumont

Ray

Roy

*. assumes Ramsay holds his lead for this round.

Edited by Neo

Can we officially declare Ramsay number 10? Ol' Hoss may be on sabbatical. It'd be nice to see this result affirmed by acclimation before the thread dies, way too young.

At the time of my writing, Ramsay has 6 votes, twice any competitor. He's lead for several days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.