Evander Kane Needs to Go

WildCard

Based on his stats, in both points and goals scored, Kane is average at best - I peg him at slightly below average. While I never want to see a Sabre hurt,him being on the DL won't tangibly hurt the Sabres. Kane's best skill appears to be womanizing and generating negative PR for the Sabres; he's near the top of the NHL in those advanced metrics.

If he could stay on the ice, I'd be okay with his stats. Availability is the best ability.

Ultimately, I think he goes to Vegas in the summer

I'd also argue that we need Kane more than we need Okposo right now while Jack is gone and ROR is hurt. When we're playing at Jack's speed and with ROR's full abilities, Kane can be a liability, but when we flounder around without those guys, Kane is one of the only players we have who can do something positive by himself.

I'd also argue that we need Kane more than we need Okposo right now while Jack is gone and ROR is hurt. When we're playing at Jack's speed and with ROR's full abilities, Kane can be a liability, but when we flounder around without those guys, Kane is one of the only players we have who can do something positive by himself.

We haven't seen Okposo yet to know if he can do things by himself. I'm thinking he can ;)

I respectfully ask the mods to change the name of this thread to "Wild Card must go!"

First he said Ryan O'Reilly was no good.

Then there was the whole Brandon Saad fiasco.

Now he's targeted a disabled visible minority veteran after he fearlessly sacrificed his body for the good of the team.

It's time to ask ourselves if we are really better off waiting until the end of the season before shipping him off to VegasOnIce.com. Maybe the Carolina forum would be interested if we threw in Pi's old avatar.

Edited by dudacek

Well I was wrong on ROR, but Kane certainly isn't blind. Though his shot selection says otherwise

So you'd prefer the Columbus forum?

First a few questions to test your aptitude: Marcus or Nick? Risto or Seth Jones?

What are your feelings on Torterella?

There's always room for another Torts hater over there.

So you'd prefer the Columbus forum?

First a few questions to test your aptitude: Marcus or Nick? Risto or Seth Jones?

What are your feelings on Torterella?

There's always room for another Torts hater over there.

I think everyone here answers those questions the same ;)

How about to LTIR?

If his injury is serious and requires him to miss significant time, placing him on IR would allow the Sabres to go 3 million over the cap. The formula per Cap Friendly is Kane's Salary 5.25 mil-available space 2.26 million which is about 3 million. This can be added to the existing space opening up about 5 million in space.

This would allow for the Sabres to trade for a D Man say Cam Fowler at 4 Million, while possibly retaining salary from a player traded for him.

The trick is does he stay on IR all year then, or does GMTM pull a Stan Bowman to circumvent the cap as Chicago did with Kane?

Edited by BRAWNDO

I respectfully ask the mods to change the name of this thread to "Wild Card must go!"

First he said Ryan O'Reilly was no good.

Then there was the whole Brandon Saad fiasco.

Now he's targeted a disabled visible minority veteran after he fearlessly sacrificed his body for the good of the team.

It's time to ask ourselves if we are really better off waiting until the end of the season before shipping him off to VegasOnIce.com. Maybe the Carolina forum would be interested if we threw in Pi's old avatar.

Let me help you out here

Yesterday Mike Schopp asked Tim Murray if he thought about trading Kane in the off-season.

Rather than respond by indicating that he believed in Kane, supports him, and he is just going through a tough time...or something a GM probably should say, he responded by basically saying "No, because right now his trade value is low and if you make a trade you do it to improve the team."

Murray is honest and direct to a fault and would make a horrible poker player.

If he could have dumped Kane's ass for fair value, he would be gone by now.

He won't be a piece in the organization's future if/when we start getting really good.

Yesterday Mike Schopp asked Tim Murray if he thought about trading Kane in the off-season.

Rather than respond by indicating that he believed in Kane, supports him, and he is just going through a tough time...or something a GM probably should say, he responded by basically saying "No, because right now his trade value is low and if you make a trade you do it to improve the team."

He won't be a piece in the organization's future if/when we start getting really good.

The fact that GM TM doesn't engage in nonsense puffery in the media doesn't make him a bad poker player. Any FO person in the league who would've heard GM TM say the b.s. you outlined above would've seen through such talk. When these folks are behind closed doors, things are stated as GM TM stated them last night. What he's primarily doing -- by refusing to give the standard spiel -- is refusing to spare Kane's feelings. 

I think this kind of talk can light a fire under certain players, which is good. If it doesn't, do you even want them on the team in the first place?

Agree, but the team is still being built.

LOL - haven't we been saying this for at least a decade now and counting?  And it's a rhetorical question - it's hard not to be mean spirited and snarky when it comes to commentating on the seemingly eternal failings of the Sabres!       :lol:

Edited by Jsixspd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.