Kim Pegula - Interview on Women and the NFL

LGR4GM

http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/17316264/buffalo-bills-co-owner-kim-pegula-talks-women-nfl

Kim Pegula: Football is itself is so male-dominated because all of the scouts, coaches and even the general manager played football, so they've been around it all of their lives. It's hard coming into an organization when, as a female, you don't have that experience. That's the hardest part for me. The business side of things came easier.

Any interest or thoughts on this? If not new thread worthy just merge with the main bills thread

Edited by LGR4GM

The question was dubious

Lemme guess, you aren't married. (I know you aren't)

Right?  I would guess that a football team is one of those "major purchases" that are discussed jointly...

Anyway.  I did read the interview.  It was kinda boring.  

Right? I would guess that a football team is one of those "major purchases" that are discussed jointly...

Anyway. I did read the interview. It was kinda boring.

Then why aren't the other spouses of NFL ownets listed and getting the same interviews?

Then why aren't the other spouses of NFL ownets listed and getting the same interviews?

I was kinda kidding, but she is an owner of the team.  They bought it together and I think she's the team representative at NFL owners' meetings.

The question was dubious

Lemme guess, you aren't married. (I know you aren't)

It's a good question. What did she do to earn the title? I'm sure she's been a good wife and life partner and contributed in some way to Terry being Terry and being able to make the money that got them the Bills. But it's money that came from Terry's business.

Whatever. At least she is humble and honest. She knows she isn't qualified to meddle in the football side. I don't think it's the never-playing part that's the issue though. She never even worked in any capacity in the pro game. I mean, the problem with Terry meddling in the Sabres isn't (wasn't?) that he never played in the NHL or at any level.

It's a good question. What did she do to earn the title? I'm sure she's been a good wife and life partner and contributed in some way to Terry being Terry and being able to make the money that got them the Bills. But it's money that came from Terry's business.

It's not actually a very good question, especially as posed. That's a question that tip-toes right up to the line of being sexist, offensive, etc.

He founded East Resources some time in the early 80s. About 10 years later they were married (1993?), at which time she also started working for the company. Something like 15-20 years later, significant parts of that business were sold off for amounts in excess of $5B ($6B?).

Terry's money? Terry's business? That's not how things work - legally or otherwise.

Edited by That Aud Smell

It's not actually a very good question, especially as posed. That's a question that tip-toes right up to the line of being sexist, offensive, etc.

He founded East Resources some time in the early 80s. About 10 years later they were married (1993?), at which time she also started working for the company. Something like 15-20 years later, significant parts of that business were sold off for amounts in excess of $5B ($6B?).

Terry's money? Terry's business? That's not how things work - legally or otherwise.

I didn't know she worked for East. Thank you. That does change my thinking.

I work for a big company too, I guess I'm part owner?

Are you in a life partnership with the owner? Are you up high in the organization?

We have no idea what role she or Terry played in their professional lives before they bought the Sabres. From the information we've gotten since then, it's pretty easy to guess that it's a partnership in more ways than one.

Seriously. Not a good look.

Yes, oh dear. Let us fan ourselves. It's not the heat, it's the humidity. Maybe Scott will have to get Scott Berchtold on the bat phone and clarify the whole situation.

Are you in a life partnership with the owner? Are you up high in the organization?

We have no idea what role she or Terry played in their professional lives before they bought the Sabres. From the information we've gotten since then, it's pretty easy to guess that it's a partnership in more ways than one.

Welp I'm learning stuff today. I was going to say Terry owns the Sabres and not Kim. But she's listed as an owner of the Sabres.

Here's what might be considered sexist and offensive... Kim sat during the initial presser while her husband spoke. Then her first assignment was redecorating the lockerroom. Am I to be blamed for not realizing, even to this day, she is co-owner?

Yes, oh dear. Let us fan ourselves. It's not the heat, it's the humidity. Maybe Scott will have to get Scott Berchtold on the bat phone and clarify the whole situation.

Welp I'm learning stuff today. I was going to say Terry owns the Sabres and not Kim. But she's listed as an owner of the Sabres.

Here's what might be considered sexist and offensive... Kim sat during the initial presser while her husband spoke. Then her first assignment was redecorating the lockerroom. Am I to be blamed for not realizing, even to this day, she is co-owner?

During the Bills purchase, it was quite transparent what Kim's role was. If you didn't follow that closely, I suppose it could have went unnoticed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.