Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I would take him on the Bills in a heartbeat, the Broncos are putting the offense on his shoulders, since they have no run game. The Broncos are in a slump, but you have to look at the competition in that span. Raiders, Saints, Chiefs, Titans and Patriots. That's a combined record of 47-23 with the only sub .500 team being the Saints, who the Broncos beat. Siemian has helped the Broncos defeat 3 teams that at or above .500, something that the Bills current QB has not been able to do. Unless you want to count a victory over the Pats playing their 3rd string QB with an injured thumb.

Siemian is a kid that can succeed in the passing game if needed to throw 30+ times a game, not a QB that if the run game is stifled the chances of winning are slim to none.

So why is he better than Tyrod? They both need a strong running game to succeed. They're in the same class of QB, even if they're there for different reasons.

I'm becoming more convinced that many Bills fans want a QB who throws more aggressively, even if he's not actually an upgrade.

So why is he better than Tyrod? They both need a strong running game to succeed. They're in the same class of QB, even if they're there for different reasons.

I'm becoming more convinced that many Bills fans want a QB who throws more aggressively, even if he's not actually an upgrade.

If a qb has a net effectiveness equal to Tyrod's and throws more and runs less, then yes I want that one.

I want one who throws over the middle accurately and doesn't think run first. Siemian is a rookie, you can clean up the turnovers. I can't fix what wrong with Tyrod

I want one who throws over the middle accurately and doesn't think run first. Siemian is a rookie, you can clean up the turnovers. I can't fix what wrong with Tyrod

Siemian will be, at best, Chad Pennington. He's severely limited by his arm strength. I don't think the picks will necessarily get cleaned up because a lot of them are him attacking tight windows his arm can't fit the ball into consistently. Gunslinger mentality without the gun to deliver.

Siemian will be, at best, Chad Pennington. He's severely limited by his arm strength. I don't think the picks will necessarily get cleaned up because a lot of them are him attacking tight windows his arm can't fit the ball into consistently. Gunslinger mentality without the gun to deliver.

Gotta be better than Tyrod.

What about Bortles?

Gotta be better than Tyrod.

What about Bortles?

No, it doesn't have to be better than Tyrod. It can be worse. For example...Blake Bortles.

Tyrod:Bills::Stafford:Sabres

Okay, not great, and not as good as fans want him to be...but also not as bad as fans think he is.

Edit: Derek Roy probably would have been better to use there than Stafford. Whatever, my point remains the same. Familiarity has bred contempt.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'll be honest, I just don't understand this. Are the aesthetics of average that important?

Yes. Not equating the two, but with Orton I pulled my hair out at roughly a fifth the rate that I did with Tyrod. Tyrod's style takes years off of my life, watching him miss an open streaking receiver every single play and coming out of the game with 105 yards passing.

I would have a much less stressful time with an average passer than with a bad-passer-elite-runner that both do the same thing.

Yes. Not equating the two, but with Orton I pulled my hair out at roughly a fifth the rate that I did with Tyrod. Tyrod's style takes years off of my life, watching him miss an open streaking receiver every single play and coming out of the game with 105 yards passing.

I would have a much less stressful time with an average passer than with a bad-passer-elite-runner that both do the same thing.

Yup, you and I are totally the opposite :lol:

I think Tyrod brings a far more exciting brand of football than the noodle arms of the world. Running around, deep balls, fun moments! Watching Orton was some of the worst games for me.

This team would be in a playoff spot with Kyle Orton and the current running game.

I disagree. I'm also not sure the running game would be as good without the threat of Tyrod's legs and deep ball.

Conversely, this would be a playoff team with status quo offense and slightly above average defense. I'm a Bills record truther! Though QB remains the biggest issue for a long run of competitiveness, the defense has been the biggest problem last year and this year.

Yup, you and I are totally the opposite :lol:

I think Tyrod brings a far more exciting brand of football than the noodle arms of the world. Running around, deep balls, fun moments! Watching Orton was some of the worst games for me.

I disagree. I'm also not sure the running game would be as good without the threat of Tyrod's legs and deep ball.

Conversely, this would be a playoff team with status quo offense and slightly above average defense. I'm a Bills record truther! Though QB remains the biggest issue for a long run of competitiveness, the defense has been the biggest problem last year and this year.

Deep balls? What are those? Have you been watching re-runs of early last season? :P

The Broncos are 8-6 and had no running game all season, their wins have not come from running the ball, where as the Bills wins have come on the shoulders of McCoy. McCoy has had at least 100 yds. or a rushing TD in every win except the Pats win. The Broncos have had 1 RB have a 100yd. game (107). That shows that Siemian does not need a strong running game to succeed.

The Broncos are 8-6 and had no running game all season, their wins have not come from running the ball, where as the Bills wins have come on the shoulders of McCoy. McCoy has had at least 100 yds. or a rushing TD in every win except the Pats win. The Broncos have had 1 RB have a 100yd. game (107). That shows that Siemian does not need a strong running game to succeed.

The Broncos are also 4-6 since the rest of the teams figured them out. 

Dump Siemian onto the Bills team, and I don't think our running game compensates for the defensive differences: before this weekend, Denver was #1 in DVOA, Buffalo was 22nd. Denver started off 4-0, and have gone 4-6 since then. Sure, you could point to the competition, but the fact their defense has been great tells me that no, Siemian is not actually capable of much success without a strong running game--Denver's offense has been a dumpster fire since Anderson got hurt. Is Anderson as good as McCoy? No, but he's no slouch either. In offensive DVOA, Buffalo is 10th, and Denver is 22nd--if Siemian were so capable of a passer, that wouldn't be the case (it's also worth noting that both Thomas and Sanders have been healthy for him all season). 

Siemian is not good, he's just a different kind of average; but the bottom line is both Siemian and Tyrod are dependent upon strong supporting casts to be successful. Give Tyrod the best defense in football and we're in a playoff spot, too.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

The key point is that Denver is #1 in DVOA. I would argue that the Bills were built around the concept of being a top 10 defense at least. If Rex and Co. had delivered on that promise, then we would be comfortably in the playoffs and talking about upcoming match-ups and the surprising effectiveness of the Offense.

The Defense has obviously not lived up to expectations, and as such has us looking at another ~.500 season. 10th in Offensive DVOA is way more effective than I expected at the start of the year, and certainly good enough to be a playoff team.

Denver was #1 in DVOA, Buffalo was 22nd. 

In offensive DVOA, Buffalo is 10th, and Denver is 22nd--if Siemian were so capable of a passer, that wouldn't be the case (it's also worth noting that both Thomas and Sanders have been healthy for him all season). 

Siemian is not good, he's just a different kind of average; but the bottom line is both Siemian and Tyrod are dependent upon strong supporting casts to be successful. Give Tyrod the best defense in football and we're in a playoff spot, too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.