Tyler Ennis concussion?

Onceagain

Tyler Ennis has had two significant injuries this season. First was a concussion. Then a few games back he goes down again with what Bylsma described as a "different" injury. However, with no further clarity from Bylsma on what that is (except "upper body") and a report today where Bylsma said Ennis is "heart rate restricted" in his exercise. This means this second injury must also be a concussion? I cannot think of any other injury where return from it would result in heart-rate restricted exercise. If this is all true, Ennis has had two serious concussions back-to-back within a short period of time which would probably put the rest of this season in jeopardy and who knows what for future seasons. I hope this is not true...for him and for the sabres

That bites. The guy can still do a lot for the Sabres in the long term, but what really blows is he has no trade value. 

Ovi knocked Ennis pretty good (without any retaliation I must add). That's a big dude steam rolling a little dude.

I don't Think we trade Ennis now simply because the return will not be prudent.

What a bastard Ennis is -- he should suck it up and put on a happy face and play through it so we can acquire another player. Chump.

Seriously, the guy has a concussion, and the top concern is that he is worthless in the trade market?

What a bastard Ennis is -- he should suck it up and put on a happy face and play through it so we can acquire another player. Chump.

Seriously, the guy has a concussion, and the top concern is that he is worthless in the trade market?

It's not like they're saying they hate Ennis or they hope he doesn't come back.

I'm more upset at the lack of response ovi received, no one likes concussions, especially to our own guys...

With that said, even before he was injured I was among quite a few that were hopeful we would trade and get decent value for him.

Ovi knocked Ennis pretty good (without any retaliation I must add). That's a big dude steam rolling a little dude.

I don't Think we trade Ennis now simply because the return will not be prudent.

Nuts to that. Lehner returned a first while still out from a major concussion. Tim Murray just needs to find another Tim Murray to trade with.

I'm more upset at the lack of response ovi received, no one likes concussions, especially to our own guys...

With that said, even before he was injured I was among quite a few that were hopeful we would trade and get decent value for him.

IIRC, it was a clean hit.  What was there to respond to?

Can someone tell me why we are in such a rush to trade Ennis? He's a proven NHL 2nd liner who is still young (25), can play any forward position, and by all accounts is a good locker room guy.

I'll never understand it. As slow as Ennis started the season (which is not new) and dealing with injury, he still is 4th in points per game and I have little doubt that if he would of had the full amount of games he'd be 2nd in points. Even if he did continue on the pace he was going, which was sub par, he would be 4th in scoring. On a team that has trouble netting the puck (25th), getting rid of a goal scorer is not the best idea IMO.

Can someone tell me why we are in such a rush to trade Ennis? He's a proven NHL 2nd liner who is still young (25), can play any forward position, and by all accounts is a good locker room guy.

Because he is not a "proven NHL 2nd liner?" Is a good, yet small, player on a rebuilding team. On a top tier contending team he is a third liner at best that should see some power play time.He just doesn't have that much talent that makes you forget how small he is.  

Ennis saw him coming and turned his back to OV. Good clean finishing of a check by OV. 

After seeing it again, it wasn't really all that dirty. He got nailed good, but turned before contact, I wonder when his melon got knocked around hard enough for him to be out this long.

Sure, on this team he would be in the top 5 of goal scoring, which doesn't say much, it's so hard to evaluate this team as a whole because of DD and his system, a lot of players are struggling. I don't know if Ennis is just trying to do too much alone (he's been known to do that) or what the deal was before injury.

After seeing it again, it wasn't really all that dirty. He got nailed good, but turned before contact, I wonder when his melon got knocked around hard enough for him to be out this long.

Sure, on this team he would be in the top 5 of goal scoring, which doesn't say much, it's so hard to evaluate this team as a whole because of DD and his system, a lot of players are struggling. I don't know if Ennis is just trying to do too much alone (he's been known to do that) or what the deal was before injury.

Your head doesn't necessarily need hit to get a concussion. The force of the hit may have caused his brain to be hurt by the skull it self. Whip lash type move smashes the brain into the skull. The result is a concussion. 

Nothing dirty by Ovi. 

In today's NHL, scoring 20 goals 3 seasons in a row definitely gives you "proven NHL second liner" status.

I tend to agree with this.

Between Ennis and Moulson, that's 40+ goals we were banking on this season. Who knows how many more points in the standings that production would have meant.

GO SABRES!!!

In today's NHL, scoring 20 goals 3 seasons in a row definitely gives you "proven NHL second liner" status.

Not on a contending team. On a bottom third team, yeah sure. If the Sabres, or any team, is going to contend for a playoff spot it won't be with Ennis at 5' 9" skating in the top six forwards on a regular basis.   

How tall was Briere?

I was tempted, but there really isn't any point. It's his opinion and it ain't changing.

Next year it will be "If the Sabres, or any team, is going to win in the playoffs it won't be with Ennis at 5' 9" skating in the top six forwards on a regular basis."

How tall was Briere?

Are you saying Ennis and Briere are equivalent or do they both just happen to be 5' 9"/5' 10". Why not go with Marty St. Louis? Ennis is neither of those players and does not have the game to makeup for his lack of stature. Like Marchand as mentioned in the other thread. 5' 9" doesn't automatically mean you can't play in the league, you just better be bringing a hell of a lot more game than Ennis does, which Briere, St. Louis and Marchand do/did.  

Edited by DeLuca1967

Are you saying Ennis and Briere are equivalent or do they both just happen to be 5' 9"/5' 10". Why not go with Marty St. Louis? Ennis is neither of those players and does not have the game to makeup for his lack of stature. Like Marchand as mentioned in the other thread. 5' 9" doesn't automatically mean you can't play in the league, you just better be bringing a hell of a lot more game than Ennis does, which Briere, St. Louis and Marchand do/did.  

Ennis isn't as skilled as St. Louis and isn't nearly as thuggish as Marchand, but I have seen flashes of Briere in him.  More than just flashes, actually.  Given some space and another playmaker, I think there's a lot he could do.  I would love to see them try him with Reino and Zemgus.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.