Who Is The Biggest Disappointment So Far?

bob_sauve28

You younger guys have lived too little. Oooo la la and wowie, were even more cringe-worthy. 

The French Gori-LLA!

/thread

But they died. RJ let them go. He needs to do the same with Yeichel.

I was going to jump on you for this, but now I'm not sure he did those calls for the duration of the respective players' careers in Buffalo.

The Bills

Only if you expected playoffs. I thought 9-7, and that's still very possible, even if 8-8 is probably the most likely outcome. Now, the road to that record is nowhere near what I thought it would be, but overall I think it'll end up about where I expected it to. Hard to label something that meets expectations as the biggest disappointment.

My biggest disappointment so far this season is Bylsma's player usage. Hating his lines, minute distribution, and PP/OT units has become the status quo for me. I expected to disagree on stuff he did, but I think it's been flat-out bad in many cases.

Honorable mention for disappointment: Yeichel, and the people who think it's okay to let grandpa drive through their front door just because he's old lovable grandpa.

Only if you expected playoffs. I thought 9-7, and that's still very possible, even if 8-8 is probably the most likely outcome. Now, the road to that record is nowhere near what I thought it would be, but overall I think it'll end up about where I expected it to. Hard to label something that meets expectations as the biggest disappointment.

My issue with the Bills comes from how often they beat themselves. How many losses do you leave thinking "They should have won that but they sabotaged themselves"?

I predicted playoffs with a 10-6 record

I'm glad there's some youngins like you around who get excited and buy the hype rather than being beaten into a hopeless pulp by the last 15 years  :thumbsup:

And hey, if they end up 1 game worse than your prediction and that's the biggest disappointment on the year, you've had a pretty good year :)

I'm glad there's some youngins like you around who get excited and buy the hype rather than being beaten into a hopeless pulp by the last 15 years :thumbsup:

And hey, if they end up 1 game worse than your prediction and that's the biggest disappointment on the year, you've had a pretty good year :)

No point in watching it if you don't belive :beer:

We'll win next week, I'll get stoked, then we'll somehow ###### up some NFC East game before beating the Jets and going 9-7, losing out on the playoffs to the Cheifs :lol:

Edited by WildCard

But are those other teams beating themselves?  Or are they truly mediocre?

I think this is a distinction without a difference--there's a lot of different paths to mediocrity. I just don't separate out skill and smarts; in my view, they're inherently intertwined. For example, a player who is physically skilled but consistently misses plays because of recognition/angles/whatever isn't good and beating himself, he's mediocre. Apply to team level, and a team with a bunch of talent that regularly does stupid stuff is just as truly mediocre as a team with less talent but one that rarely makes mistakes. 

Honorable mention for disappointment: Yeichel, and the people who think it's okay to let grandpa drive through their front door just because he's old lovable grandpa.

Noone was hurt.  And he got a health check out of it.

#Grampasdrivingmatters

Full disclosure, my grandfather just did basically this last month.   :P

I don't. I think there's a difference between a team that just doesn't have the talent to win consistently, and a team that does, but makes too many mistakes.  I'd probably be less frustrated if I could see it your way.

The Tyler Myers Paradox. Tons of Talent, Tons of Mistakes.

Oooo La La Pierre was the whole call.  Pierre Turgeon.  That one was very much on the level with Yeichel.   

Ok.

My misunderstanding. Don't even remember the Oooo La La Pierre calls. Going to have to see if google remembers.

I still like Wowie Housley. 

Not sold on Yeichel. But if he says it 100 more times over the next couple years I'm sure I'll grow found of it.

Rex Ryan for sure.

Ditto.

Rex Ryan is an embarrassment to Buffalo. Buffalo fans deserve better. Remember what a class act the Bills had with Marv Levy? Intelligent, well spoken a real gentleman and good coach too!

This is what kind of coach that makes Buffalo proud. Rex Ryan is just the opposite in every way. 

Nobody can tolerate a buffoon for long. Rex is a buffoon!

Ditto.

Rex Ryan is an embarrassment to Buffalo. Buffalo fans deserve better. Remember what a class act the Bills had with Marv Levy? Intelligent, well spoken a real gentleman and good coach too!

This is what kind of coach that makes Buffalo proud. Rex Ryan is just the opposite in every way. 

Nobody can tolerate a buffoon for long. Rex is a buffoon!

I really hate this rhetoric of working class, blue collar pride that Buffalo has. It seems like a really poor way to make up for our lack of winning. Marv was, from everything I've heard, a pretty bad coach. 

Buffoon or not, Bellichick is an ass, but he's an ass that wins. That's all that matters

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.