GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis, 8:00 pm est, 11/19/2015

WildCard

I saw a map that showed ethnicity by.... zip code or something, and percent of Polish, Italian and Irish in Buffalo and immediate suburbs is much, much lower than you might guess by looking at the composition of local governments.

Also Greek, Dutch and German. Probably changed some in last 50 years

It's the gel factor.  There's so much turnover this literally is the like the first year of an expansion team.  The fact that they are competitive in most games is a minor miracle, despite our expectations.

We need to each sacrifice a dozen chicken wings on during the game and the curse will be lifted.  I plan to do my part.  :w00t:

The #fancystats look good; the puck luck will come.

I have said this before as well.  The other thing is that while we improved personnel wise, it wasn't as great a leap as some think.  The fact that Weber, Gorges, Gionta, Moulson, Larrson, Cola and Johnson are playing major roles is indicative that some patience is required for the other talent in our system to develop and to draft some more.  They are vastly improved in discipline and effort and there is plenty of flashes of potential.  But we are still outgunned by a lot of the upper echelon teams we wish to challenge.  

Read the whole thing. No saunter. Disappointed.

(Although I did get a chuckle out of "clash of contenders) :D

Just a little embellishment there  ;)

Couple of krauts around too...

Ancestery is almost entirely German, but I'm American

Edited by WildCard

@BNHarrington: Evander Kane skating with Eichel and Reinhart. Appears all systems go. #Sabres

Schaller appears to be scratched

Nice and nice, good news there on both parts. Any goalie news yet? That's really where I'm stressing for this game. It'd be nice to actually see Ullmark getting consecutive starts. 

Edited by WildCard

Nice and nice, good news there on both parts. Any goalie news yet? That's really where I'm stressing for this game. It'd be nice to actually see Ullmark getting consecutive starts. 

I'd bet on it!

@pham1717: Pysyk out with an injury to the "upper part of his lower body" and is out. Colaiacovo is in

Crap

The way the NHL lists their injuries is absurd. What the hell is the "upper part of his lower body"? Did he get karate kicked in the sack? Kidney stones? Hemorrhoids?

I'm not pleased with Ennis but I can't say I'm good with this as a result. Putting Ennis in Gio's should be spot on the third line but then, the lines are subject to change so who knows what sticks. If putting Ennis on the third line shakes him out of it so be it.

And welcome back Kane!

Ennis has been a bit of a disappointment, but he can turn it around anytime now (a known slow starter) and score 20+ and get 50-60 points on this team. The Sabres are near the bottom in scoring, I don't thing Gionta is going to tally the numbers of some of the younger players on the team could to help this team in scoring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.