GDT: Dallas @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/17/2015

WildCard

I don't understand the logic of the NHL. As the least popular Big 4 sport, they seem to want to eliminate fighting and scoring replacing them with interference and passing? Let's get rid of the fun stuff, replace it with ###### and then throw in challenges to kill any momentum the game has.

Exactly. They bitch and moan about the flow of the game; they want to increase the net size, shrink the goalie pads, call more penalties, and yet, AND YET, they have a challenge for offingsides. It's so stupid I can't believe we're surprised Bettman and crew, the same bunch of morons that have gone through more lockouts than any other major sport since he's been commissioner, is in favor of it

That is the 2nd goal Tyler Ennis has cost us.  This time it likely cost us a point.  I am ready to start cursing him for getting in offsides.

The coaches challenge sucks.  Tyler Ennis is still the goat tonight.  I hope the locker room starts a fine for this.

*pissed at Ennis*

The Ref screws up doesnt make the offsides call.

The play potentially continues for several minutes and a goal is scored.

Coach challenges a bad non call by the ref:

1. We lose Goal

2. We lose Momentum

3. We lose the the playing time spent between the offisides and the goal.

There is something wrong with this.

Edited by hockeyhound

I guess the Wings could have challenged this by the Habs and didn't - Gallagher slammed right into Mrazek;   it was first ruled a No-Goal then the damn officials ruled it a good goal even though he clearly crashed right into him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/39819/rumblings-coachs-challenge-controversy-heats-up-after-wings-habs-game

The young coach of the Wings didn't have the experience to know that he could challenge it for interference even after it was reviewed and ruled a good goal   

I was so angry when I saw it - I said to friends at the time that a goon from the Wings should have gone immediately to the other end and smashed into the Habs goalie - see how that dirty bunch likes it???   

The Coaches Challenge is terrible for a few reasons, some having been mentioned already in this thread. The Cons outweigh the Pros by far.

1. There are too many things that have just as much of an affect on the game, often more, that are not challenge-able. It's comes across as exceptionally arbitrary.

2. You can't challenge an offside that WAS called, when it shouldn't have been. An incorrect call can take away a rush that hypothetically could have lead to a goal.

3. The momentum lost and following letdown seems to make it that you are punished for a referee's mistake. It would be better to have never scored at all. You are worse off because of the process. The game isn't being evened up by the review, a team is actually being actively punished for a referee's mistake.

4. And this is on more of a personal level, it is hard to watch the NFL because you can never quite cheer something, because there could be a coming flag. It is happening in the NHL now, and it is ruining the game.

It didn't seem like they put enough time back on the clock.  I was watching a stream so I can't replay it;  I was wondering why it only went back to 1:23.   

Yeah it's looking like that's what happened.

I'd like to see Ennis packaged up and traded for someone who can maintain possession.

That'd be nice.

By the way, Schaller looked awful. Bogosian looked better than I thought he would for his debut, Ullmark continues to impress me, especially through traffic, and, dare I say it, our forwards are now more of a concern than our defense.

Strange as it seems, this appears to be the case.

There is a big difference between going offsides and calling it right away, and going offsides waitng until a goal is scored and taking that goal away.

It gives the other team a big psychological advantage, and it potentially can take the wind right out of the sails of the team playing catch up in a close game.

That's Bullshi*.

The ref made a mistake and we have to pay for it.

They should start getting rid of the bad refs.

Jack needs to be more effective more often. I get playing d but he is not the guy I want in the running for the Selke

This is the first game where it seemed like Jack made some odd forechecking decisions, turning the wrong way, not bearing down. He even had his head down like he was winded one time.

Didn't we lose an offsides call because the puck was behind and while the skate was positionally over the line, it wasn't on the ice? Today the puck was over the line and the skate was again over, but not on the ice. WTF?

I thought the same thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.