Don't do Drugs!

inkman

Video notes:

Many folks have said this is not the 88-89 team. That may be (and probably is) true. All I knew when I found it is that the broadcast was from the 1989 Kids Escaping Drugs telethon. I just assumed it was the 88-89 team. My apologies if the dates are off. The video is ridiculous whether it was 85-86 or 88-89. Either way... Enjoy!

That is specious.

It bubbled to the surface of the blogosphere pretty quickly. I don't know that it had to come from here (although those bigger blog platforms (HuffPo, Gawker) do track active message boards -- they even have spider/bot programs that do the first cut for them).

Ink: Where'd you first see it?

Not since Brad Riter ripped off the Carrion league has Sabrespace been so........ah, who cares?

Forgot about that. That guy has little to no shame.

Holy Schnykies!!

https://youtu.be/Tl5qV9lsDzQ

Blogo why didn't you heed their advice!!

Thanks for that!  What a gem!  Never saw that.

A few thoughts that struck me...

I don't recall John Tucker looking that much like Jagr! 

Dave Andreychuk was a huge guy, particularly by the standards of his day.

Mike Foligno looks and sounds like a mob boss.

All I know is that I grew up pretty innocent in the public schools until middle school (or maybe high school) when all the OLHC (Chapel) school kids got dumped in with us.  From the mix of kids that came into the public high school from Catholic school, I could surmise that two types of kids went to Catholic school:  1. The children of the devout to protect them from the temptations of the world, and 2. The kids who got into trouble at a young age whose parents thought putting them under the penguins would straighten them out.  Funny thing is, it worked the other way around and the incorrigibles corrupted the children of the devout.

On #2: someone I know's parents were pretty religious and strict when she was a kid. She said she'd go into Sunday School and sneak out the back because there were always some ne'er do well guys hanging out back there with the cars and they'd go ride around and drink. Same person ended up at Nardin for awhile and she instantly found the other wild kids to hang out with.

I've been to a whole mess of weddings involving couples born into Catholic families between 1965 and 1975.  No song is more uniformly well-received once the dancing starts.

Back in the day I used to DJ weddings and parties.  I can confirm.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.