NHL Gamecenter live

NNYSABRESMAN

I just want to say again that NHL GCL looks really good on AppleTV.

On a MacBook Pro hdmi to TV, it's really clear, but the motion kinda sucks.

On a Sony Playstation, it's kinda blurry, but the motion is great.

On AppleTV, you get the best of both worlds.

I might have to buy another one. They're so cheap.

I just want to say again that NHL GCL looks really good on AppleTV.

On a MacBook Pro hdmi to TV, it's really clear, but the motion kinda sucks.

On a Sony Playstation, it's kinda blurry, but the motion is great.

On AppleTV, you get the best of both worlds.

Bonus points for Apple TV and  connected iOS devices; GCL on the iPad puts the replay up immediately (albeit with commercials, but there's a fast forward button for a reason) so no waiting for the upload of the edited version, same picutre quality. 

Found out GCL is no longer supported by my Sony Blu-Ray player though.  So no games in the bedroom for me.  Wait, that's terrible...

I bought Gamecenter for the first time this year because I ditched cable. Since I live in Buffalo, basically every game is subject to blackout because it's broadcast on the regional network (MSG). It's not worth it to only get the condensed version after the game or wait 48 hours for the full broadcast. I was able to watch the opener live, so I'm a little confused.

I bought Gamecenter for the first time this year because I ditched cable. Since I live in Buffalo, basically every game is subject to blackout because it's broadcast on the regional network (MSG). It's not worth it to only get the condensed version after the game or wait 48 hours for the full broadcast. I was able to watch the opener live, so I'm a little confused.

Not sure why you got it the first week, but if you're in the blackout area you're probably not going to get them from here on out. Your going to have to use a VPN service.

Pretty much the last comment I'll make on Gamecenter. So far it's been money for me. And I mean that in a scary good way. No loading times during play, loss of "high definition" picture, etc.... I'm using a roku 3 to watch the games and I am loving it. Of course I'll enjoy it even more when the Sabres begin to bury the puck....

Not sure why you got it the first week, but if you're in the blackout area you're probably not going to get them from here on out. Your going to have to use a VPN service.

just for poops and giggles, I tried the game tonight and I got to watch it live. I am so, so confused.

Pretty much the last comment I'll make on Gamecenter. So far it's been money for me. And I mean that in a scary good way. No loading times during play, loss of "high definition" picture, etc.... I'm using a roku 3 to watch the games and I am loving it. Of course I'll enjoy it even more when the Sabres begin to bury the puck....

It's been great (for the most part) for me. With the exception of that one game it's been flawless. Except for tonight I had a few short pauses in the 1st period.

just for poops and giggles, I tried the game tonight and I got to watch it live. I am so, so confused.

Consider yourself lucky. Just make sure you have a choice VPN ready in case you come across a blackout.

Kodi not working today. No games listed, I had no choice but to use my laptop because the game is in NHL network and I don't get NHL Network. For some reason there is nothing to choose from after you click on live games and select the game you want. The next option should be which feed to watch. 

Kodi not working today. No games listed, I had no choice but to use my laptop because the game is in NHL network and I don't get NHL Network. For some reason there is nothing to choose from after you click on live games and select the game you want. The next option should be which feed to watch. 

Had the same question.  Once you select the "Watch Live" tab, go to the Game Preview tab.  It will then give you a choice of home or away feed.

JJ, I just go to the NHL.com site, login, and get to the main page where i can select the game.  Then I go to Game Preview and select the home feed.  I dont get the screens you show above.  Sorry, I didn't see your KODI reference, I'm a PC user with HDMI to a flatscreen.

JJ, I just go to the NHL.com site, login, and get to the main page where i can select the game.  Then I go to Game Preview and select the home feed.  I dont get the screens you show above.  Sorry, I didn't see your KODI reference, I'm a PC user with HDMI to a flatscreen.

Yeah, that's the way I ended up doing it was through my flatscreen via the laptop. I almost always use the Roku but todays game was on NHL Network so it wasn't televised on NHL Game Center. The only way I could watch it was by using a VPN service which is only installed on the laptop, and then by watching it on the flatscreen through the laptop. If I have to use my laptop I prefer Kodi because it's much smoother. (I have U-Verse so I don't have NHL Network)

Most games aren't going to be on NHL Network so it's really not an issue. I was just curious.

On a side note, that's not a bad idea going straight to NHL.com to get to the broadcast. It's much quicker than logging in through NHLGC.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Yeh I am in Westchester and that is pretty much my experience, they are on MSG via cable

I don't understand this. I'm in Jersey, the land of MSG teams and I get every Sabres game on GCL except those on NBCSN or NHLN.

EDIT: or when they are playing a local MSG team.

Edited by SwampD

IMO, NHL Gamecenter is mess, which is why they made the move to outsource the product to MLBAM....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=776246

...MLB At Bat is the gold standard for internet sports subscription services.    Looking forward them fixing up the NHL app, it's long overdue.

After hearing all of this I'm glad I went with Hockeystreams and wonder why more don't?  It's been perfect for me and it's cheaper and no blackouts.  It's not like the NHL needs your money, especially when their streaming product sounds like a huge headache.

After hearing all of this I'm glad I went with Hockeystreams and wonder why more don't?  It's been perfect for me and it's cheaper and no blackouts.  It's not like the NHL needs your money, especially when their streaming product sounds like a huge headache.

1. More often than not NHLGC has a much better video quality (at the very least, more consistent).

2. Hockeystreams is illegal.

3. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Which means there is a much higher chance that hockeystreams is loaded with malware and viruses.

1. More often than not NHLGC has a much better video quality (at the very least, more consistent).

2. Hockeystreams is illegal.

3. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Which means there is a much higher chance that hockeystreams is loaded with malware and viruses.

Well #2 is personal preference, but #1 and #3 are false in my experience.  The quality is excellent and my Roku is still humming along with no problems and I use it daily. I'd notice malware and viruses if they existed on it. I'd rather be able to watch hockey without the problems that people always seem to have with NHLGC, but again that's my personal preference.

Well #2 is personal preference, but #1 and #3 are false in my experience.  The quality is excellent and my Roku is still humming along with no problems and I use it daily. I'd notice malware and viruses if they existed on it. I'd rather be able to watch hockey without the problems that people always seem to have with NHLGC, but again that's my personal preference.

You asked, I answered.

And any legitimate viruses will be undetectable.

The problem I had wasn't with NHLGC, it was with Kodi. And the only problem I had with Roku was the first game, minor issues for part of a period in another game. Aside from that it's been perfect.

The forced ads do anger me though.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.