Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

If you don't follow twitter it really doesn't exist. Works for me. 

Bravo, my good bun.

Works for me too.

I don't know how this Twitter works and I don't want / need to.  My existence is complicated enough as it is.

I find Twitter useful for out of town local news from places I look forward to possibly moving some day. It can be very informative and helpful if you follow the right people. Less drama than Facebook. 

Don't have either :D

Wish I could say the same. Have avoided Twitter, but I do have a Facebook account. Only reason I'm glad I have it is the communication I have w/ parents of kids I coach in cross country. Have a team page. Makes it easy to remind people of practice times, fundraisers, etc.... Aside from that, have almost no interests in Facebook. Man, feel old when I say that. 

Wish I could say the same. Have avoided Twitter, but I do have a Facebook account. Only reason I'm glad I have it is the communication I have w/ parents of kids I coach in cross country. Have a team page. Makes it easy to remind people of practice times, fundraisers, etc.... Aside from that, have almost no interests in Facebook. Man, feel old when I say that.

Old and wise.

Tim Graham tweeted this article out about 45 minutes ago or so and has all these responses like Holy ######!  ###### getting real!  Etc.

I don't get it.  There seems nothing big here to me.  He employed a Buffalo cop to drive him around?:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/hamburg/off-duty-officer-was-kanes-driver-on-night-of-alleged-rape-20150815

You don't see a possible conflict of interest? If he witnesses his client commit a crime, who does he serve, Kane or the public? Why employ a cop? It's not hard to imagine a cop putting his badge back on to, say, intimidate someone victimized by a client. So slimy. Kane and slimy? Shock.

You don't see a possible conflict of interest? If he witnesses his client commit a crime, who does he serve, Kane or the public? Why employ a cop? It's not hard to imagine a cop putting his badge back on to, say, intimidate someone victimized by a client. So slimy. Kane and slimy? Shock.

Plenty of officers do security-type jobs off hours.  

By all accounts, whatever happened was after the cop left, so he didn't witness a crime.

As long as he tells the truth when questioned as to what led up to the possible crime, I don't see a problem.

I don't think there's anything to see here.  TBN reporting on nothing.  I guess it's better than the Croce article.

It happens everywhere and is totally within department regulations. I have officer friends who do it all the time. They also work in a lot of nightclubs - that one i am not too sure about.

It happens everywhere and is totally within department regulations. I have officer friends who do it all the time. They also work in a lot of nightclubs - that one i am not too sure about.

What is this officer's purpose? To keep the client out of trouble or cover up trouble the client gets in? Is he just a driver? Why do you need a cop to drive you?

It happens everywhere? Who can afford to hire a cop to chaffeur you around town?

And in the delayed reaction department... did a Buffalo police lieutenant just say he "supports" Kane despite not knowing what happened? See my question above. Is this the attitude he takes on calls — taking the side of people he knows, people who employ him, or men in general in situations of sexual assault and domestic violence?

Edited by PASabreFan

What is this officer's purpose? To keep the client out of trouble or cover up trouble the client gets in? Is he just a driver? Why do you need a cop to drive you?

It happens everywhere? Who can afford to hire a cop to chaffeur you around town?

And in the delayed reaction department... did a Buffalo police lieutenant just say he "supports" Kane despite not knowing what happened? See my question above. Is this the attitude he takes on calls — taking the side of people he knows, people who employ him, or men in general in situations of sexual assault and domestic violence?

1.  Probably to act as a bodyguard as well as a driver, which would explain why he was in the bar.

2.  Patrick Kane can.  You and I cannot.  I have no need to, though.  I'm not worried about groupies and I haven't pissed off the cabbies in Buffalo yet.

3.  TBN said he supports Kane.  It was not in a direct quotation.  Given the abysmal job TBN has done so far with this story, I can't be sure what was said.  If he did say it, it's a pretty stupid thing to say.

1. Probably to act as a bodyguard as well as a driver, which would explain why he was in the bar.

2. Patrick Kane can. You and I cannot. I have no need to, though. I'm not worried about groupies and I haven't pissed off the cabbies in Buffalo yet.

3. TBN said he supports Kane. It was not in a direct quotation. Given the abysmal job TBN has done so far with this story, I can't be sure what was said. If he did say it, it's a pretty stupid thing to say.

I went to edit my post and hit delete by accident. Don't feel like retyping. You pretty much said what i was.

Kane didn't hire a cab driver. He hired a bodyguard. Most likely to keep him out of trouble. Doubt he was looking for an off duty running mate to cause mayhem.

Plenty of officers do security-type jobs off hours.  

By all accounts, whatever happened was after the cop left, so he didn't witness a crime.

As long as he tells the truth when questioned as to what led up to the possible crime, I don't see a problem.

I don't think there's anything to see here.  TBN reporting on nothing.  I guess it's better than the Croce article.

This is exactly how I feel.  I guess maybe all the twitter reactions of " just got real" etc. would happen no matter what was posted by TBN.  "Kane reported to be drinking Bud Light"  - Holy says HawksFan999

I figured the News would have some story for the Sunday paper.  But, this isn't exactly a bombshell.

Larger departments in this area have "extra jobs" that can be hired out. Bars, banks, almost any business, even colleges, hire police , who work in full uniform, at a special rate. Example, $47/hr per officer. The officer makes $32/hr, the department takes the other $15 for insurance, etc. It saves the private employer (bank, bar...) from paying an OT rate, covers the costs that the dept. has, and gives officers a chance to make extra $. Usually the departments do not allow officers to work in a security capacity outside.

The smaller departments don't have the "extra jobs" and do allow officers to "freelance". Many work as drivers for people going to airports, etc. Really not uncommon for police to have two or more jobs.

As to his supporting Kane, I believe the article says that they (or their families) were friends. 

I haven't seen anything yet that would indicate he had anything to offer as to what happened inside the house. I am under the impression that he left after dropping them off. 

Actually, Facebook is where old people are.  I'm 53 and therefore old, and it's all middle aged women posting pics of their kids and now grandkids and having every other middle aged woman say how beautiful they are, even if the kids look like they just got off the set of Deliverance. 

I wish my facebook feed had more things like twitter, which skews much younger.

Actually, Facebook is where old people are.  I'm 53 and therefore old, and it's all middle aged women posting pics of their kids and now grandkids and having every other middle aged woman say how beautiful they are, even if the kids look like they just got off the set of Deliverance. 

I wish my facebook feed had more things like twitter, which skews much younger.

And this is why young people don't use Facebook anymore. From what I'm told by young people.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.