2015-2016 NHL Season Predictions

WildCard

Actually you're right, the trophy needs a new name as finishing in 30th now only guarantees the 4th overall pick and therefore it's unlikely you'll see a team sinking to the putrid depths that we witnessed last year.

I direct your attention to the Coyotes. I believe I read that in five straight preseason games they got a total of one even strength goal. They have quite the stench emanating from them.

Where do the Sabres finish: (8th)

Eastern Conference Finals: (Capitals vs. Lightning)

Western Conference Finals: (Ducks vs. Kings)

Stanley Cup Finals: (Kings vs. Lightning)

Stanley Cup Winners: (Lightning)

Rocket Richard Trophy: (TyJohnson)

Hart Trophy: (Ovechkin)

Vezina Trophy: (Holtby)

Norris (defenseman): (Yosi)

Jack Adams (coach): (Bylsma)

Calder Trophy: (Jack Eichel)

Bonus: Who will be the biggest name moved during the season? Okposo, Big Buf

Bonus: How many Buffalo Sabres participate in the All Star Game? (3: Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly)

Bonus: Biggest bounce back season by any player? Kessel

I really like those awards pick, very bold and interesting

I wonder about Roy as coach. That team has talent.

They've also lost Statsny and O'Reilly, two huge players for them when they went into the playoffs a few years back. They do have some talent, just not enough to compete I'm the West IMO Edited by WildCard

Where do the Sabres finish:12th

The fan in me wants to say higher, but the forecaster in me looks at the mediocre-at-best blue line and very uncertain goaltending as issues too large to be ignored or overcome, even by why I expect to be a pretty dynamic forward group.

Eastern Conference Finals: Washington vs. Tampa Bay
Western Conference Finals: LA vs. Dallas
Stanley Cup Finals: Dallas vs. Washington

Stanley Cup Winners: Washington Capitals

Rocket Richard Trophy: Stamkos
Hart Trophy: Seguin
Vezina Trophy: Lundqvist
Norris (defenseman): Doughty
Jack Adams (coach): McLellan

Calder Trophy: McDavid

Bonus: Who will be the biggest name moved during the season? Dustin Byfuglien

Bonus: How many Buffalo Sabres participate in the All Star Game? Two: Kane and O'Reilly (three if the young stars game counts, because Eichel will be in that)

Bonus: Biggest bounce back season by any player? Taylor Hall--he wasn't bad last year, but he was off his career averages and I think he pushes for the Art Ross this year

Eastern Conference surprise team: Carolina. I don't think they're world beaters or anything, but they upgraded on defense and in net, and I think Lindolm takes the next step forward.

Eastern Conference disappointment: Columbus. Everyone is pointing to the injuries last year and expecting a big bounce back, which is fair. But Foligno had a year I don't think he can repeat, they lack ideal depth down the middle, and I'm not even sold on their blue line. There's also uncertainty around how Saad will do away from Toews and Hossa (I think he'll be fine, but time will tell).

Western Conference surprise team: Edmonton. McDavid, a real coach, Sekera, Talbot...barring injuries this team is much, much better than last year. And they weren't even that bad last year, it's just their goaltenders were AHL-level. I think they make a very real push for a wild card.

Western Conference disappointment: Winnipeg. I was going to go with Calgary because of their underlying numbers, but I'll be damned if I didn't love their offseason. I think they regress, but not like Colorado last year. Winnipeg has contract uncertainty with Ladd and Byfuglien, and I'll eat my keyboard if Pavelec looks good two years in a row. In that division, I don't think they can make the playoffs.

Where do the Sabres finish: 10th in East

Eastern Conference Finals: TB over C-bus

Western Conference Finals: Anaheim vs. Chicago

Stanley Cup Finals:  TB over Anaheim

Stanley Cup Winners: TB

Rocket Richard Trophy: Ovie

Hart Trophy: Stamkos

Vezina Trophy: Price

Norris (defenseman): Hedman

Jack Adams (coach): Boudreau

Calder Trophy: Bennett, Runner-up: Eichel

Bonus: Who will be the biggest name moved during the season? Chara

Bonus: How many Buffalo Sabres participate in the All Star Game? (3: Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly Eichel voted in.) ( Larsson & Reinhart in young guns game.)

Bonus: Biggest bounce back season by any player? Kane

Western Conference:

1) Ducks

2) Hawks

3) Blues

4) Wild

5) Preds

6) Dallas

7) Jets

8) Calgary

9) LA

10) Edmonton

11) Nucks

12) Avs

13) SJ

14) Arizona

Eastern Conference:

1) TB

2) Rags

3) CBJ

4) Habs

5) Pittsburgh

6) Panthers

7) Caps

8) Isles

9) Otters

10) Buffalo

11) Phlyers

12) Detroit

13) Boston Bruins

14) Joisey

15) Carolina

16) TO

Remember when that story ran during camp about Dareus trying to figure out the scheme? The consensus here seemed to be: No need to worry. Because Rex Ryan. Because best front 4 in the NFL.

Well, Carruci is reporting that the breaking in period persists.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/07/bills-d-line-experiencing-disconnect-with-scheme/

Whither Jim Schwartz?

• 3 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.