Playoff Beards: Tradition or Terrible?

thesportsbuff

The idea of a playoff beard is so horrible that EA Sports finally caved in to my one request for the NHL series and will introduce playoff beards in NHL 16.  Playoff beards that will grow through the playoffs automatically.

If it's in the game...

One problem I have the with the positioning of the NBC statement is that is speaks to the "ideal beauty" concept.  Guys don't need to shave in order to be beautiful.  Accept who they are and market the beards... 

Ugh.. it's ignorance to the nth degree.

I wonder, can Olli Jokinen grow a beard? I'm afraid to google it. 

Uh...So what does that say about your face/skin?

Getting off topic, but the Simpsons is about to take a HUGE nose dive. Homer and Marge are going to legally separate, rumor is this won't be permanent, and Harry Shearer, plays Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Principal Skinner and Rev. Lovejoy, is leaving the show due to contract disputes. You can't replace a guy who's played these parts for 26 seasons. 

Now, this show has been on the air way too long and ran out of ideas years ago, but the direction it is going now will lead to an ending of the series. They should try to work things out w/ Shearer and finish the series on a high note.

Apologize for getting off topic. 

Getting off topic, but the Simpsons is about to take a HUGE nose dive. Homer and Marge are going to legally separate, rumor is this won't be permanent, and Harry Shearer, plays Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Principal Skinner and Rev. Lovejoy, is leaving the show due to contract disputes. You can't replace a guy who's played these parts for 26 seasons. 

Now, this show has been on the air way too long and ran out of ideas years ago, but the direction it is going now will lead to an ending of the series. They should try to work things out w/ Shearer and finish the series on a high note.

I hadn't heard any of that. That's pretty bold of them to continue the show with all of that change upcoming. I haven't watched much of the last probably five seasons, but I will say that the episodes I have seen lately are very hit or miss. It's a shame that they couldn't have gone out on a higher note, the first 15 or so seasons were very good TV.

Of course it's not permanent.  They'll resolve it in one episode like they always have.  How many times has Marge kicked Homer out over the years?  Thanks to moments like that, I now know that only gay guys and big fat party animals wear Hawaiian shirts.

If a person won't watch hockey because facial hair on the players makes them less attractive, or look less like the kid next door, the Raiders are completely stupid then and missing out with the whole bad boy image tactic.

How about using a positive approach, post playoff beard shaving for charity. Highest bidder gets to "help" shave the beard off their favorite hockey player with all proceeds going to a charity and have the NHL push that.

That is one of the best ideas I have seen on this board. Talk about exposure.

Those scrambler pipes. Yes.

No kidding. Scramblers, like bowties, are cool. I would have bought a Triumph one for my wife if she had fit on it. I rode it for a couple days as a loaner and all I wanted to do was jump over barbed-wire fences. For me though, I'm loving this:

BMW-Scrambler-ALT_white1.jpg?mode=max&qu

No kidding. Scramblers, like bowties, are cool. I would have bought a Triumph one for my wife if she had fit on it. I rode it for a couple days as a loaner and all I wanted to do was jump over barbed-wire fences. For me though, I'm loving this:

BMW-Scrambler-ALT_white1.jpg?mode=max&qu

Have you seen the new Husqvarna's concepts?

And how mad are you that Ducati put the pipes in the wrong spot on their new scrambler?

Have you seen the new Husqvarna's concepts?

And how mad are you that Ducati put the pipes in the wrong spot on their new scrambler?

I was going to post a picture of the Ducati (I hadn't really looked at it), but when I did I thought, "Ick, that's not a scrambler." I haven't looked much at the Huskies, running off to Google now!

Edited by MattPie

I was going to post a picture of the Ducati (I hadn't really looked at it), but when I did I thought, "Ick, that's not a scrambler." I haven't looked much at the Huskies, running off to Google now!

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/19/husqvarna-401-concept-motorcycles-production-bound/

Edited by d4rksabre

Interesting, I'm kind of torn. The Scrambler is the cooler of the two, but it'd be a shame if you never took those chunky TKC-80 tires off-road, but you'd have quite the stripe of mud on your back with that bob fender. As much as a like design exercises, motorcycles are for riding (I have 71000 miles on mine) and have to be a little practical before it really moves for me.

We should really unearth the motorcycle thread for this though....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.