Making SabreSpace more friendly to new posters

nfreeman

Do tell!

Complete Control was written by Joe and Mick after The Clash was signed to a record deal with CBS.  Many fans felt that the band "sold-out" for a record deal.

As part of the deal The Clash would have "complete control" and especially complete artistic control, but they would have to release 8 studio albums as part of the deal under the CBS label (EPIC Records was a sub of CBS at the time).

Complete Control was written and released after, even with "complete control" CBS demanded that the band and Bernie Rhodes (manager) release Remote Control as the second signal after White Riot.

Joe and Mick were furious and in an effort to get out from under the control of CBS (even though the bank had "complete control") they issued London Calling (a double LP ... counting as 2 albums ... insisted on selling it at the price of a single LP) and Sandinista (a triple LP ... counting as 3 albums ... and sold at the price of a single LP).

So, there you go.  The story of Complete Control.  The song tells the story ...

Complete Control was written by Joe and Mick after The Clash was signed to a record deal with CBS.  Many fans felt that the band "sold-out" for a record deal.

As part of the deal The Clash would have "complete control" and especially complete artistic control, but they would have to release 8 studio albums as part of the deal under the CBS label (EPIC Records was a sub of CBS at the time).

Complete Control was written and released after, even with "complete control" CBS demanded that the band and Bernie Rhodes (manager) release Remote Control as the second signal after White Riot.

Joe and Mick were furious and in an effort to get out from under the control of CBS (even though the bank had "complete control") they issued London Calling (a double LP ... counting as 2 albums ... insisted on selling it at the price of a single LP) and Sandinista (a triple LP ... counting as 3 albums ... and sold at the price of a single LP).

I never knew that background, but that's probably because I was never all that into the Clash, but thanks for posting it. I was more into the Dead Kennedys when it came to punk rock.

Awesome.  Thanks.

Ha Maybe have some type of "combine" to put a potential ceiling on each poster?  

Sure, make them read the tank threads until they throw up?

See if they can make it through the Stafford must go thread?

Try and understand one of Yuri's posts?

See if they can decipher some of the conspiracy theories on here?

That's not a combine. That's torture. How many people here are on meds now after experiencing all of that? 

1. i actually followed every post in the chl thread

2. i read that entire thing...ugh

3. more than i care to admit

4. Batista? 

I know this is ironic, but we need some new posters to post in this thread and tell us.

I have been a member and avid reader of this board since 05. I was under a different name and forgot it. This, and two bills I check,and read daily. I rarely post.

At times members come across either harsh,or defensive, or no it all type mentality. Although, not as much as two bills. I have seen where users with thousands of posts get away with murder on these two sites, where users with fewer posts get warning points much quicker.

Just my two cents. I know this post is all over the place.

I will say that I really do enjoy the varying opinions, and discussion.

Edited by DirtDart

I have been a member and avid reader of this board since 05. I was under a different name and forgot it. This, and two bills I check,and read daily. I rarely post.

At times members come across either harsh,or defensive, or no it all type mentality. Although, not as much as two bills. I have seen where users with thousands of posts get away with murder on these two sites, where users with fewer posts get warning points much quicker.

You just made the death list, buddy.

I'll say one thing about the tank, posters who come after it will be inherently different than those who survived it.  

also the stafford thread idea  :lol:

What a prick?!

Just messin'. Glad you're posting. In all seriousness do it more often.

know it all

:P

I'll say one thing about the tank, posters who come after it will be inherently different than those who survived it.  

Can you spot a band wagoner

know it all

:P

Can you spot a band wagoner

Wasn't necessarily thinking of badnwagoners.  I was thinking that there will be those of us who survived the tank and those who came after.  It is a major moment in Sabres history that marks an ending and a new beginning. The tank was transformative. 

Wasn't necessarily thinking of badnwagoners.  I was thinking that there will be those of us who survived the tank and those who came after.  It is a major moment in Sabres history that marks an ending and a new beginning. The tank was transformative. 

BT and AT ?

Something to hope for is not assuming new members are bandwagoners. 

*Post 2,170

I'll be putting a post count on each post I enter. Have to because one of the mods jacked everything up! Just messin'.....  :nana:

Edited by Thanes16

At times members come across either harsh,or defensive, or no it all know-it-all-type mentality. Although, not as much as two bills. I have seen where users with thousands of posts get away with murder on these two sites, where users with fewer posts get warning points much quicker.

Learn to spell or GTFO. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.