The 'layers of people' around TP — THEY'RE PEOPLE! TELL THEM! — also: fookin' Battista

PASabreFan

Based on what we've heard so far in totality, I think Babcock went deep into the negotiation process with Buffalo, but simply preferred the TO position.  When he got what he wanted from TO, he took their offer and not ours.

Buffalo and Toronto are 2 very different places in all kinds of ways.  

I don't think there's more to it than that.

I'm ready to move on from the Babcock situation.

I hope Tim takes his time with the search.  I think my new #1 wish is for Claude Julien to get fired so we can hire him in Buffalo.  That will have to play out over time.  I'd like to see Tim Murray continue to poke around, but at least wait for the playoffs to end and be patient right now.

Welcome to 2015! The days of there being simply an owner, GM and coach are in the past. Pegula is a business man who has invested in expanding hockey's footprint here in WNY. Since Pegula himself is not a hockey man he is hiring those he feel is qualified to be part of this expansion. I know nothing about this Joe Battista and I don't care to know anything about him. I don't care about anyone in the Sabres front offices other than Pegula who signs the checks and Murray who is steering this franchise in a direction that I have 100% faith in. It's clear that maybe some are going through Quinn-withdrawal. Sometimes this board is like watching a movie with someone who is so busy trying to find little continuity issues like what hand an actor is holding a drink in from cut to cut that they forget to watch and enjoy the movie. And I'll raise my hand in guilt in this as well. 

I'm so excited for the future of this franchise and the future of this board. We are on the cusp of a renaissance here. In a short time we are going to have so much actually hockey to discuss that SDS is going to have to invest in additional servers and find additional moderators. I feel it coming on like a storm. We have so many great posters on this board that have gone way too long without having "hockey" to talk about that when they explode some of us are going to have to call in sick to work just to try and keep up.   

Welcome to 2015! The days of there being simply an owner, GM and coach are in the past. Pegula is a business man who has invested in expanding hockey's footprint here in WNY. Since Pegula himself is not a hockey man he is hiring those he feel is qualified to be part of this expansion. I know nothing about this Joe Battista and I don't care to know anything about him. I don't care about anyone in the Sabres front offices other than Pegula who signs the checks and Murray who is steering this franchise in a direction that I have 100% faith in. It's clear that maybe some are going through Quinn-withdrawal. Sometimes this board is like watching a movie with someone who is so busy trying to find little continuity issues like what hand an actor is holding a drink in from cut to cut that they forget to watch and enjoy the movie. And I'll raise my hand in guilt in this as well. 

I'm so excited for the future of this franchise and the future of this board. We are on the cusp of a renaissance here. In a short time we are going to have so much actually hockey to discuss that SDS is going to have to invest in additional servers and find additional moderators. I feel it coming on like a storm. We have so many great posters on this board that have gone way too long without having "hockey" to talk about that when they explode some of us are going to have to call in sick to work just to try and keep up.

I think, for the first time in ......well, ever. I'd like to hug you.

Team Storm Cloud emergency meeting in Secure Bunker 18! They got DeLuca!

Code Avocado! I repeat! Code Avocado!

I use to have six feet of snow lining my driveway, the storm has passed, the snow is gone and the sun is shining this morning. Complaining about the storm after it has passed devalues the initial concerns. Why let past storms blind us from seeing the sun. Storm Clouds dissipate, a Cloud that doesn't is actually just pollution which was never the intent. If the conditions dictate the Storm Cloud will form again, until then, enjoy the sun. :flirt:   

Snowblower? Snowblowers are for wussies.

Call me captain wussy pants. Ten minutes into shoveling my driveway shortly after purchasing my house, I threw down the shovel and went to home Depot and spent a good chunk of a grand getting a man machine. I don't know how I would manage without it.

I use to have six feet of snow lining my driveway, the storm has passed, the snow is gone and the sun is shining this morning. Complaining about the storm after it has passed devalues the initial concerns. Why let past storms blind us from seeing the sun. Storm Clouds dissipate, a Cloud that doesn't is actually just pollution which was never the intent. If the conditions dictate the Storm Cloud will form again, until then, enjoy the sun. :flirt:   

Typical meteorologist. Calling for sun. They've never right. Listen, the rain has stopped coming down in buckets, but it's still sprinkling. There might be some brightening to the West — or it might be that weird color the sky gets before a tornado. The Sabres are one step above an expansion team. They have some good young players, no coach, a first-time GM and a relatively new owner who's still trying to learn how to do this. I'd put away the shades for now.

Typical meteorologist. Calling for sun. They've never right. Listen, the rain has stopped coming down in buckets, but it's still sprinkling. There might be some brightening to the West — or it might be that weird color the sky gets before a tornado. The Sabres are one step above an expansion team. They have some good young players, no coach, a first-time GM and a relatively new owner who's still trying to learn how to do this. I'd put away the shades for now.

What we don't have is Status Quo, what we do have is hope. I'm not inclined to ask for anything more at this point. 

:lol:

Joe Battista Noir   - Chapter One  "A cold ass day in HarborCenter"

Battista leaned in the doorway, his bold, cigar-chomping countenance wore a look of pain at the unusual ménage of life around Harbor Center. When the meaning of his interior disturbance became clear to him he placed a hand beside the jowls of his mouth to amplify the sound and shouted to his male secretary. "Has Terry returned my call?"

A feeble clamor was heard in the other room. A meek,  "No, sir. no messages at all, sir." 

Out the window he could see the FNC, on the wayward side Seymour Knox Plaza. He, the man that would be Lord Chancellor to a hockey empire was yet to take his rightful place. He knew he had his enemies in the "chattering circles" of the NHL. There were those that thought him only an aggrandized superintendent of a rented building, a warm seat if you will. Those people would count him wrong. He was after all, a Penn State man. There were moments he truly believed in his own resiliency - - - not merely a human heart beat in his ribcage, but that of a Lion. And not just an underfed, scrawny, circus lion with a touch of mange that one sees in bad sideshows--- but a real, goddamned real, beating heart of a Nittany Lion. Literally.  

"Literally Nittany," he mumbled to himself, and was awoken from his reverie by a ringing phone.  

"TERRY!," he answered, "I've been......."

"No, no, chubs, its not TERRY!," he heard over the line with a mocking girl voice, "This is Black, you mamby-pamby sycophant."

Full marks ...,

A mystery.

She is very beautiful. And smart. And capable. And refined. And persuasive. And intuitive. Also, she smells good.

So, nah - I was having none of the shade being thrown about an empty-headed trophy wife being appointed to a position of power to which she was ill-suited.

When a young man, I told a woman in an elevator that she smelled good. She smiled and she said "thank you". The door opened to her floor and she paused before stepping out. Turning to me, with a gracious smile, she said "thank you, again, but you'll make a much better impression saying "I enjoy your fragrance"".

Wow good.

Team Storm Cloud emergency meeting in Secure Bunker 18! They got DeLuca!

Code Avocado! I repeat! Code Avocado!

Wow funny.

Edited by Neo

Call me captain wussy pants. Ten minutes into shoveling my driveway shortly after purchasing my house, I threw down the shovel and went to home Depot and spent a good chunk of a grand getting a man machine. I don't know how I would manage without it.

Amen to that.  When I was back in WNY all three kids begged for a snowblower.  We got it!    Never did get the garage door opener though.  Being the youngest of the three, in the pouring rain, they sent me out to open the garage door.  My Mom would say, "I don't need a Genie door opener, I got a Jeannie for that."   Still pissed about that one. 

When a young man, I told a woman in an elevator that she smelled good. She smiled and she said "thank you". The door opened to her floor and she paused before stepping out. Turning to me, with a gracious smile, she said "thank you, again, but you'll make a much better impression saying "I enjoy your fragrance"".

Cripes. NOW you tell me.

This was awesome.

lol i don't post here that much anymore so i might have missed some but this is probably your best post ever  :flirt:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.