The fans could make the Sabres lose

SabresFanInRochester

I say every male fan in the lower bowl (pun intended), instead of going to the bathrooms, walks down to the glass and pees through the camera holes onto the ice. I think that would stop a game.

Instead of the Shart, we can call it the Golden Shower.

I say every male fan in the lower bowl (pun intended), instead of going to the bathrooms, walks down to the glass and pees through the camera holes onto the ice. I think that would stop a game.

Instead of the Shart, we can call it the Golden Shower.

I'd have to pass on that, the camera holes aren't big enough, wink wink.

download.jpgdownload.jpghttp://www.dorkly.com/images/download.jpg

Sorry -- I don't know how to just make this appear.

Look I am not trying to give you a hard time, but the fans need to show respect for the game.  You are advocating wholesale cheating on the part of the fans to literally throw the game.  That is insane.   Let it play out and deal with whatever outcome we get.  

You should. And the fact that you do, makes you even more schmidt.

;)

Look I am not trying to give you a hard time, but the fans need to show respect for the game.  You are advocating wholesale cheating on the part of the fans to literally throw the game.  That is insane.   Let it play out and deal with whatever outcome we get.  

;)

I hear you. But, cheating is breaking the rules. I am not advocating breaking the rules. I am wondering if one of the rules was enforced, would it work?

Honestly, I think Buffalo loses versus Columbus AND Anaheim picks up their next win. I think the idea of a forfeit is a moot point. But, is it a loophole in the books? Did you think it was fair for the lottery odds to change in mid-season? Rules change when there is a belief that someone can exploit them. I don't think anyone would envision such an action -- fans forcing a forfeit -- but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

;)

Let it play out and deal with whatever outcome we get.

Thank you LGR this is what I was advocating but I'm not sure I was getting it through. Certainly didn't say the fans should sit on their hands. But it is essentially out of our hands. The players inevitably decide it on the ice.

Let it play out and deal with whatever outcome we get.

Thank you LGR this is what I was advocating but I'm not sure I was getting it through. Certainly didn't say the fans should sit on their hands. But it is essentially out of our hands. The players inevitably deciI 

I know what you're saying. I am partly playing devils advocate. My suggestion is not breaking the rules, and I put it out there for discussion. I didn't expect people to begin planning ideas. In fact, when the question "how" was posed to me, I really wasn't sure. I appreciate some of the humor -- urinating through the camera holes. Just trying to have some fun. The tank talk has made for a long season. Instead of the same old topic, I thought something outside the box would create some chatter. 

I know what you're saying. I am partly playing devils advocate. My suggestion is not breaking the rules, and I put it out there for discussion. I didn't expect people to begin planning ideas. In fact, when the question "how" was posed to me, I really wasn't sure. I appreciate some of the humor -- urinating through the camera holes. Just trying to have some fun. The tank talk has made for a long season. Instead of the same old topic, I thought something outside the box would create some chatter. 

I get what you're sayin. All the discussion seems to be the same. This is something new. Its all good.

Power outage; but you could create panic. Same reason I would not advocate pulling a fire alarm.

This reminded me of the Superbowl a few years back when the power went out in the game between the Ravens and 49ers. There is NFL films footage that came out that people were talking about for a while, where in the footage Joe Flacco was seen telling a player on the Ravens bench to run onto the field and tackle the 49ers kick returner should be bust a return. He didn't seem to be kidding. It was in the last minute and the Ravens almost had the game won at the time. 

I wonder how the league would have dealt with something like this.

How about everyone who bought a turd jersey gets hammered before the game and then throws up on the turd jersey.  At the arena they throw the turd jerseys at our players while screaming McEichel is coming!!! McEichel is coming!!! Paul Revere style before climbing over the glass to fight the referees if they don't immediate cancel game but discovering they are too drunk to climb so they just barf onto the ice after physically over exerting their fat @$$3$.

If Buffalo fans are desperate for a loss on Saturday, isn't there something that the fans could do to force the league to forfeit the game?

Rule 66 – Forfeit of Game 66.1 Forfeit of Game - In the event of failure by a Club to comply with a provision of the League constitution, by-laws, resolutions, rules or regulations affecting the playing of a game, the Referee shall, if so directed by the Commissioner or his designee, refuse to permit the game to proceed until the offending Club comes into compliance with such provision. Should the offending club persist in its refusal to come into compliance, the Referee shall, with the prior approval of the Commissioner or his designee, declare the game forfeited and the non-offending Club the winner. Should the Referee declare the game forfeited because both Clubs have refused to comply with such a provision, the visiting Club shall be declared the winner. If the game is declared forfeited prior to its having commenced, the score shall be recorded as 1-0 and no player shall be credited with any personal statistics. If the game was in progress at the time it is declared forfeited, the score shall be recorded as zero for the loser and 1, or such greater number of goals that had been scored by it, for the winner; however, the players on both Clubs shall be credited with all personal statistics earned up to the time the forfeit was declared.

I am certainly not advocating anything illegal or impactful on the safety of others, but if the game cannot be played, it seems like Pittsburgh would get a 1-0 win and with that, Buffalo would lose. I seem to recall snow balls being thrown on a field in the NFL and that resulted in penalties, but I thought the refs threatened forfeiture if the infraction was not stopped. Maybe I am incorrect in my recollection.

At the very least, could the fans create unsportsmanlike penalties to be handed out, giving the Pens the power play? How many of those would it take for them to win? Who knows, if fans get arrested, you might have a judge that believes in the tank and looks the other way.

You do realize this is not a video game or a fantasy league, right?  Any disruption by the fans would likely result in ejection of fans causing the problem, arrests, etc.  If there was enough of a fracas, the teams would be sent off the ice and the building cleared.  The game would either continue directly afterwards or be re-scheduled. The game could have an impact on the Pens being in the playoffs - do you think the league would award them a win on a forfeit that would result in a playoff berth?  I'm sure the other teams on the bubble would have a huge issue with that.

This "tank" business has gotten way out of hand.  We all know what the prize is at the end of the season, but the increasingly ridiculous ideas to procure this prize have escalated way, way too far. If we finish in 30th or 28th place, life will go on. This isn't life and death stuff.  It is a game. 

How about everyone who bought a turd jersey gets hammered before the game and then throws up on the turd jersey.  At the arena they throw the turd jerseys at our players while screaming McEichel is coming!!! McEichel is coming!!! Paul Revere style before climbing over the glass to fight the referees if they don't immediate cancel game but discovering they are too drunk to climb so they just barf onto the ice after physically over exerting their fat @$$3$.

/thread

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This was hilarious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.