Mike Weber to have Season Ending Surgery

LastPommerFan

Bitch about the fans will ya?  Well Uncle Terry has a "fix" for that!  Maybe without so much testosterone.....

No, seriously, All the best Mike; looking forward to seeing you crunch the bad guys next season when it will really mean something!  :beer:  :thumbsup:

The guys gets slammed here a lot, but I have never had a problem with him. His teammates can always count on him to have their back...ya hear that Jack Eichel? Actually, if we do land McEichel, who will be the Sabres policeman next year? I think it will be more of a community policing job.

The guys gets slammed here a lot, but I have never had a problem with him. His teammates can always count on him to have their back...ya hear that Jack Eichel? Actually, if we do land McEichel, who will be the Sabres policeman next year? I think it will be more of a community policing job.

Deslauries, Bogo, Weber and Kane WI have to do the job. GMTM is pretty old school. It wouldn't surprise me if he signed a pugilist of note.

Agree on both. I'm gonna have to look to see which goons will be available this offseason.

Please please please let it be John Scott.

Although really I think Deslauriers is up to the task and can actually, y'know, play the game.  I think he's the best fighter the Sabres have had for years, and when he's ready to go it seems more often than not the other guy backs down.  People are afraid of those crazy eyes and smile.   :devil:

I've always gotten a kick out of mikes heart and soul effort. Like any good soldier he deserves our respect. Hope you heal up well my friend.

I've always gotten a kick out of mikes heart and soul effort. Like any good soldier he deserves our respect. Hope you heal up well my friend.

Hopefully they are taking small pieces of his heart and injecting them into the rest of the franchise.

I have always liked Weber.

Not the highest skilled, but certainly always gives his all.  What team / fans could ask for anything more.

There is a reason why he has been a Sabre for so long and why he was wearing the "A" this season.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Mike.

Please please please let it be John Scott.

Although really I think Deslauriers is up to the task and can actually, y'know, play the game.  I think he's the best fighter the Sabres have had for years, and when he's ready to go it seems more often than not the other guy backs down.  People are afraid of those crazy eyes and smile.   :devil:

He also had that creepy serial killer haircut earlier in the season. He's definitely crazier looking than say a smashed nose stupid looking gorilla face like Lucic. I think Milan grunts and points rather than speaks real words.

I nominate creepy Mike Weber as the default avatar

Here, Here. I second that notion.

Chz, can you make it so?

I disagree. The default avatar should be reserved for players, preferably sabres, so heinous and hated that no one would ever want to keep it. Mike Weber is mildly creepy in that picture, but the avatar should be reserved for the likes of Timmy, Leino, or Kozlov.

Then why poor Timmy?  I don't think there is much hatred let alone very much animosity by fans toward him. Creepy faced Leino fits the bill.

There was plenty when he was playing in Buffalo. Since then, there was amusement when Toronto paid him, but after an article about his struggles adjusting to post-hockey life a lot of people backed off on the criticism.

EDIT: I don't actually feel he should be the avatar now, he was included because at the time that change was made a lot of folks felt about him similarly to Leino.

Edited by Met'yuPirog

I nominate creepy Mike Weber as the default avatar

BANG.  That's it!

I disagree. The default avatar should be reserved for players, preferably sabres, so heinous and hated that no one would ever want to keep it. Mike Weber is mildly creepy in that picture, but the avatar should be reserved for the likes of Timmy, Leino, or Kozlov.

Just because we used that as motivation for the avatar previously doesn't mean it always has to be the reason for selecting an avatar.

There was plenty when he was playing in Buffalo. Since then, there was amusement when Toronto paid him, but after an article about his struggles adjusting to post-hockey life a lot of people backed off on the criticism.

EDIT: I don't actually feel he should be the avatar now, he was included because at the time that change was made a lot of folks felt about him similarly to Leino.

I started thinking about it, and it's hard for me to remember, because it's been a long time ago.  Even Leino is two years removed, still getting paid, but long gone.

I thought the Polish side of me was able to hold a grudge with the best of them, but I'm easy going I guess. I say we let Timmy get on with his life. 

I started thinking about it, and it's hard for me to remember, because it's been a long time ago.  Even Leino is two years removed, still getting paid, but long gone.

I thought the Polish side of me was able to hold a grudge with the best of them, but I'm easy going I guess. I say we let Timmy get on with his life. 

I agree, I just didn't think Weber was the guy to occupy that hallowed place. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.