Lottery to be made available for public viewing

Eleven

On the "scandal" - he didn't press it twice. You hold the button down on those machines and it pulls a ball up. I wish there was juice to this one, but if you've ever watched the lottery you see multiple balls come up all the time.

On the "scandal" - he didn't press it twice. You hold the button down on those machines and it pulls a ball up. I wish there was juice to this one, but if you've ever watched the lottery you see multiple balls come up all the time.

But they didn't draw 11?

Just out of curiosity, has TB made any public comments about the lottery? (IIRC he was the Sabres' rep in the room.) Would be interested to see if he had any comment about the 11 being a bit premature.

But they didn't draw 11?

When the 1st number (5) came up, it was followed in short order by 11.

Just out of curiosity, has TB made any public comments about the lottery? (IIRC he was the Sabres' rep in the room.) Would be interested to see if he had any comment about the 11 being a bit premature.

When the 1st number (5) came up, it was followed in short order by 11.

OK, but it wasn't removed and called. It was dumped back in? Who decided to do that instead of calling it?

OK, but it wasn't removed and called. It was dumped back in? Who decided to do that instead of calling it?

What exactly do you mean?

Instead of calling it and redoing it or instead of calling 11 out as the third number?

If you mean redoing it -- well there weren't any actual mistakes made. That's part of the machine's function.

If you mean instead of calling 11 as the third number -- for obvious reasons. They pick balls at ten second intervals.

What exactly do you mean?

Instead of calling it and redoing it or instead of calling 11 out as the third number?

If you mean redoing it -- well there weren't any actual mistakes made. That's part of the machine's function.

If you mean instead of calling 11 as the third number -- for obvious reasons. They pick balls at ten second intervals.

I'm just asking why 11 wasn't taken out of the machine and called as the second number. Did it go back into the hopper automatically when the first ball was taken out?

So two balls get drawn up each time, and one goes back into the hopper. Got it.

No. The button is pressed and suction begins. Normally one ball comes up but sometimes more than one will come up. The first one that comes up is taken out and the suction is released allowing the other to fall back in.

No matter what happened last night SOMETHING was going to be taken and made into a conspiracy. I find the lottery extremely entertaining, but they should just get rid of it.

Edited by Hoss

I honestly think AZ is going to win the drawing.  In the past 20 years the last place team has only won the lottery 5 times.  I'm hopeful but being realistic.

So, when the lottery odds were 25% for the last place team (all 20 years until this year, I assume), the last place team won 5 of 20 times? Interesting! :)

It won't always draw two but it can. It's just a suction tube. Yolanda never paid no mind to that second ball.

I think it would depend on the draw, right? If it's the pick-4 or daily number, they used 3-4 machines because numbers could come up more than once (3141, for instance). On this one, the 11 had to go back into the hopper so it wasn't eliminated from the subsequent draws. I guess it would be the same for the big lotto, since numbers could only come up once there too.

Did you watch the video?

They are not even hiding the fact that they screwed it up.

Ted Black looks like, well I'm not exactly sure what.

No, I keep waiting for it to appear on YouTube. So you think there was a screwup? Others here say it's not a malfunction if two balls come up, citing The Vega Precedent.

No, I keep waiting for it to appear on YouTube. So you think there was a screwup? Others here say it's not a malfunction if two balls come up, citing The Vega Precedent.

There is no screw up. Two balls come up all the time (teehee). There is a lock that only holds the first one in place and the other falls back down.

There really is nothing to see here.

There is no screw up. Two balls come up all the time (teehee). There is a lock that only holds the first one in place and the other falls back down.

There really is nothing to see here.

How do some of you know so much about these gizmos? It really is quite maddening and at the same time intriguing.

B... 2... B 2... as in, you're going 2 B picking 2 again.

How do some of you know so much about these gizmos? It really is quite maddening and at the same time intriguing.

B... 2... B 2... as in, you're going 2 B picking 2 again.

I think I spent every evening of my childhood watching Yolanda Vega picking the lotto numbers while mom cooked dinner. 

http://youtu.be/l_y-c1v8g5Q

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.