2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

I don't really think the secondary assist thing is much of a concern with Tkachuk. He actually finished in the top 10 in the OHL in primary points per game (goals and primary assists). And for draft eligible players in the OHL, he was second for primary points per game.

http://www.ohl.prospect-stats.com/ - good reference page there.

For comparison, Tkachuk had 1.158 primary points per game, and Nylander had 0.965 primary points per game.

And low and behold his two linemates are 2nd and 4th on the Memorial Cup Champion London Knights.  Tkachuk is good but he isn't cut and dry better than the guys ranked 4-8th with him. I wouldn't trade up for him. 

A lot of boards/mock have him tumbling.  Which is completely retarded considering he did well at the combine and seems to be a strong interview.  Preference is what it is, but really all it takes is one GM saying, yeah well the media is the media. 

To the bolded, i dont really care that a 6'2" 200lb kid is strong at the combine. Good for him. 

To the second, source? I heard Jost was a good interview and I heard Juolevi was a good interview. 

To your comment it is "retarded", while I won't comment on your use of that word, you say it is dumb but then say all it takes is one GM to pull the trigger and "ignore the media".  Okay, yea and Auston Matthews could go 4th overall if we ignore the "media".  When you have multiple sources and cites having him slide you have to ask why.  I think it is because some don't think Chychrun can process the game at NHL speed so at best he is a 4/5th defender who is physical but never really makes a huge impact.  Do I think that? Idk, hard to say but with so much smoke it makes me raise an eyebrow and I like Chychrun.

Interviews are nice but ej manual was a tremendous interview - how did that work out. I like chychrun too, but like Serg the best of dmen. I still would skip the dmen, get them via trade, UFA or 2nd/3rd round and take the player with the most talent/upside/wow factor: Clayton Keller

Grow up.

Agreed. Not a really cerebral thing to say.

Interviews are nice but ej manual was a tremendous interview - how did that work out. I like chychrun too, but like Serg the best of dmen. I still would skip the dmen, get them via trade, UFA or 2nd/3rd round and take the player with the most talent/upside/wow factor: Clayton Keller

I've also heard Gregg Williams did a pretty damn fine interview too.

And low and behold his two linemates are 2nd and 4th on the Memorial Cup Champion London Knights.  Tkachuk is good but he isn't cut and dry better than the guys ranked 4-8th with him. I wouldn't trade up for him. 

To the bolded, i dont really care that a 6'2" 200lb kid is strong at the combine. Good for him. 

To the second, source? I heard Jost was a good interview and I heard Juolevi was a good interview. 

To your comment it is "retarded", while I won't comment on your use of that word, you say it is dumb but then say all it takes is one GM to pull the trigger and "ignore the media".  Okay, yea and Auston Matthews could go 4th overall if we ignore the "media".  When you have multiple sources and cites having him slide you have to ask why.  I think it is because some don't think Chychrun can process the game at NHL speed so at best he is a 4/5th defender who is physical but never really makes a huge impact.  Do I think that? Idk, hard to say but with so much smoke it makes me raise an eyebrow and I like Chychrun.

It's been well established that he plays with good players. But it goes both ways, he contributes to their success as well.

Now, whether it's worth it to trade up, for me, depends on a few things. The only forward I believe is on his level, that may be at 8, would by Nylander. I don't think Keller is. So if Murray doesn't think Nylander is there at 8, and I personally don't think he will be, I would want to trade up.

He's worth trading up for if Murray has him ranked as the best player in his range. We just don't know which way Murray is leaning.

I'm offended that your offended,that he is offended, and they are offended

I laughed :D

We'll disagree there as I think Keller is absolutely a better prospect than Nylander. I do like nylander too, except for his timidness. I hope he is gone by #8 so gmtm isn't tempted

Keller is going to be the steal of this draft

- courtesy of a drunk WildCard

Idk man, can we have 2 Rasmuses on the same team... Rasmi?  Yes, can we have 2 Rasmi on the same team? 

It would be in the right circumstance, again he could go at the tail end of the first round, or could fall into the top of the third.  It's wide opened.  I wouldn't be too aggressive.  But I like him, as I like a few others in that range.  You got me hooked into the idea of Dineen in the 2nd.  

I like Asplund. He's a smart, good skater 2 way player. I think he goes mid 2nd but after Dineen. If he is there at 69, I'd take him.

Exactly.  Just like I really love McAvoy, if we had the dearth of LHD, I'd so take him at 8.  He's smart, reads the play well and has hockey IQ. 

I'm not going to be shocked if we take McAvoy.

He's not that far outside the consensus top 10, fills a need and seems like a Murray type.

He fits all the boxes for a Murray type of pick.  He came across as very humble and motivated.  I really do like quite a few of the D in the class, Bean has a lot of attributes that would be great for the Sabres.  It's going to be an interesting draft for sure. 

The statistical steals of this draft

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-prospects/draft-day-analytics-using-statistics-find-underrated-prospects/

The side article of whoa computer algorithm beat 19/30 NHL teams in drafting is pretty good too. The main point is this: don't become infatuated or dissuaded by size 

The statistical steals of this draft

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-prospects/draft-day-analytics-using-statistics-find-underrated-prospects/

The side article of whoa computer algorithm beat 19/30 NHL teams in drafting is pretty good too. The main point is this: don't become infatuated or dissuaded by size

It's exactly what Rakish is doing and what I've been discussing for 3 years now.

Aho will be an interesting guy in the third round tier. All about taking a shot on Finnish players :D!

I wouldn't draft Aho before the 5th. He's an overager, just okay production, doesn't bold as well regardless of size.

He fits all the boxes for a Murray type of pick.  He came across as very humble and motivated.  I really do like quite a few of the D in the class, Bean has a lot of attributes that would be great for the Sabres.  It's going to be an interesting draft for sure. 

McAvoy is a special kid. He had a Blue Autism Wrist Band at the combine, when asked about it he said BU does a lot with Autism Speaks Organization in Boston and that he personally plays ball hockey with kids from the program at least once a month. 

McAvoy is a special kid. He had a Blue Autism Wrist Band at the combine, when asked about it he said BU does a lot with Autism Speaks Organization in Boston and that he personally plays ball hockey with kids from the program at least once a month. 

That's awesome!  My brother in law has it, I am very supportive of it too!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.