Open Letter to Buffalo Sabres Players

dejeanneret

I found it enlightening. It says that dark really doesn't care what the team does ("It's just entertainment.") Win, lose as long as it's a good value for the show. He's not in it for the passion of the crest.

I'm absolutely in it for "the passion of the crest". Maybe a little too much. But I hope it never sours me. That's when passion becomes anger. There's a lot of sour fans out there who have stepped beyond the crest.

Great, now they are gonna win out.

Here is what I have feared for a long time that would impose the most pain and suffering to Buffalo fans: (1) Sabres win some games at the end thanks to a spurt of goals from Cody Hodgson and Arizona finishes last (2) Toronto wins the draft lottery and drafts McDavid (3) Arizona drafts Eichel or in a panic move GM Murray trades up with AZ to get Eichel in exchange for Girgensons, Zadorov and three 1st round picks.

BTW, I hope all Sabres fans who rooted against the tank all go to Cleveland and are never heard from again!

What I expect is maximum pain. Ted Nolan knows he's going to get fired so this is his goodbye salute to the Sabres organization with a big FU! 

P.S. How can fans say they trust Tim Murray yet argue against the tank? Murray is the author of the tank. If you are supporting Murray, then logically you have to be for the tank. 

Here is what I have feared for a long time that would impose the most pain and suffering to Buffalo fans: (1) Sabres win some games at the end thanks to a spurt of goals from Cody Hodgson and Arizona finishes last (2) Toronto wins the draft lottery and drafts McDavid (3) Arizona drafts Eichel or in a panic move GM Murray trades up with AZ to get Eichel in exchange for Girgensons, Zadorov and three 1st round picks.

BTW, I hope all Sabres fans who rooted against the tank all go to Cleveland and are never heard from again!

What I expect is maximum pain. Ted Nolan knows he's going to get fired so this is his goodbye salute to the Sabres organization with a big FU!

P.S. How can fans say they trust Tim Murray yet argue against the tank? Murray is the author of the tank. If you are supporting Murray, then logically you have to be for the tank.

Murray isn't the author of the tank. He's carrying out the only logical fix to what Darcy started.

I predicted that exact scenario a few weeks ago.  The Toronto slide is putting them in position to win the lottery

I think what is pissing people off is this post game celebration crap which comes across as "hey F U Buffalo". I also think that you would have to be blind to not notice they have come together since the cheering at the Zona game which shows me that they DID kick it into an extra gear. I guess time will tell as we see them face off against Chicago and others. If it continues, I say a big FU to every single one of them. Until then, hopefully they suck as much as we all think they do.

I think what is pissing people off is this post game celebration crap which comes across as "hey F U Buffalo". I also think that you would have to be blind to not notice they have come together since the cheering at the Zona game which shows me that they DID kick it into an extra gear. I guess time will tell as we see them face off against Chicago and others. If it continues, I say a big FU to every single one of them. Until then, hopefully they suck as much as we all think they do.

The lesson learned here is to cheer for the opposition AT THE BEGINNING of the season.... get the players all fired up so they get themselves into a playoff position right out of the gate.  

i love the idea of trading tank killers to arizona or toronto or whatever teams draft 4th or fifth.. hilarious

The lesson learned here is to cheer for the opposition AT THE BEGINNING of the season.... get the players all fired up so they get themselves into a playoff position right out of the gate.  

another excellent point... are the players really partying and having a stick it to buffalo fans ecxtasy after their awful play over the past two years...?

now that's a plan, not one I would support, but it has merit and logic, make every game like  a away game, yes sir that's the ticket

too bad this plan wasn't suggested at the beginning of the year, oh well there is always next year

first off who is "we" I don't , in the mean time you can continue to stomp your feet, bang your chair, just don't put me in the "we"

thank you, thank you very much

I'm still not sure if you're serious or trolling.

check my  past posts, I root for the Sabres to win, all ways have all ways will, supporting a team is  just that support, win or lose. a band wagon jumper on or  off has never been in my DNA

Edited by rumblefish

When Weber said, "we don't want to be here," I did not at all take that as they don't want to be in Buffalo. They don't want to be in last place, and going through what they've gone through the past 2 years...very different idea. Then again, I don't want Mike Weber, Patrick Kaleta, Matt Ellis and a whole lot of them here either.

I DO want one of those top-2 picks...because if we don't get one, I am going to have a hard time feeling optimistic and accepting Noah Hanifin.

I am almost at the point where if we miss out on a top-2 pick, I would rather have the extra 1st, Myers, Armia and Lemieux here...I think.

On the flipside, if they do miss out on a top-2 pick...I am also debating whether or not I even want it, and would rather trade it for an established player.

Yes, I am extremely upset and confused right now. Lol. This is getting more difficult, not easier...like I thought it would be going into the last 2 weeks of the season.

who the hell cares about those players

I just want a championship in Buffalo and that odds go up considerably with a generational player.

the fact that these players played like crap all year then take offense when we are excited about the top 2 picks and start playing well when it means nothing is a KICK IN THE NUTS

Screw these jerkoffs .. where was the inspired play when I spent $1000 and traveled with my family to Vancouver to watch them play..

So yeah I demand they finish the job they have done all year.

My point exactly.  Where was this all year? Why wait until now? 

I wasn't thinking of McDavid in October.  I wasn't thinking Eichel in mid December when we were 13-16 after a 10-3 stretch.

But after a 7-37 collapse, I am now (their record before their last two wins). 

The fans invested our hearts and our wallets into this crappy product they put on the ice all year and there was a no refund policy last time I checked..

But all of a sudden when they realize they only have to play hard for 8 games instead of 82 they decide to finally do the job they get overpaid to do?  

That's the root of my angst. 

Edited by dejeanneret

My point exactly.  Where was this all year? Why wait until now? 

I wasn't thinking of McDavid in October.  I wasn't thinking Eichel in mid December when we were 13-16 after a 10-3 stretch.

But after a 7-37 collapse, I am now (their record before their last two wins). 

The fans invested our hearts and our wallets into this crappy product they put on the ice all year and there was a no refund policy last time I checked..

But all of a sudden when they realize they only have to play hard for 8 games instead of 82 they decide to finally do the job they get overpaid to do?  

That's the root of my angst. 

They've mostly been playing hard.  They've not given sixty minutes every game, but no team does.  They have been playing hard, but they aren't very good.  So they beat a couple of teams--one of which is just as bad, and the other of which does not play hard.

These guys are making the Golisano era look like the Bills Super Bowl years.

From 2005-11 the Sabres averaged 100 points a season.  They've tallied 104 points total over the last two campaigns with a handful of games left.

The loss of Briere and Drury looks like a blip on the map compared to this crap.  Pitiful.

Great, now they are gonna win out.

Would you honestly expect anything less.  We have a chance at getting a great player with either the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and they are going to make sure they don't.  

There are players on the team who's jobs depend on it not happening.

Dear Sabres,

Thank you for winning recent games.  Mitch Marner is my favorite player ever.  He is best player ever and a big cutie.  If you don't win out the rest of your games, I am certain that our stupid rookie GM will make mistake of picking McDavid or Eichel instead of Marner.  I will hate you, and boo you, and never forgive you if you lose.  You will like Mitch.  He is a good boy, still growing.  Marner is an good name, and 93 is very good number.  

-Sincerely, Anna

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.