GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo; 7:30m pm EST

WildCard

This team sucks now and will suck again next year. This is a big FU to season ticket holders. Now that we probably are not getting top 2, I have thought about opting out for the first time.

Will this team ever be a Cup contender?   Without either McDavid or Eichel?   Those two are very likely the Kane and Toews of this decade.   IF we don't get one of them, can we hope to match Chicago's turn around that began in 2007-08?  

Arizona has now closed to within 2 points of Buffalo.   it seems that Darcy Regier knows more about tanking than novice GMTM.    

Edited by Jsixspd

So, by mistake, I turned on my vehicle tonight and discovered I left the radio on.  Before turning it off, I heard Kozial read a tweet (paraphrased) "The Sabres are winning because they finally have a common enemy to rally against; the fans..."

At that point, I figured turning off the radio, or NOT coming here, before watching the replay, was foolish because it was obvious the Sabres won.

Edited by SiZzlEmIsTEr

Picking top 3 two years in a row is tanking successfully no matter how you try and spin it.

I don't think it is Claude, and this is why. This team is going to go down as the most hated team ever in Bluffalo sports. As I said on TBD, it's not cause they don't finish 30, it's because they appear to have gotten motivated at the thought of screwing the Buffalo fan base.

I said there and I will say here...there are some bridges getting burned that will will never see the bridge repaired....and some good players are going to have to leave cause they decided 29th is a badge of glory and a giant FU TO the fans who have packed that palace for two years .....while they could not find professional pride until their fans booed them....

Not successful in my mind....and going to take a Cup win or McEichel flameout to be forgotten

Arizona has now closed to within 2 points of Buffalo.   it seems that Darcy Regier knows more about tanking than novice GMTM.    

In the last 7 games, the Coyotes gained one point on the Sabres (basically, the difference between the late goal to force OT here and the EN goals to prevent it there); in the last 15 games, they've gained two points on them.  Unfortunately, in the last 2 games, they gained 4.  However, to this point, the Sabres have still tanked better.  We'll see how it works out over the last 5.

I don't think it is Claude, and this is why. This team is going to go down as the most hated team ever in Bluffalo sports. As I said on TBD, it's not cause they don't finish 30, it's because they appear to have gotten motivated at the thought of screwing the Buffalo fan base.

I said there and I will say here...there are some bridges getting burned that will will never see the bridge repaired....and some good players are going to have to leave cause they decided 29th is a badge of glory and a giant FU TO the fans who have packed that palace for two years .....while they could not find professional pride until their fans booed them....

Not successful in my mind....and going to take a Cup win or McEichel flameout to be forgotten

Regardless of how the next 5 games go, I want as much roster turnover as possible from this year to next year.  

Regardless of how the next 5 games go, I want as much roster turnover as possible from this year to next year.  

Everyone but Moulson, Ennis, Risto, Zadorov, Georges, Deslauriers, Zemgus, Bogosian and Kane can all leave. 

Edited by WildComrade

Tells me all I need to know about the "character" in that room. This group of losers doesn't deserve the good fans of this city. 

Yep, getting fugly now. The Oakland loss this year took me 2 hours to get over....this is just a slow painful bandaid pull that will last for 15 years. but the players in 15 years will be able to hold their head up high and say " I was on the 29th place team in 2015...we kicked ass and got more points than one other team to screw Our fans and owner". Course, no mention of the fact they mailed in efforts for 73 previous games

Tells me all I need to know about the "character" in that room. This group of losers doesn't deserve the good fans of this city.

As the youngins say...100 Edited by plenzmd1

This team sucks now and will suck again next year. This is a big FU to season ticket holders. Now that we probably are not getting top 2, I have thought about opting out for the first time.

Does this just say it all. I'm sure the Sabres won't have any problems replacing you.

Does this just say it all. I'm sure the Sabres won't have any problems replacing you.

Hmm, I wonder which one "says it all"...yours or Callaway's.

Good Fans of this City understand what is going on and understand where these players are coming from.

My favorite play of the season happened last night. Early third, a Leaf takes a swipe at Lindbeck and next thing you know all five Sabres have three leafs pinned against the boards. It was a great overhead shot which I wish I had as my desk top wallpaper. it was a great reminder of why you don't root against your own team.

F' "The Tank", the idiot radio ass-clowns that promote it, the moronic fans that fell for it and F' McEichel. The Sabres are building something special in which we will all be enjoying the benefits of shortly. It doesn't matter if they draft 1st, 5th or 10th. I have faith in Tim Murray and this organization. nothing over the remaining games is going to change that.

Good Fans of this City understand what is going on and understand where these players are coming from.

My favorite play of the season happened last night. Early third, a Leaf takes a swipe at Lindbeck and next thing you know all five Sabres have three leafs pinned against the boards. It was a great overhead shot which I wish I had as my desk top wallpaper. it was a great reminder of why you don't root against your own team.

F' "The Tank", the idiot radio ass-clowns that promote it, the moronic fans that fell for it and F' McEichel. The Sabres are building something special in which we will all be enjoying the benefits of shortly. It doesn't matter if they draft 1st, 5th or 10th. I have faith in Tim Murray and this organization. nothing over the remaining games is going to change that.

I disagree.

Building something special? Is it "special" when Meszaros says that he didn't have to change his game, it was just time for him to "work harder." After 72 games, he decided to "work harder?" That is a far bigger phuck you to the great fans of this city than ANYTHING the fans said to the players by cheering when the opposing team scored. 

Hootin' and hollerin' like they just won game 7 of the Cup finals after beating Arizona? You find that "special?" Really? They find their pride after 75 games and all of a sudden we are witnessing the makings of something "special" for the future? I doubt the Sabres will win another game this year with this bunch.

Phuck McDeichel? LOL! When we land one of them, I'm sure you'll never watch another game. You know, because they just aren't worth it now that Mess and the boys have found their special groove. Yes, Mess, Strachan, Dalpe, and Ellis will lead us to the promised land. There is just no room for McDeichel with them around. 

GO SABRES!!!

F' "The Tank", the idiot radio ass-clowns that promote it, the moronic fans that fell for it and F' McEichel. .

I get you have a different opinion on this , and I can respect that.

But why do you and your ilk( Buffalo News Writers) insist, yes insist, that anyone who disagrees with you , is in your words"morons" or in the Gleasons words "losers" .....and you assume the only way us lemmings could form an opinion is when they are fed to us by "idiots" on the radio.

it absolutely galls me these guys are suddenly playing harder and better because they are pissed at the fans. Many people like you somehow find that trait endearing and think that somehow shows strong character...Hmmm , professional players not playing their absolute hardest game in and game out.....yep...I agree, that is character revealing. Like K-9 pointed out, they have admitted they are working harder. Do you honestly believe that is laying the foundation for a successful future.. McEichel or no?

This team for years was questioned about the core character ,now we have players openly admitting they are playing harder cause their feelings were hurt in game 74,not when they were losing 14 in a row, getting out worked and out classed on a nightly basis....and you find that to be character to build on?

So Mr.Genius, please tell us how to root next year. Do we boo the players and root for the other team to get them to play harder, or do we root for them and then they don't playbas hard cause they are not pissed?...

And you call us morons. Okay

Edited by plenzmd1

Gonna say that again for the next five years while this team continues to be basement dwellers?

There's no way I believe that one player is the difference between being basement dwellers and Stanley Cup Champions. I'd love for the Sabres to have a McEichel (I'm not for tanking) but if if they don't land one of the top two, there's is still a lot of young talent in the system plus at least a top 3 this year, to make this a good team in the near future.

Maybe it's some strange belief, karma or whatever, but I have a feeling they have a better chance at winning the lottery (McDavid) by not finishing 30th. I'm not saying I want them to finish 29th, but I'm not gonna pout and damn the team if they do.

Do you happen to know who was on the ice?  I remember the play, but not exactly who was there.  It wasn't Girgensons or Ristolainen, because they are out.  I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Moulson or Ennis.  It may have been Bogosian, but I'm not sure.  My point: will any of those players be in a Sabres' uniform next year?  In two or three years, when we could be a real contender? 

Also, when was the last time that you actually saw something build in April that carried over to October?

I can appreciate them playing as a team, but with the exception of Moulson, will anyone who has scored in the last two games part of the long-term plans?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.