2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

If I have to watch Mike ###### Weber play, and Gionta get top line minutes at my first game in over a year, I'm going to lose my ######

Coach Bylsma says Colaicovo is still day-to-day.

I'm sorry to hear that. 

And then Jack gets to watch the Sedins play with the puck for 20 minutes.

Since you ignored it when Qwk said it originally, it bears repeating: we have last change. There is no reason to think Eichel will be against the Sedins all night unless Bylsma naps during the game.

I'm sorry to hear that. 

Since you ignored it when Qwk said it originally, it bears repeating: we have last change. There is no reason to think Eichel will be against the Sedins all night unless Bylsma naps during the game.

I'm saying Bylsma will intentionally put the ROR line against the Sedins because he wants to win. That's why he's not putting Jack on that line. It's all because you made them bring ROR in.

I'm saying Bylsma will intentionally put the ROR line against the Sedins because he wants to win. That's why he's not putting Jack on that line. It's all because you made them bring ROR in.

Then put Reinhart on that line or Zemgus, and throw Eichel on with Ennis and Moulson

I hate what has been going on with these lines, since the beginning of the season. It's actually pretty easy to put together four lines.

Moulson/O'Reilly/Reinhart

Gus/Eichel/Ennis

Mcginn/Larsson/Gionta

Nick/Legwand/Foligno

That's how you do it.

I like it, I like it a lot. My burning hatred for Gionta has me switching him with Foligno though

If I have to watch Mike ###### Weber play, and Gionta get top line minutes at my first game in over a year, I'm going to lose my ######

Coach Bylsma says Colaicovo is still day-to-day.

Here Here.  I love the system's Bylsma seems to be implementing but hate the line combos and minutes given to certain guys.  Weber's two penalties were dumb last night but the real thing that bothered me is what is Weber doing on the ice with less than 10 minutes (less than 5 on 2nd penalty) to go in the game?!?!

Matching O'Reilly up against the Sedins and giving Jack competent wingers are not mutually exclusive options.

Yep.

Unless DB sees this as a way of messing up the Nucks' 2nd & 3rd lines there isn't much to be gained w/ these lines other than reinforcing 'd*mn it Eich, you've gotta start shooting the puck.'

I hate what has been going on with these lines, since the beginning of the season. It's actually pretty easy to put together four lines.

Moulson/O'Reilly/Reinhart

Gus/Eichel/Ennis

Mcginn/Larsson/Gionta

Nick/Legwand/Foligno

That's how you do it.

I'm not sure it matters all that much but if I was to change anything, I would flip Nick and McGinn because I think Foligno and McGinn are better in front of the net so when Legwand goes on another breakaway, maybe Foligno or McGinn can set a screen on their GK and freaking Legwand can possibly score a goal this time. Rant over, back to work.

I'm not sure it matters all that much but if I was to change anything, I would flip Nick and McGinn because I think Foligno and McGinn are better in front of the net so when Legwand goes on another breakaway, maybe Foligno or McGinn can set a screen on their GK and freaking Legwand can possibly score a goal this time. Rant over, back to work.

Against what team, other than possibly C-bus or the Loafs, are you going to be able to set a screen on a breakaway? :lol:

The constant line juggling is frustrating and seems counter productive.  HD is not giving any of the lines a chance to gel.  Will there ever be a point where HD says "Ok, let's keep this line together and roll with it from here on" or is he going to juggle all season seemingly just for the sake of juggling?  I'd have to think the players would be frustrated with it as well.

On Larsson and Eichel:

"When Larsson got a chance to play there, 4 games ago, he's played his best hockey. More tenacious, more with an edge, skating ability on par with Jack" 

On Reinhart's net front presence:

"We didn't plan on having him there, he's proven he's the best at screening the goalie"

On our Defense-men supporting the offense:

"Well I know where our numbers are at. I think the shot totals for them and giving the puck to the forwards from the point, putting the puck down low, is significantly improved from last year. I think we need to do a much better job at getting shots through, delivering the puck, in the o-zone in particular. D need to be more active in supporting the rush (passing the puck up and falling off is bad). McCabe and Risto still learning to do this."

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573&id=866778&cmpid=sm-tw-video

Hold the phone, it looks like Ennis is the one with the demotion. So, Pysk finally gets the recognition we've all though he deserves, Risto gets bumped down, and Ullmark appears to be the starter. Though, they had Johnson in that position as well for the three practices leading up to Thrusday's game and we all saw how that went 

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=786719&navid=DL|BUF|home

FRIDAY’S PRACTICE

26 Matt Moulson – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 12 Brian Gionta

22 Johan Larsson – 15 Jack Eichel – 88 Jamie McGinn

63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 23 Sam Reinhart

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defensemen:

Josh Gorges, 3 Mark Pysyk,

29 Jake McCabe, 55 Rasmus Ristolainen,

Mike Weber, 46 Cody Franson

35 Linus Ullmark
31 Chad Johnson

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.