GDT: Buffalo at Dallas 3-23-15 8:00 PM

Brawndo

Your sense of humor is back ! The snow must be melting?

Not today ... everything is frozen solid, but that means our roof can't leak when there is no water flowing.

Should be warmer later in the week with some showers to help with a slow melt .. I hope.

Friends helped us dig trenches around our house on the weekend and our roofer says our roof will hold.  I hope he is right.

Greatest news a sabres fan could get, hope it lasts through Friday!

Since his work organization controls his food, I wonder if he were poisoned?

Would you be cool with that?  The ends justify the means, right?

It's for the best that we poison them, yes?

I mean, are you on board with the tank, or not, newb?

You'd poison someone, wouldn't you?  if it meant getting McDavid?

My bad, Eichel or McDavid.

You'd poison someone, wouldn't you?  if it meant getting McDavid?

My bad, Eichel or McDavid.

Anna, why does every. single. post. have to be arguing against some metaphorical super-tank-beast-machine?  I used to love your posts when you were a man, now I barely read them.

Anna, why does every. single. post. have to be arguing against some metaphorical super-tank-beast-machine?  I used to love your posts when you were a man, now I barely read them.

Mr. Putin does not hesitate to eliminate enemies to gain power through means of assassination.  Mr Pegula does not hesitate to poison waters to gain money through means of fracking.  Why shouldn't this organization poison its players for long-term gain?  Perhaps this tank is to you a unicorn and rainbows proposition, but to some, it is their livelihood, representing millions of dollars.

And I was never a man.  

You'd poison someone, wouldn't you?  if it meant getting McDavid?My bad, Eichel or McDavid.

Ok, maybe the best news this sabres fan could ever get. Ennis is holding this whole team up and IMO the one player who could completely derail the tank. Sorry but I am definitely pro-tank, do whatever it takes. So yeah to me it's as cool as the other side of the pillow. TANK ON!!!

So what should I stand for?

I think that in America, Land of Freedom, you give your best effort every day.  In Russia, you pick your battles. 

It seems to me that nihilism is in fashion here in America, and irony, and sarcasm, and self-gratification, and underachieving, and the green buddha but I reject these things.

I want good old fashioned victory.  Yuri was for indifference under Stalin, and survived as a poor drunk.  I am irrepressibly free!  Go Sabres!

If Ted Nolan wins this game, it proves he is the better coach than Lindy.  

The world needs its dramatic plot-lines.

Ok, maybe the best news this sabres fan could ever get. Ennis is holding this whole team up and IMO the one player who could completely derail the tank. Sorry but I am definitely pro-tank, do whatever it takes. So yeah to me it's as cool as the other side of the pillow. TANK ON!!!

I hear what you are saying.  It is very trendy to be for the tank.  Very trendy indeed.  

"Go losing!," you are saying, and you fit right in, which is most important.

Good for you.  You fit right in.

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

Anna, let's sit and share some absinthe one day and see what words we can put together, perhaps translate this conversation to paper and create a book that will make the manifesto look like a Dr suess book.

Dark days my friends, however on the zenith there is a small shimmer of photons emitting light, is it the end of the tunnel or is it the light of a giant freight train....time will tell, time will tell

So what should I stand for?

I think that in America, Land of Freedom, you give your best effort every day.  In Russia, you pick your battles. 

It seems to me that nihilism is in fashion here in America, and irony, and sarcasm, and self-gratification, and underachieving, and the green buddha but I reject these things.

I want good old fashioned victory.  Yuri was for indifference under Stalin, and survived as a poor drunk.  I am irrepressibly free!  Go Sabres!

If Ted Nolan wins this game, it proves he is the better coach than Lindy.  

The world needs its dramatic plot-lines.

I hear what you are saying.  It is very trendy to be for the tank.  Very trendy indeed.  

"Go losing!," you are saying, and you fit right in, which is most important.

Good for you.  You fit right in.

Conformist and trendy are two things I've never been called lol.. but in this case I don't mind. Sorry but I was sick of the old core and was ready for a change. IMO the tank gives us a chance to be great for many years to come. Will it? Who knows, but I'm all for it.

I thought Brawndo was Garth from Hockey Buzz, so.. now I am re-evaluating everything.

:lol:

Whatever happened to 26 btw?

We chased him off for being too conformist.  He's over at HFBoards now, which figures.

PS. you're alright new poster.  You're your own woman, and I like that.  Tee hee.  I like that a lot.

once more into the breach, dear friends, once more; or close the wall up with our English dead!

in peace there's noting that becomes a man

as modest stillness and humility:

but when the blast of war blows in  our ears,

then imitate the actions of  the tiger".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.