GDT: New Jersey at Buffalo. 3/20/2015 7:00 MSG

Doohickie

Damn another loss. Thought Lindback was OK. Larsson and Ristolainen both are looking better and better every game. Weber is not an NHL defenseman. Needed more from Foligno and Grigorenko.

I guess they picked the right week to give up cocaine.

airplane_sniffing_glue_21301577115.jpg

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

I just got back a few hours ago from a week long conference in Jersey. I've been to Jersey many times and I can honestly say it's my least favorite place ever.

You should check out Arkansas sometime.  You wouldn't think a southern state could have worse roads than Jersey...

No you're right,

RobRayNoBackgroundcrop2.gif

Risto is quietly becoming very very good.  Oddly with how crappy our defense has been, it has forced him to play major minutes and honestly has sped up his development IMPO.  The more you give the kid, the more he shows. I look forward to Rasmus and his hair for the next 15 years.

Agree. Interesting how the players who've grown the most on the team this year are the Eurotrash (Risto, Girgs, Larsson).

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

I don't know about you, but I'm seriously thinking about shutting the door on this place for a few months. There are a handful of people that really ruin it.

I've taken a (short) break the last few years after the regular season ended to unplug, so I'm trying to hold out until then and take whatever positives I can from the remaining games. I'll probably stick to OT threads from then until after the draft to preserve my sanity.

I second this notion

Not trolling you, I swear, but...

It's actually motion when used in this context. I realized this about a year ago after someone corrected me. Had been using it wrong for years!  :lol:

Edit: It's more the turn of phrase you used. Technically the way you used it is still grammatically correct, of course.

Edited by Thorny

Risto is a testament to how a young player should be allowed to develop. He got a taste of the NHL, was given vet leadership and goals to accomplish in the AHL, brought back near the season's end to get a status gauge. Then see if over the summer he embraces the NHL lifestyle or not, and in his case he certainly did. I just wish Zadorov would pick up some pointers from what Risto has learned over the past 2 years. Zadorov needs to be convinced that 40 games in the AHL next year paired with a vet D-man would be beneficial to him far more than the KHL. Poor Grigo may have been ****ed up thanks to Regier and Nolan

Meh, I really think any analysis of young players has to be seriously tempered by context. These are exhibition games, from Buffalo's point of view, and from the opponent's. Backup goalies, or backups to backups, almost every night. How much game planning do you think the Rangers put into that recent game? I think this is why robviously and others warn us not to put too much emphasis on how you finish a cruddy season, thinking it's going to carry over. It just doesn't. Great promise for Risto. I just don't know how seriously to take his performances in this 50% version of the NHL.

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

Seriously, if people can't handle some tank or anti tank talk on a message board, good luck in the real world.

I'm honestly not sure if this is directed at me or not, but if so, it's not that I "can't handle it"... it's that I've got topic fatigue on the whole thing.  It's been hashed and re-hashed ad nauseum all season.  I'm not asking you to explain your stance every game because I understand it (even if I don't agree with it), and I don't see the point in you asking me to explain mine (even if it's out of genuine curiosity) because there's almost certainly no answer that would be satisfying to you.  So for the next three weeks, all I want is for you to be able to continue rooting against them and me for without either of us having to explain ourselves.  That's all.

If you feel it's in their best interests to help get what we all really want, then indeed you are. However, some people just can't get to that place with their fandom and I respect that too.

Thank you.

Meh, I really think any analysis of young players has to be seriously tempered by context. These are exhibition games, from Buffalo's point of view, and from the opponent's. Backup goalies, or backups to backups, almost every night. How much game planning do you think the Rangers put into that recent game? I think this is why robviously and others warn us not to put too much emphasis on how you finish a cruddy season, thinking it's going to carry over. It just doesn't. Great promise for Risto. I just don't know how seriously to take his performances in this 50% version of the NHL.

If we can't get excited about our youngins, though, then we are truly all lost.  Do you want this place to melt down even hotter?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.