Lindback - good enough to start next season?

Doohickie

It seems that with the tutelage of Irbe and getting regular playing time, Anders Lindback is holding the Sabres in a lot of games since he's come over.  Does GMTM consider just keeping him on?

If Irbe could get Lindback to track the puck better when it's deep in the zone, he might be pretty okay.

I will say that Irbe seems to be squeezing a lot of water from those rocks.

He's playing pretty well. Irbe must be doing a terrific job with these guys, and he has the size GMTM likes.

I wonder, though, if a lot of these goalies just need all those consecutive starts to get into a rhythm and show what they can do. I know Lindback was given a starter's shot in Tampa, but like Enroth and Neuvirth , it wasn't until the team had to ride them that they really started playing well. Could Lindback be as successful in a backup role? Would we make him the starter next season? We already have Chad Johnson signed through next year.

So what about this question:  Is there something about the Sabres - either Irbe or maybe their style of play - that inflates the goalie's save percentage?

Fun fact:   The Sabres don't have a goalie on their roster that's given them a win.   :rolleyes:

If Irbe could get Lindback to track the puck better when it's deep in the zone, he might be pretty okay.

I will say that Irbe seems to be squeezing a lot of water from those rocks.

I agree with the tracking the puck thing, it's what I have noticed most.  He really needs a major skill lesson in this.

Lindback is a good sized young man, and very big for a goalie. I want Lucic to run him and knock his mask off. If Lindback gets up and goes after Lucic and starts a fight, then the Sabres should keep him for sure. Irbe can teach him the rest of being a goalie, but giving a player some fire in the belly can't be coached.

One thing I noticed is that he doesn't hold his blocker well. Sometimes it's on more of a slant instead of being perpendicular facing the shooter. He needs to stick that right elbow out and bring it around.

Iam going to have to watch for this next game.

I'd re-sign Lindback to some 2 year extension type deal. It gives the kids at least another year of time in the minors plus allows you to see what you have in Lindback. Also for 2 years you could pay him a little extra.

Lindback has had plenty of time to show what he is and it isn't good. It's like Artus Irbe has us under some type of spell. Lindback is bad. Giving him a two-year deal is laughable. A one-year deal is at least understandable but there's no reason to dive in for two years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.