Wanted: One Russian Mentor

IvanPutski

Ivan wants GMTM to go out and find us a hard working veteran Russian hockey player for next year to come in and mentor 25 and 51.  These young kids need to have someone to lean on to help them learn how to be a great pro!

That's easy, Ivan Koloff. Look at the job he did with Nikita Koloff and Krusher Kruschev.

Maybe this is where Anna went.

I mean to be a Russian mentor.  I really do.  But all of my senses revolt at the sight of #Blueprint.

I dull my senses to be here.  I doesn't take one, nor two, nor three.

I must be four drinks in, before I can be positive in any way about this team.

We all know that there are consequences for such heavy drinking.  

One doesn't want to end up on South Park Ave, seeing Billy Buffalo, asking for selfie with mascot, only to find out he is admitting psychologist at local psychological ward.

I am not role-model.

Why would you want to be sad?

• 4 weeks later...

How about Malkin???  I do not know his contract status nor do I know anything about Pittsburgh's salary cap but I do know that they do not have a 1st round draft pick this year.  Is our late 1st plus a couple prospects  enough to for the Penguins?

You'd be talking at least two high-level prospects. Girgs, Reinhart, Risto, etc. I'm not sure it's worth it because a lot would be going out. Sounds strange, but I wonder if Grigs could be that mentor.

I wouldn't trade for Malkin for a myriad of reasons

A) We don't need him

B) The cost would likely be what Matt stated above; way too high and costing our foundation of centers we just tanked two seasons for

C) I don't think he's that good. Besides being a little slower of foot, he's injured constantly. I'd rather take the chance on Reinhart having a better career than Malkin straight-up

D) Getting Malkin combined with his cost would jump over a ton of necessary steps in a rebuild, and we just don't have the talent to be trying to add vets for the basis of Cup contention right now. 

Edited by WildCard

Ivan wants GMTM to go out and find us a hard working veteran Russian hockey player for next year to come in and mentor 25 and 51.  These young kids need to have someone to lean on to help them learn how to be a great pro!

I can't be the only one who sees no possible way that Grigorenko returns with the Sabres next season, right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.