SabreSpace responds to trade deadline deals

Doohickie

I think we did well to get what we got. These are all rental players and we have no reason to rent them! Everybody knows the situation we were in so the value was going to be limited.

A second and third are good picks and a serviceable goalie. How do you think we got the best farm system? By stockpiling picks. Hopefully in a couple years we will be trading those picks/players for pieces to complete a really strong team for the first time in a decade or longer. I don't like all these teams complaining about us tanking. We didn't create the stupid draft rule that automatically gives the worst team the first or second pick in a year when there are two highly rated players. We aren't losing on purpose - we are just getting anything we can get for players that won't be here next year.

As an aside, how many "own" goals do you think we'll see in the 2 games versus Arizona? Has anyone ever pulled their goalie when leading?

Remember, you can get rid of your OT point by pulling the goalie and giving up an empty netter. Might see both teams come out for OT goalieless and then try to score on themselves. ;)

Not sure if teams have pulled the goalie when up, but back in 1970 Moe-ray-all got killed in their season ending game because they were losing that game which put them into a tie for the last playoff spot w/ the Rags. IF they could have scored IIRC 4 goals in that game, they'd still have the tiebreaker even w/ the loss. So they pulled the goalie a lot and got crushed. Missed the playoffs w/ 92 points.

I just want to point out that Korab made a surprise visit today.

I always enjoy surprise visits from Korab. 

that's what your gf says too...

jk jk  :P  Don't need a joffrey lupul issue on our hands

Hey now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk_ilymWo4s

Edited by korab rules

I've all but checked out on this season.  I come to the board periodically to read.  I saw the carnage from yesterday,  We start the season with Enroth and Neuvirth and end with Lindback and Johnson.  Neither of these guys strike me as the goalie of the future.  Should be interesting to see what GMTM does at the goalie position going forward.

I think we did well to get what we got. These are all rental players and we have no reason to rent them! Everybody knows the situation we were in so the value was going to be limited.

A second and third are good picks and a serviceable goalie. How do you think we got the best farm system? By stockpiling picks. Hopefully in a couple years we will be trading those picks/players for pieces to complete a really strong team for the first time in a decade or longer. I don't like all these teams complaining about us tanking. We didn't create the stupid draft rule that automatically gives the worst team the first or second pick in a year when there are two highly rated players. We aren't losing on purpose - we are just getting anything we can get for players that won't be here next year.

As an aside, how many "own" goals do you think we'll see in the 2 games versus Arizona? Has anyone ever pulled their goalie when leading?

Welcome!

As for the Sabres-Coyotes showdown doubleheader -- it really has high potential to be an embarrassment to the NHL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.