GDT: Sabres @ Flyers 2-19-2015 - 8:00pm MSG

LGR4GM

Nope.  But, I did see some birds fly across my screen earlier.

You too, eh?  I thought it was just the alcohol and then I remembered I gave up drinking for Lent.

Awesome. Most entertaining game all season. So glad to beat these dirty flyers. Screw the tank today I love beating rivals and it was a heated game

This.

I was in the "trade Myers" camp for a long time around here.  Personally, I don't miss him and his poor breakout passes one bit.  I'll take Bogosian.

I wanted to keep Myers but... not anymore.  He ate up ice time but he wasn't near as effective as Bogo.  I think Bogo's quick outlets are already leading to more scoring chances.  A few improvements here and there and this might be a team we can enjoy watching next season.

I wanted to keep Myers but... not anymore. He ate up ice time but he wasn't near as effective as Bogo. I think Bogo's quick outlets are already leading to more scoring chances. A few improvements here and there and this might be a team we can enjoy watching next season.

Heck, I enjoyed watching them tonight. Who would have thought that was possible?

I wanted to keep Myers but... not anymore.  He ate up ice time but he wasn't near as effective as Bogo.  I think Bogo's quick outlets are already leading to more scoring chances.  A few improvements here and there and this might be a team we can enjoy watching next season.

Myers wasn't really meant for 26 minutes a night, he's not that type of player really. You want him playing about 18 to 22 so he's fresh enough to jump into the play.

Bogo is a more classic style D-man thus his style lends to time eating. Plus he seems to be a great calming influence, Benoit has looked a world better with Bogo as his partner.

Refs were awful, Flyers were jerks, and the arena let freaking birds in!

Benoit... looks...

good... 

I have to agree. I blame Bogey.

That ref is blind.  Or on the Philly payroll.  Geez that was an obvious high stick.  

I haven't cared about the refs all season until tonight. Brutal.

Is something wrong with my TV or did birds just fly by?

So that wasn't just me. 

This has been a oddly entertaining game.

It was....

I thought I was really drunker than I am

..and LGR was a reason. Didn't even miss Anna (though I hope she's OK.)

Neuvirth sucks in the shootout

Doing the splits every time is not a good strategy. Still, he played well and I'm happy he got the W.

OMG! 32:23 for Bogo! Damn...

Holy ######. Cant blame Teddy for that coaching decision.

Zach was excellent.

The team worked hard, look more like the Nolan team I expected this season.

Glad I PVRed that one, it was worth watching.

Edited by dudacek

Nolan's favorite player wins it for the Sabres.

Shout out to Ron R who opened the door for him. 

Bogosian...that is all

He is all over the ice with confidence.  Looks like a big upgrade from Myers mentally.  The one play in the 3rd where Gus disrupts PHI break-out and chips it up to.....47???  

He is all over the ice with confidence.  Looks like a big upgrade from Myers mentally.  The one play in the 3rd where Gus disrupts PHI break-out and chips it up to.....47???

Part of that is trust/knowing your teammates. In a scrum like that, Bogo already knew that Girgs is the kind of player that aggressively makes that kind of play. That in itself is impressive.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.