GDT:Flyers at Sabres 7:30PM NBCSN

Brawndo

I know we're only a period into his career here, but I'm willing to declare that Bogo is already a far better D man than Myers has ever been up to this point. 

GO SABRES!!!

Bogosian = 10x better than Myers

Can we at least wait a full game to evaluate Bogo? Dear God, it's been a period. Can you imagine what Jets fans are saying about Tyler after his 2 assist, offensively dominant performance?

The more I see the way TM is putting his team together the more I think Stewart is in the plan

Agree, he is definitely a TM player. Top draft pick too. Post trade, our roster is packed with even more early first rounders.

Edited by GrassValleyGreg

Can we at least wait a full game to evaluate Bogo? Dear God, it's been a period.

Agree, he is definitely a TM player. Top draft pick too. Post trade, our roster is packed with even more early first rounders.

No need to wait. He showed more defensive prowess in that one period than Myers did in his entire time here. 

GO SABRES!!!

Exactly the game I was thinking of, couldn't think of the name though (what does that tell you about him :lol:). He had a fight that game too.

No fighting major called if I remember correctly.  Was ref's choice denying him the Gordie Howe hattie.

No fighting major called if I remember correctly.  Was ref's choice denying him the Gordie Howe hattie.

You have a better memory than I do, all I remember was him sticking up for his teammates and everyone thinking we finally had a physical team with some guts.

Edited by WildCard

Steve Bernier scored 2 goals in his first game as a Sabre.

Does nothing to temper my expert analysis of Bogo's defensive superiority to Myers. But we already knew that he was better defensively, anyway, so I'm not really surprised at how emphatically he's proving that at the moment. 

GO SABRES!!!

You have a better memory than I do, all I remember was him sticking up for his teammates and everyone thinking we finally had a physical team with some guts.

I remember being disappointed that he didn't get the hattie.  Otherwise it would have not stayed with me at all.

Does nothing to temper my expert analysis of Bogo's defensive superiority to Myers. But we already knew that he was better defensively, anyway, so I'm not really surprised at how emphatically he's proving that at the moment. 

GO SABRES!!!

Well after a period of Bogo I haven't had the usual "WTF?" moment I did every period with Myers.

#16 overall but the point being a player coming in and having a phenomenal first game does not indicate future success. I think Bogo will be pretty good though for us.

Those goal games by Bernier and others were clear aberrations and everyone knew that. This is the kind of game he plays and what we were told to expect. Maybe not 6 hits in the first period of course. But a very good defenseman who plays big and hits hard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.