Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

This happens a lot on here, some have a really hard time viewing things outside the buffalo bubble. 

You're right, Kane is considered a really good talented player.  Saying he wanted out of Winnipeg bc he wants the bright lights of NYC etc sounds like whiner line parody. 

Winnipeg is a really small town with almost nothing going on but hockey, and it's a pretty bad place for a young player with money.  

Not sure how big Bufflao is but Wiki says population is under 300k...that must be wrong....Winnipeg has about 700k. Bogo liked it here because of the hunting and fishing......Kane disliked it because he said it was too small.

I'm in. What's the bet? And good god I hope you give Stafford 5 mil a year. He's worth it and more.

I'll bet whatever you want to bet...the bet is that Kane is gone at the end of or before his current contract expires, right?

Not sure how big Bufflao is but Wiki says population is under 300k...that must be wrong....Winnipeg has about 700k. Bogo liked it here because of the hunting and fishing......Kane disliked it because he said it was too small.

I'll bet whatever you want to bet...the bet is that Kane is gone at the end of or before his current contract expires, right?

Buffalo has a bigger metro area or something. Like twice the size. Plus Toronto is 1.5 hour drive

You called the bet. You should have the parameters. Yes I would agree to a bet being me saying Kane is not gone before the end of his contract current contract. Which means we would have to wait until a trade deadline that is a long way away. You gonna remember? What would you like to bet?

There are roughly 1.2 million people in the Buffalo area versus about 0.73 million in the Winnipeg area.  There are about 1.2 million people in all of Manitoba.  Toronto (6 million) is 1 1/2 hours away from Buffalo and there are another million people in Rochester (a little over an hour away), many of whom are Sabres (Amerks) fans.

Edited by carpandean

There are roughly 1.2 million people in the Buffalo area versus about 0.73 million in the Winnipeg area.  There are about 1.2 million people in all of Manitoba.  Toronto (6 million) is 1 1/2 hours away from Buffalo and there are another million people in Rochester (a little over an hour away), many of whom are Sabres (Amerks) fans.

Also what is population of Hamilton/Burlington and areas twds Niagra Falls add that in and you have a lot denser area.

Kane should be 28.5% happier. 

For the record:  between the border crossing and the suburban sprawl traffic in the golden horseshoe it is freaking impossible to get to Toronto from Buffalo in less than 2 hours.

I've done it in 80 minutes on a Sunday afternoon.  The key is to floor it whenever possible.

You called the bet. You should have the parameters. Yes I would agree to a bet being me saying Kane is not gone before the end of his contract current contract. Which means we would have to wait until a trade deadline that is a long way away. You gonna remember? What would you like to bet?

Loser buys the other team's jersey and posts a pic at least every 2 weeks where he has worn it in public for a season?

Or would you like to make it cool hard cash?

Thanks to everyone for the population info....not sure why ANYONE would like to go to TO though!

Loser buys the other team's jersey and posts a pic at least every 2 weeks where he has worn it in public for a season?

Thanks to everyone for the population info....not sure why ANYONE would like to go to TO though!

This is good. 

Big city, good food, fancy clubs, nice lake, lots of women who adore hockey players, yeah, that sounds terrible. :) :)

Edited by Met'yuPirog

Very creative! My thought was in honor of an MIA member, a donation to charity of choice by the loser. But the jersey has a real sting to it! I'm up for it either way. If it is the jersey and you win and the team is Boston, well ###### me.

What if I win? Are you not a Sabres fan?

Edited by beerme1

Very creative! My thought was in honor of an MIA member, a donation to charity of choice by the loser. But the jersey has a real sting to it! I'm up for it either way. If it is the jersey and you win and the team is Boston, well ###### me.

He's our chief Jets correspondent since the trade.

He's our chief Jets correspondent since the trade.

Pretty big duh on my part right there! And to think I went back and edited that too. Oye :doh:

His punishment should be wearing a Coyotes jersey.

I grew up a Habs fan so I hate Boston more than anyone on the planet.

As far as anything with cash.....your dollar is 1.33 CAD.

I hate big cities so I hate TO, don't like the people, don't like the city, etc...

I live 15 minutes north of Winnipeg on 3 acres on a gravel road so, ya, I hate Winnipeg too.

Gangs, violence, smell of diesel, etc...

Nice to have a big city near for restaurants, sports, employment, getting things you can't in a small town but that is it.

I was thinking you wear a Jets jersey and I wear a Buffalo but......if you would rather wear a home bruins jersey, I am ok with that. lol

I met a Sabres fan in Cuba and chatted for awhile, he is not a member on this forum.

Nice guy and passionate about is team...Sabres logo on his backpack.

Also met a couple from Boston in Havana. First thing I said when he told me where he was from was, "I hate your  hockey team".

He said he gets a lot of that!!!!!!!!!

Your choice on the bet though, I've never disliked Buffalo except for a couple of months after the Hawerchuk trade but I hated the GM a LOT more. (Smith, the Jets GM).

I grew up a Habs fan so I hate Boston more than anyone on the planet.

As far as anything with cash.....your dollar is 1.33 CAD.

I hate big cities so I hate TO, don't like the people, don't like the city, etc...

I live 15 minutes north of Winnipeg on 3 acres on a gravel road so, ya, I hate Winnipeg too.

Gangs, violence, smell of diesel, etc...

Nice to have a big city near for restaurants, sports, employment, getting things you can't in a small town but that is it.

I was thinking you wear a Jets jersey and I wear a Buffalo but......if you would rather wear a home bruins jersey, I am ok with that. lol

I met a Sabres fan in Cuba and chatted for awhile, he is not a member on this forum.

Nice guy and passionate about is team...Sabres logo on his backpack.

Also met a couple from Boston in Havana. First thing I said when he told me where he was from was, "I hate your  hockey team".

He said he gets a lot of that!!!!!!!!!

Your choice on the bet though, I've never disliked Buffalo except for a couple of months after the Hawerchuk trade but I hated the GM a LOT more. (Smith, the Jets GM).

We had a couple Jets fans sitting near us at a game two or three years ago and honestly, I would say they were some of the most polite, respectful and enjoyable visiting team fans I've ever come across. A couple of Viking fans at Bills game that were vising from Minny we're the best.  

Now that my brain is forming things clearer, A Jets jersey and a Sabres jersey is what we're talking about. Or for me I would put up the City Mission as a charity for a donation on my behalf. Your charity?  

I'm good with the jersey bet!

I'm not sure you realize how comfortable life can be here for our star athletes. So I believe he excels here, has team success and stays here.

If he's traded it wont be until the deadline on his last year of the contract which is 2018 I believe.

That's a long wait for a bet lol. I'll put it on my outlook calendar.