Do you like the cleaner look?

SDS

Forum Aesthetics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cleaner look?

• yes
    • no

I was trying to get the poster side panel completely light grey and it wasn't a quick edit, so I changed it back.

I think it'd be cool with just a grey divider but retain the white background. If you can't do that, let me know and I'll see if I can find the CSS settings to change.

I think it'd be cool with just a grey divider but retain the white background. If you can't do that, let me know and I'll see if I can find the CSS settings to change.

I like this theme:

http://ipsthemes.com/demos/?category=ipb-themes&product=glare-ipb3

I'm wondering how I would modify it for our use... It has the grey background I thought was good.

From a quick look, you need to change the color of the 'post_wrap' class to the grey you want, and add a background-color of white to the class 'post_body'.

ah. I did the former and not the latter and didn't have time to sort it out. I was looking for a 30 sec flyby.

Looked like you may have tried the 'author_info' class as well from what I saw.

Without really digging into it, I can't seem to isolate the CSS file the site uses so I can just download it. Looks like an include in index.php.

Visually, the only issue doing it the way I said, without any other changes, it would leave a grey strip to the right. I'm trying to find where the 'post_body' width is set to play with that.

Are you messing with the fonts SDS? I haven't had any problem with them on my desktop but I just fired up my laptop for the first time in a month and it's doing something weird with the font. It's probably on my end, I just have to figure out what the deal is. 

Nope. Clear the cache is my mantra.

I really like the look of the page. The yellow banner that's actually the bottom of the boards is cool. Not sure about "The Aud Club" font. Eleven is right. Fontdiner Swanky is a little too "Killer Clowns From Outer Space" for me. Other than that everything rocks.

I really like the look of the page. The yellow banner that's actually the bottom of the boards is cool. Not sure about "The Aud Club" font. Eleven is right. Fontdiner Swanky is a little too "Killer Clowns From Outer Space" for me. Other than that everything rocks.

OMG my old roomate and I got drunk and watched that... I laughed so hard I cried and a he snorted beer out his nose.

Edited by LGR4GM

Oh, dude, we could make this what you need without adding extra cash. I would be happy to help.

$13. Saves a ton of time.

I made it visible if you want to look at it. It's called Glare. Been playing with it. Started very clean. Adding blue and yellow sort of disrupts that, but still much better base than I started with the IPB default skin.

Have to figure out how to make that header work or scrap it all together.

$13. Saves a ton of time.

I made it visible if you want to look at it. It's called Glare. Been playing with it. Started very clean. Adding blue and yellow sort of disrupts that, but still much better base than I started with the IPB default skin.

Have to figure out how to make that header work or scrap it all together.

You could use the current theme's header with the Glare template.

Actually, I would include the footer with that.  I can see why you like the look of the forum content in the Glare template (although as I'm using the editor, I'm not sure I like the number of lines and boxes it uses), but I definitely prefer the SS headers and footers.

I still say it'd be easier to mod the CSS for the SS template.  Keep this one up for a bit, I'll see if I can offer up some CSS for you to drop in over the next few days that captures the feel of this Glare template.

Edited by sizzlemeister

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.