GDT Sabres at Red Wings 1-18-2015 8PM NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

It's not just rooting against the Sabres, it's the scoring updates for the worst teams in the league, the constant reminders from all the pro-tankers that they are pro-tank, it's the constant justification of how the tank helps the team. Yeah, we get it. We're all pretty familiar with who the pro-tankers are. We're all pretty familiar with the possible scenarios.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. :flirt:

Its the way of the CHL. You're either all in or you're not.

It's like in the Matrix but....... Take the blue pill and your franchise will get the next Gretzky. Take the red pill and your team will finish 3rd to last and get a nice booby prize.

I always cheer for the team to win come game-day. But that doesn't mean I'm not hoping Edmonton wins too.

Its the way of the CHL. You're either all in or you're not.

Right. But we don't need to hear about it in every single thread, especially when there at least four threads on the first page alone dedicated to tanking.

we are rebuilding. What do people not understand about this? None of our Ufas were going to stay, so get whatever assets you can for them. We tried to build a solid team through FA by signing the Hoff and leino, it didn't work, why is selling off these players that are of no value to your future lineup bad? This is so dumb. Tank on. Tank until the sun don't shine. Do people not remember that we sucked? We couldn't make the playoffs and when we did we lost in the first round? Jesus

It's more disgraceful to act like nothing is wrong and continue on being a mediocre team and making mediocre moves

Harrington is just a tool. There isn't anytging disgraceful or strange going on here.

That's not what the forum decided in a consensus earlier this season.

I hate the thought of tanking but the situation is what it is. If they could win a game once in a while it would be different. I think the majority of the GDT should focus on the game in question but it's hard not to tie each game to the tank when the vast majority are losses. Besides the tank another aspect each game impacts is player development. With that said, anyone know the projected lines?

Oh ya, when the race for the number one pick is as close as it is people are not going to want the Sabres to win meaningless points in the standings. Every game counts for contenders and first overall picks. Whenever this team gets its act together we can talk about how we need Tampa, Pittsburgh, NY or whoever is at the top at the time to lose so we can move up in the standings. The difference between finishing 29th and 30th isn't pride. Its who has the best chance at number one.

That's not what the forum decided in a consensus earlier this season.

Regardless of what was discussed earlier in the season, I don't see how you can't mention the tank in each game thread when the team has put up 3 points in the last 30 days. It's pathetic. Winning is losing at this point in the season, we're still on the wire with Edmonton so while I won't actively "root" for the losses to pile up I'm not going to be happy if we start stringing together wins.

My biggest concern at this point in the season is just how awful our players are playing, especially guys like Stafford & Stewart who I was hoping would turn it on in their contract years so Murray could flip them at the deadline for some prospects ready to break out of dare I say yet another 1st rounder. That's all gone to pot. Blah.

In other news, I scored my first goal in my 3rd official game after not playing hockey for ~15 years so I'm coming into this one on a high note. I'd also take watching the sucky Sabres over the Patriots any day. Eat an egg, Brady.

I hate the thought of tanking but the situation is what it is. If they could win a game once in a while it would be different. I think the majority of the GDT should focus on the game in question but it's hard not to tie each game to the tank when the vast majority are losses. Besides the tank another aspect each game impacts is player development. With that said, anyone know the projected lines?

Oh ya, when the race for the number one pick is as close as it is people are not going to want the Sabres to win meaningless points in the standings. Every game counts for contenders and first overall picks. Whenever this team gets its act together we can talk about how we need Tampa, Pittsburgh, NY or whoever is at the top at the time to lose so we can move up in the standings. The difference between finishing 29th and 30th isn't pride. Its who has the best chance at number one.

Exactly.

He's here another 30 games.....the other one is supposedly here for a decade.

You don't let that slide.

Good for Nolan. I pointed Risto's crap play last night out to you in the Hodgson thread.

Ristolainen could start purposely shooting pucks at this own net and benching him for Meszaros would still be wrong.

We knew this season was going to be a tank and that we'd probably be in last place, so the forum made that call. So because it's working out exactly how we thought, into the situation where that call was meant to take place, it makes sense to avoid it. Mhmm. Were you two even around when that happened?

We knew this season was going to be a tank and that we'd probably be in last place, so the forum made that call. So because it's working out exactly how we thought, into the situation where that call was meant to take place, it makes sense to avoid it. Mhmm. Were you two even around when that happened?

well I work so unfortunately I can't read every post. Im assuming that why you are asking if i was around when the forum (which Im not sure what thats suppose to mean since new people join forums all the time) agreed on something. You obviously have a different opinion on the matter. If you show me the rule book that states someone can't mention tanking in a GDT then ok. I'm not violating anyone civil liberties by defending another's position. So my question to you is why are you up in arms about a three page GDT just because some people tie a game to a tank. If we win tonight 15 to 0, there will be plenty of game notes to discuss but i guarantee the effect on the tank will also be a topic of discussion. Again i hate where this team is at and I'm not as on board about losing as other people but I'm not going to try and silence their comments because i disagree. That's what i like about the GDT, as long as it's about the GAME AND ITS IMPACT it's fair to discuss.

Not really a prediction. Mess is playing. It's like predicting that the sun will rise in the east.

but predictions are guesses that could be wrong. COHO may get a Hatty and Mess might play 25 minutes of shutdown defense. Never mind your right.

well I work so unfortunately I can't read every post. Im assuming that why you are asking if i was around when the forum (which Im not sure what thats suppose to mean since new people join forums all the time) agreed on something. You obviously have a different opinion on the matter. If you show me the rule book that states someone can't mention tanking in a GDT then ok. I'm not violating anyone civil liberties by defending another's position. So my question to you is why are you up in arms about a three page GDT just because some people tie a game to a tank. If we win tonight 15 to 0, there will be plenty of game notes to discuss but i guarantee the effect on the tank will also be a topic of discussion. Again i hate where this team is at and I'm not as on board about losing as other people but I'm not going to try and silence their comments because i disagree. That's what i like about the GDT, as long as it's about the GAME AND ITS IMPACT it's fair to discuss.

but predictions are guesses that could be wrong. COHO may get a Hatty and Mess might play 25 minutes of shutdown defense. Never mind your right.

No. Every game is grease for the tank tread.

I responded to you posting this, it seemed that you hadn't been around in general to see that this place decided to keep Tank talk out of GDTs. It's something pro and anti tankers agreed on. "No." goes against that forum agreement. That's all I was pointing out.

JJ was pointing it out by directing that talk to the places where we decided to have it is all. You can say No, but it's against the grain of what everyone decided to do to keep the discussion flowing positively.

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.