The Dominik Hasek # retirement ceremony

LGR4GM

I'd wonder if all the January stubs are like that. You'd think they use an automated system to print that feeds from a database so it would have January only entered once and if they misspelled it there it should appear on all January tickets.

That's an exaggeration.

A double homicide would. Or ties to the underworld. A DWI hit and run of a religious sister.

I have it on good authority when she runs into Tops to get Terry his donut with sprinkles, she does NOT use the little tissue, she reaches in with her bare hand!

I have it on good authority when she runs into Tops to get Terry his donut with sprinkles, she does NOT use the little tissue, she reaches in with her bare hand!

I used to see her walking across an icy parking lot. She never fell, but she teetered. Her balance wasn't too bad, but I'm talking down the myth that she was always graceful. It wasn't graceful. It wasn't Bambi trying to stand with Thumper laughing, but it wasn't graceful.

I have to admit, my feelings about Kim Pegula have changed from "Absolutely Adore" to "Absolutely Adore Because I Have Already Forgot About This Stupid Fake Controversy I Never Cared About In The First Place".

Lemming. It's fine if you live in a world where months are abbreviated, and Jerseys aren't retired. But that isn't our world is it? The tide is turning my friend, the tide is turning.

I used to see her walking across an icy parking lot. She never fell, but she teetered. Her balance wasn't too bad, but I'm talking down the myth that she was always graceful. It wasn't graceful. It wasn't Bambi trying to stand with Thumper laughing, but it wasn't graceful.

See? The new skating coach is paying off!

The Sabres got a little heat from the local arts community for a painting of Dom unveiled during or around the ceremony. The painting was done by an artist from California, not a local. Oh, they were up in arms. Faces were pastel with rage.

Anywho, it didn't take long for the Sabres to throw Dom under the bus for that one, explaining that it was Dom himself who chose the artist.

It reinforces my thought that if Dom had requested a toned-down ceremony, we would have heard about it by now.

Edited by PASabreFan

I'd wonder if all the January stubs are like that. You'd think they use an automated system to print that feeds from a database so it would have January only entered once and if they misspelled it there it should appear on all January tickets.

The Panthers game on 1/2 had January spelled correctly. So no data on how they screwed it up for the Detroit game.

The Sabres got a little heat from the local arts community for a painting of Dom unveiled during or around the ceremony. The painting was done by an artist from California, not a local. Oh, they were up in arms. Faces were pastel with rage.

Anywho, it didn't take long for the Sabres to throw Dom under the bus for that one, explaining that it was Dom himself who chose the artist.

It reinforces my thought that if Dom had requested a toned-down ceremony, we would have heard about it by now.

Except it says in this article that the Sabres didn't select the artist; Dom did. They'd submitted one from a local guy and Dom chose a different submission.

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/colin-dabkowski/art-community-urges-sabres-to-go-local-20150125

Except it says in this article that the Sabres didn't select the artist; Dom did. They'd submitted one from a local guy and Dom chose a different submission.

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/colin-dabkowski/art-community-urges-sabres-to-go-local-20150125

I have doubts about things that I didn't have say 2 months ago.

Don't ruin his thing!  I'm waiting for him to bitch about Leroy Neiman painting OJ instead of some guy outside of Bethune Hall at UB.

Edited by Eleven

Don't ruin his thing! I'm waiting for him to bitch about Leroy Neiman painting OJ instead of some guy outside of Bethune Hall at UB.

Lol I get the idea of wanting to hire local people where possible for these things (and in general I think it's a great idea), but in this case the criticism is a bit unfair since it wasn't their call. I think Jo's rendition would've been better, though.

Edit: I should clarify that I don't think local people should automatically get the gig; just that if there's a qualified person who is local, they should be considered. Whether or not they are selected based on any number of project criteria should depend on the strength of their proposal, just like anyone else.

Edited by biodork

Don't ruin his thing!  I'm waiting for him to bitch about Leroy Neiman painting OJ instead of some guy outside of Bethune Hall at UB.

Him who? You must read about as well as bio does.

This is the longest PR losing streak in team history. Next thing you know they will fire the Earl of Bud. 

They are ham-handed for sure. We probably have 8-10 solid examples of how not to treat your fan base, from unnecessarily jacking up ticket prices after historically bad seasons to the turdburger to the Hasek ceremony. There's a problem here. But when companies don't feel they have to do anything to get your business, this is what happens. Laziness, sloppiness and mediocrity.

This is the longest PR losing streak in team history. Next thing you know they will fire the Earl of Bud. 

I wonder if winning franchises have just as many or more blunders, but people just don't care because, well, you know, they are winning franchises.

I wonder if winning franchises have just as many or more blunders, but people just don't care because, well, you know, they are winning franchises.

Believe me, local artists aren't buying too many season tickets. Except for......this guy. Nice fellow. Great artist. Season ticket holder. Passionate fan. You can meet him in the 100s. 

http://judsonfinearts.com/

The league as a whole is pretty well run. Buffalo too. Buffalo offers a lot more fan opportunities than most franchises, so for perspective, there is that much more to go wrong.Not an excuse, but in comparison to other franchises, Buffalonians have remarkable access to the team and the game. 

Bad banner ceremony. Yeah, they fumbled. But organizationally the teams footprint on the community is incredibly broad compared to any other US franchise. There is that much more to go wrong, when you are doing to do much more. 

The league as a whole is pretty well run. Buffalo too. Buffalo offers a lot more fan opportunities than most franchises, so for perspective, there is that much more to go wrong.Not an excuse, but in comparison to other franchises, Buffalonians have remarkable access to the team and the game. 

Bad banner ceremony. Yeah, they fumbled. But organizationally the teams footprint on the community is incredibly broad compared to any other US franchise. There is that much more to go wrong, when you are doing to do much more. 

Interesting but a little low on details. Can you flesh it out? What is remarkable about fan access to the team in Buffalo?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.