Fight Night 12/15

Johnny DangerFace

Who Won?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Won?

• Strachan
    • Borowiecki

Very creditable effort by Strachan. I like the immediate standup for a teammate.

It makes no difference to me if he won, lost or the fight was a draw. The bolded is the only important thing about it and this is coming from a guy who is not shy to say that I don't like Kaleta as a player.

Very creditable effort by Strachan. I like the immediate standup for a teammate.

It makes no difference to me if he won, lost or the fight was a draw. The bolded is the only important thing about it and this is coming from a guy who is not shy to say that I don't like Kaleta as a player.

As much as it's nice to see the Sabres being tough, if a Boston player picked a fight after a clean hit we'd be asking why players have to defend themselves for playing hockey.

As much as it's nice to see the Sabres being tough, if a Boston player picked a fight after a clean hit we'd be asking why players have to defend themselves for playing hockey.

Normally I would agree. However, (and I did not see the game as I had other commitments) the Sabres were down 1-0 at the time. Perhaps he decided that he should use that moment to try and get his team fired up and turned around? He decided that Ottawa didn't deserve to give a hit like that and he might as well do something about it. I think being down at the time provides a reason for it. I'll certainly accept a response to a big hit as opposed to some stage fight off a face-off when a team is trailing. That just screams pointless.

Edited by LTS

Yep. Stupid to fight on that play

Normally I would agree. However, (and I did not see the game as I had other commitments) the Sabres were down 1-0 at the time. Perhaps he decided that he should use that moment to try and get his team fired up and turned around? He decided that Ottawa didn't deserve to give a hit like that and he might as well do something about it. I think being down at the time provides a reason for it. I'll certainly accept a response to a big hit as opposed to some stage fight off a face-off when a team is trailing. That just screams pointless.

I'm pretty sure that that Ottawa player made that hit with the intention of it ending in a fight, or at least it was to test our resolve. I'm just glad he was responded to as quickly as he was.

I'm pretty sure that that Ottawa player made that hit with the intention of it ending in a fight, or at least it was to test our resolve. I'm just glad he was responded to as quickly as he was.

I certainly think he was ready to fight someone. He could have not engaged and Strachan still would have been given some extra minutes.

I'm just thinking that there isn't one player on this team that won't drop the gloves with someone. (Well maybe not Hodgson)

We actually lead the league in fighting majors at 20.

Agreed, probably not Hodgson. Leading the league in fighting majors and we got rid of John Scott? Hmmm.. :) It appears they are getting tougher.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.