Sabres @ Canadiens 11/29/2014: 7PM

LGR4GM

This team might be capable of making the playoffs but isn't capable of getting out of the first round so more of the same. Regier still haunts this team.

There is huge a difference. This team under Regier was stagnant with little hope for the future. I look at this roster and the assets this team has yet to spend, not to mention the young players which should be hitting the roster in the very near future and I have all the faith and hope in this franchise I could never muster when Regier was in charge.

A team on the rise has far more to offer it's fans than a team mired in the status quo.

I watched both games against Montreal and I think the Sabres did an awesome job to get away with two Ws.

They are confident and really were hard to play against. Good goaltending, good D.

If this team had a first line in addition to GEM as second line we would be nearly there ( being a contender)

I think we really need to fix Hodgson. I would like to see Grigorenko between him and Stewart, because of the chemistry they had in preseason and to have a center capable to win some faceoffs. This weakness on the point costs us dearly. Yes we mitigate this by blocking shots and hitting people, but this has to change. Did Hodgson win a faceoff in this game? I think he lost the first eleven in arow.

I also liked Schaller. Similar to Deslaurier. Young responsible grinder with good defensive awareness. He is a good gap filler for grinder injuries.

Edited by LaLaLaFontaine

There is huge a difference. This team under Regier was stagnant with little hope for the future. I look at this roster and the assets this team has yet to spend, not to mention the young players which should be hitting the roster in the very near future and I have all the faith and hope in this franchise I could never muster when Regier was in charge.

A team on the rise has far more to offer it's fans than a team mired in the status quo.

I get your point and I'm with you on that but I was talking specifically about the team as its constructed right now. The one on the ice against Montreal.

Aside from the new towers of power on D and girgs whom Regier can be given credit for theres still a stink I associate with Regier which hopefully will be flipped for something in the future. One of which is Cody Hodgson. His salary is out of line for what he brings to the team. I believe he has 3 points this year and you do not win playoff series with the likes of him on your roster. I'm not sure he can elevate his play beyond what we see now. Just my opinion. Take it for what it is. As for the future looking forward I'm stoked.

PK Subban

My brain renders PK Subban as Punk Kid Subban in my head. It occurred to me once, seemed to fit, and like an earworm it won't go away. I'm actually okay with thinking of him as Punk Kid Subban.

What a punk.

One of which is Cody Hodgson. His salary is out of line for what he brings to the team. I believe he has 3 points this year and you do not win playoff series with the likes of him on your roster. I'm not sure he can elevate his play beyond what we see now. Just my opinion. Take it for what it is. As for the future looking forward I'm stoked.

I'm quite sure he will be displaced one way or the other once some of the younger prospects are ready for the big club. I'd love to seem him excel for about a month prior to the trade deadline so we can get a bag of pucks for him.

This isn't going to be a playoff team however it is nice to see the defense playing much better. I love that Tyler Myers is seeing +25 minutes a night. Risto and Zadorov are coming into their own at a young age good to see. The Sabres finally have a coherent approach through the neutral zone. They aren't going to be winning consistently giving up 40 shots a night, but they are more competitive inside the game. Lines are finally gelling, And wee are seeing some team play.

This was the first game all season that I really paid attention to. Thank God watchable hockey is back.

This and this. It's fun to watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.