Sabres @ Canadiens 11/29/2014: 7PM

LGR4GM

Nikita doesn't fight much. He just hits.

I just remember him being labeled as a big, tough prospect when we drafted him because he went out and fought a vet his first OHL game. I guess I just want a d-man with a nasty streak. Who knows, maybe Lemieux will be that guy for our forward group.

This is silly. The list of captains who weren't fighters is a long, long list.

I'm not saying he has to be a fighter, but he has to be willing to fight for his team sometimes. Remember the Cup Finals when the Sedins were bullied and challenged in Boston and they did nothing? You can't tell me that doesn't demoralize a team. If there's one thing I respect about Crosby it's that he has shown he will drop'em. Ovie on the other hand...

Edited by WildCard

I just remember him being labeled as a big, tough prospect when we drafted him because he went out and fought a vet his first OHL game. I guess I just want a d-man with a nasty streak. Who knows, maybe Lemieux will be that guy for our forward group.

I'm not saying he has to be a fighter, but he has to be willing to fight for his team sometimes. Remember the Cup Finals when the Sedins were bullied and challenged in Boston and they did nothing? You can't tell me that doesn't demoralize a team. If there's one thing I respect about Crosby it's that he has shown he will drop'em. Ovie on the other hand...

I can get on board with that.

PS, Weber IS the D-man with a nasty streak. Problem is, he's not very skilled.

Edited by Eleven

I can get on board with that.

PS, Weber IS the D-man with a nasty streak. Problem is, he's not very skilled.

I agree with you (I think it's you who says this) that Weber is a great 5-6 d-man because of this. He's not going to be a game changer, but he plays hard, he's not terrible, and he has a nasty streak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.