All-time favourite Sabre survivor

dudacek

This time we kicked the veteran steady defencemen to the curb: Numminen, Patrick and Tallinder.

Also sent packing were a couple popular role players (Varada, Biron) and two owners (Pegula and Golisano).

Myers and Ennis get promoted to the finals as the sole survivors from Group II

In is the early days of Darcy Regier.

Out are Regier, Galley, Nolan, Dawe, Holzinger, Ward, Satan and Gorges.

Promoted are Girgensons and Murray.

I bet Nolan would have lasted longer if we had done this in the summer.

I wonder how long it is going to take before we look at Darcy with any degree of affection.

Im betting it's a long time.

I'm voting for more than three this time as there are a few players I feel strongly that should survive, so I am weeding out the rest by voting them off.

How has Gorges survived this long? (I've voted for him every time :lol:)

Good guy, but yeah. He's played all of 15 games. I guess dissing the Leafs carries a lot of weight here.

Alright, I've got a beef with whoever voted for Dom! It's him and Mogilny for me. They are the only two that I won't vote off Sabres Survivor Island.

The greatest goaltender of all time and the goal scorer on one of the most amazing international lines ever(imho) Mogilny Federov and Bure. Man I miss when Russian players were awesome.

Edit: Mogilny got me to love hockey when I was little. He always scored when I saw him. It seemed like every shot he took went in.

Edited by ubkev

Gone are Plante, Smehlik, Quinn, Rigas, Khymylev (sorry Josie) Zhitnik and Pominville (apologies to the entire Case family).

Promoted to the finals are Miller, Campbell, Brown and Peca.

Brian Campbell is a cool dude, but it is a travesty he outlasted Pominville.

It's not Jason's fault Lindy named him captain of Darcy's Darlings.

Curtis Brown is an interesting choice, but I always liked him and given the relatively weak group he was with probably the right one.

Edited by dudacek

Lol, just Dom.

I've basically just been voting out everybody but one person from each group, although looking at my other votes I think I voted out every one from the top group so I may need to delete my votes and recast to keep Grier.

I absolutely loved Hasek while he was here and think he was the greatest goalie of all time. Because of the way he left though I can't vote him my favorite and with no Rob Ray in that group I voted for Brad May.

I guess it's sour grapes but it's how I feel about it. I've been voting out Briere and Drury too for the same reasons. I loved them while they were here but they left for greener pastures so ######'em.

I've basically just been voting out everybody but one person from each group, although looking at my other votes I think I voted out every one from the top group so I may need to delete my votes and recast to keep Grier.

I absolutely loved Hasek while he was here and think he was the greatest goalie of all time. Because of the way he left though I can't vote him my favorite and with no Rob Ray in that group I voted for Brad May.

I guess it's sour grapes but it's how I feel about it. I've been voting out Briere and Drury too for the same reasons. I loved them while they were here but they left for greener pastures so ######'em.

I'm good with the sour grapes method of voting someone out. Explanation: Accepted

I get it completely, but I can't vote out my childhood favorites. 12 year old me would never forgive me.