Ehrhoff "frustrated" during his time in Buffalo

PromoTheRobot

Interesting that he completely exonerated himself from being a part of the reason the team sucked. He also left out the part "but hey they are giving me a mill a year until I'm 50 so it's all good".

And why in the world would he have thought the team was on an uprise? Because the fanboi owner thought he was like cute or something and was throwing money around? The core was rotten, and R&R had been here way too long. Anyone could see that.

Interesting that he completely exonerated himself from being a part of the reason the team sucked.

After Ehrhoff joined the Sabres, they failed to make the playoffs in three seasons.

The answer is simple... it's all his fault, right?

Right?

correlation.png

Okay, maybe not.

I don't think he was that bad a defenseman. The contract given to him by Regier was too long but not bad money wise. I still feel the reason Patty left is I can bet you he wanted to add pieces to this team instead of going through a total rebuild. I think he wanted to keep Miller, Ott and add more. And I think when the rest of the organization including Murray wanted to tear it down and start fresh that was not what he believed in and quit. We will probably never know but that's what I think that happened.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Though, he was the best defense man we had for a long time.

You know, somehow that seems similar to General Patton's statement about Field Marshall Montgomery - "Well, he's the best General the British have"

Sounds like a compliment - but - maybe it isn't?

Just my opinion, but Monty was a good General, and more politically apt than Patton. Both were leaders, but Monty was the better teammate. Both aspects are part of Generalship. Patton had big political flaws, and couldn't be a peace-time general, and got canned by his old buddy Ike because of those flaws. So in a roundabout way, Patton was wrong about Ehrhoff.

Just my opinion, but Monty was a good General, and more politically apt than Patton. Both were leaders, but Monty was the better teammate. Both aspects are part of Generalship. Patton had big political flaws, and couldn't be a peace-time general, and got canned by his old buddy Ike because of those flaws. So in a roundabout way, Patton was wrong about Ehrhoff.

Montgomery was too "British" and threw tantrums to get his way. He wound up being (very) disliked by his men, and had few, if any, political skills. You could say his temperament led to the circumstances which resulted in the Battle of the Bulge. Montgomery criticized a lot of his contemporaries in his memoirs, including the Ehrhoffs. Incidentally, he was also against the legalization of homosexuality.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Monty may have been critical of Ehrhoff, but he did not go to the training table to slap Ehrhoff in the face, for PTSD, as did Patton. Their good buddy Ike, had to lean more heavily on Monty because of Patton's indiscretions with Ehrhoff, including the Battle of the Bulge.

In my opinion, Monty's view on sexuality had no impact on Patton's decision to slap Ehrhoff, Patton dug his own grave, when he wasn't attacking, just being Patton, but he was a superb wartime general, That's no slight on Ehrhoff, who was fighting his own battles.

Astonishing that these useless slugs get paid so much for so little.

It's not Albert Pujols money but it's Buffalo's version of swinging big and missing.

Pujols contract

Salary

2012: $12 million; 2013: $16 million

2014: $23 million; 2015: $24 million

2016: $25 million; 2017: $26 million

2018: $27 million; 2019: $28 million

2020: $29 million; 2021: $30 million

Personal services agreement

Sides agree that after the expiration of the contract or Pujols' retirement as a player, they will enter into a 10-year personal services relationship and Pujols will be paid $1 million annually.

Milestone accomplishments

The sides agree they will enter into a separate marketing agreement in which Pujols will be paid for the promotion and marketing of specified milestone accomplishments. Among them are a $3 million payment for 3,000 hits and a $7 million payment for 763 home runs.

Award Bonuses

Most Valuable Player: $500,000

MVP second or third place: $75,000

Gold Glove: $75,000

Silver Slugger: $75,000

All-Star election or selection: $50,000

World Series MVP: $100,000

ALCS MVP: $75,000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.