Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played into 1/26.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Buffalo 47 30 14 3 63 133

Edmonton 47 26 12 9 61 131

Carolina 46 25 16 5 55 127

Arizona 46 25 16 5 55 127

New Jersey 47 22 17 8 52 122

Philadelphia 48 22 19 7 51 119

Columbus 45 22 20 3 47 121

Ottawa 46 19 18 9 47 119

Colorado 48 18 20 10 46 114

Minnesota 46 20 20 6 46 118

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

(No clue why that formatted improperly and I'm not taking the time to fix it. Good luck, Taro. New format may have messed this up).

That's what we have going into the home stretch. The Sabres control their own destiny.

Fun fact: Every single Carrion team plays at least one other Carrion team in their first five games after break. We should have a lot of movement early.

1/27's slate includes three potential one-pointers:

Buffalo Daggers visit the Candles in Calgary

Mini-soda visits the Saudi Oilers

Seattle Yotes head to the Philly Grounders

And the rest:

Carolina Light Drizzles head to Tampa to face the Lightning

Colamebus Black&Blue Jackets host the Capitals

Colorado Snowballs head to Smashville

Dallas Twinkles host the Canadiens

Edited by Tank

Was checking the Sabres' team page at ESPN - we're now dead last in the main stats;  30th in goals for, 30th in goals against, 30th in PP %, and 30th in PK.     Not to mention dead last in the points standing.

post-3706-0-48482700-1422336922_thumb.jpg

Tankers like you are the worst. There's still young talent on this team who may very well be significant contributors down the line. We can lose, and with this roster we will lose. All advanced stats are in our favor. But for Christ's sake, don't curse the young kids with the embarrassment of record breaking futility. Have some respect.

LOL!!!!  I'm the worst, just like the Sabres.  It's fitting, no?    ;)

Edited by Jsixspd

I hadn't checked the team page at ESPN in a couple weeks.  I'd been looking at goal and shot differential, and the points standing and that's what I'd been discussing.    I didn't realize our PK and PP had totally tanked, and was officially the WORST.   

I hadn't checked the team page at ESPN in a couple weeks.  I'd been looking at goal and shot differential, and the points standing and that's what I'd been discussing.    I didn't realize our PK and PP had totally tanked, and was officially the WORST.

If you want a little more fun with the PP stats, look at the actual numbers like goals scored instead of just the percentages. That takes it to a whole new level.

Current standings through games played into 1/26.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Buffalo 47 30 14 3 63 133

Edmonton 47 26 12 9 61 131

Carolina 46 25 16 5 55 127

Arizona 46 25 16 5 55 127

New Jersey 47 22 17 8 52 122

Philadelphia 48 22 19 7 51 119

Columbus 45 22 20 3 47 121

Ottawa 46 19 18 9 47 119

Colorado 48 18 20 10 46 114

Minnesota 46 20 20 6 46 118

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

(No clue why that formatted improperly and I'm not taking the time to fix it. Good luck, Taro. New format may have messed this up).

That's what we have going into the home stretch. The Sabres control their own destiny.

Fun fact: Every single Carrion team plays at least one other Carrion team in their first five games after break. We should have a lot of movement early.

1/27's slate includes three potential one-pointers:

Buffalo Daggers visit the Candles in Calgary

Mini-soda visits the Saudi Oilers

Seattle Yotes head to the Philly Grounders

And the rest:

Carolina Light Drizzles head to Tampa to face the Lightning

Colamebus Black&Blue Jackets host the Capitals

Colorado Snowballs head to Smashville

Dallas Twinkles host the Canadiens

Lot's of work to do.  Tonight would be a good start to get a win against Calgary in preparation for the show down with Edm.

If you want a little more fun with the PP stats, look at the actual numbers like goals scored instead of just the percentages. That takes it to a whole new level.

I'm almost sorry I looked at those numbers......

We're tied with Philly with the MOST PPGA at 42.  But Philly also has the 3rd most PPG in the league - 38!   So it's not even a competition between the Sabres and Philly. 

We're above and by far the WORST in PPG, at an awful 13!  the next worst team is Florida with 17.   To put this in perspective, the best team in this stat, Detroit, has 44 PPGs, or more than THREE TIMES as many as Buffalo.    

It doesn't help that Buffalo is 3rd worst in the league in Penalty Minutes with over 12 minutes average per game.    Combine an awful number of PIM with terrible defense, and it's a formula for disaster. Ugh!   

Oh, and I should add... our differential.... ie,  PPG -  PPGA, is by far the worst in the league at minus 29!!!!   That is just brutal.

It's hard to grasp how bad this team really is.  

I'm almost sorry I looked at those numbers......

We're tied with Philly with the MOST PPGA at 42.  But Philly also has the 3rd most PPG in the league - 38!   So it's not even a competition between the Sabres and Philly. 

We're above and by far the WORST in PPG, at an awful 13!  the next worst team is Florida with 17.   To put this in perspective, the best team in this stat, Detroit, has 44 PPGs, or more than THREE TIMES as many as Buffalo.    

It doesn't help that Buffalo is 3rd worst in the league in Penalty Minutes with over 12 minutes average per game.    Combine an awful number of PIM with terrible defense, and it's a formula for disaster. Ugh!

So Detroit is right around an average of 11 PPGs per month. We have 13 all year. Have fun with that one.

So Detroit is right around an average of 11 PPGs per month. We have 13 all year. Have fun with that one.

It also hasn't helped that Hogsdon, whose performance for the first couple years was like that of a softer, less effective and less productive version of Jason Pominville,  has now morphed into Ville Leino Ver. 2.0 this season, and actually posting fewer points so far than even Leino did last season.  

Nolan will put Hodgson out there on the PP, and it's like it's 4 on 4 hockey. The guy floats around, gets rid of the puck like it's a hot-potato, in Leino-esque style.  

Edited by Jsixspd

This years Tank needed a version of last Tanks Ville Leino.  I was curious as to who was going to step up.

True. there was no clear tank commander post-Leino.

Ufortunately an arguement could be made for Hodgson, Mezaros, Benoit and a host of others. Too many tank commanders!

Speaking of Leino....I still insist that at 56 yrs old I could score one goal in the NHL in one season if I had his minutes;). Just keep firing that puck and I'll get one deflection someway ,somehow..

Leino may have ..Jordan-like..accomplished the impossible.

Not mentioning the goaltenders by name is downright insulting! Enroth at 899 sv% and Neuvirth at 907.

Sorry I don't consider either of them to be in any way contributing to the tank. Enroth had a stretch where his save % was near .950. Both goalies routiney see north of 40 shots a game and still have perfored relatively admirably. While the Sabres were in 27th/28th, the goaltending was average laguewide, compared to the EDM and CAR teams which were bottom five in sv% at that time.

True. there was no clear tank commander post-Leino.

Ufortunately an arguement could be made for Hodgson, Mezaros, Benoit and a host of others. Too many tank commanders!

Now that they're 'in it to win it,' there is no such thing as 'too many tank commanders.'

THIS season, they're as desirable and necessary a roster component as competent centers are in a normal season. One simply cannot have too many this year. If one slacks, someone else must be there to pick up with an errant pass, a whiffed assignment, a line change to make a squirt coach cringe, a timely penalty, or a wtf wave. The Sabres have had that depth in spades this season. And to paraphrase Martha and 11, that's a FF thing. (At least for up to 35 more games it is. ;))

Now that they're 'in it to win it,' there is no such thing as 'too many tank commanders.'

THIS season, they're as desirable and necessary a roster component as competent centers are in a normal season. One simply cannot have too many this year. If one slacks, someone else must be there to pick up with an errant pass, a whiffed assignment, a line change to make a squirt coach cringe, a timely penalty, or a wtf wave. The Sabres have had that depth in spades this season. And to paraphrase Martha and 11, that's a FF thing. (At least for up to 35 more games it is. ;))

Unfortunately, one of the tank captains is with the team for the long term. Might be tough when Hodgson has to start playing like a CHL 4th liner again - thats a tough transition from 1st line CHL minutes.