My Idea for a New Sabres Tradition

Eleven

This is absolutely dead on. Leave the entertainment presentation to an entertainment presentation professional.

Dear Teddy,

Please go to Hollywood or NY and hire a real live producer for the in-game presentation.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Who wants to start the petition? I like this.

Change the arena atmosphere? I'll throw out a couple more ideas no one will like: turn off the video on the scoreboard when play is going on and severely limit anything that puts eyes there during the game. Make people look where they're supposed to be looking. Kill the horn, at least in its current ear-blasting, spleen-shaking incarnation.

Change the arena atmosphere? I'll throw out a couple more ideas no one will like: turn off the video on the scoreboard when play is going on and severely limit anything that puts eyes there during the game. Make people look where they're supposed to be looking. Kill the horn, at least in its current ear-blasting, spleen-shaking incarnation.

Exactly, at their iphones.

I really think it is a matter of less is more.

Exactly, at their iphones.

At the Canes-Sabres game last week during a break in the action they were showing people, mostly kids, dancing to the music blaring over the sound system. They cut to four or five different shots of people dancing their ###### off and having a great time, then they cut to a group of six twenty somethings in a row, all of them staring at their iphones and typing away. Good stuff.

Now that's some seriously smart thinking.

Thanks! Unless my sarcasm meter is broken.

Maybe I'm on a roll... let's pick up on your nautical theme and change the horn to something nautical in nature, instead of what sounds like a train horn. Make it historically accurate. What sound did boats on the Erie Canal make to announce their presence?

Thanks! Unless my sarcasm meter is broken.

Maybe I'm on a roll... let's pick up on your nautical theme and change the horn to something nautical in nature, instead of what sounds like a train horn. Make it historically accurate. What sound did boats on the Erie Canal make to announce their presence?

How about an old Great Lakes style freighter?

Also, I just stumbled across this:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zlY48eTMIq2I.kVykUtK_cQas

It's an interactive google-map of Sunken Ships on the Great Lakes. COOL!

Is this thread veering off into this thread?

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21547-all-about-in-game-experience-at-first-niagara-center/page__hl__%2Bgabriel+%2Bchet+%2Bmuffy

That one looks like it's archived. Could we get it resurrected maybe?

Anyway, I recall there being a period of time during Quinn's oversight where the in-game experience was fairly fun -- less emphasis on blaring songs and promotions, more focus on in-house video productions (those dramatic black and white ones of someone driving to the arena come to mind). The Warrener Corner type stuff came before that run of material, but that was good stuff as well.

At the Canes-Sabres game last week during a break in the action they were showing people, mostly kids, dancing to the music blaring over the sound system. They cut to four or five different shots of people dancing their ###### off and having a great time, then they cut to a group of six twenty somethings in a row, all of them staring at their iphones and typing away. Good stuff.

Anyone who spends that much money to go to a game, only to spend their time looking at their Iphone is an idiot. If that remark resembles you, I apologize for offending you, but you are an idiot.

My point about cookie cutter in-game presentations is being reinforced right now, as I listen to the player introductions for Calgary vs. Vancouver being announced by "Monster Truck" PA announcer. Between music being played at ear splitting levels, and the PA announcers "yelling" at me all game, they should include a couple of tylenol with every ticket.

Edited by LabattBlue

My point about cookie cutter in-game presentations is being reinforced right now, as I listen to the player introductions for Calgary vs. Vancouver being announced by "Monster Truck" PA announcer. Between music being played at ear splitting levels, and the PA announcers "yelling" at me all game, they should include a couple of tylenol with every ticket.

Yes. Just annoying.

Yes. Just annoying.

Number 57, Ty LER MY errrrrrrrs!!!!!

Hate that stuff too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.