SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

JuJu, you put a whooping on me. Good luck in the final!

I started off 0-3, I guess making the playoffs is a respectable finish. 

Thanks!  I had a 1-3 start myself so it's pretty cool that we were able to make it in a 4-team playoff.

Oh, and it looks like your first win was against me! Haha, revenge for me I guess.

Murray's Rats vs JujuFish for all the marbles.  Congrats on making it to the finals and good luck.

Also, is there any appetite to increase the playoffs for next season?  I believe there is an option where 6 of the 12 teams make the playoffs instead of 4.  The top 2 would get a one week playoff bye.  It would shorten the regular season by one week but also may make it more exciting?

I guess incrrasing the playoffs depends on if we can replace Neo and Whiskey

But, please, can we go to yahoo?

I don't think it will be a problem filling those spots.  Deluca hasn't been around in a bit but he was next up on the wait list and I've had several ppl PM me for spots in the league.  I'd prefer to keep the league on the same platform.

I implore you, NFL.com is just so bad :(

Plus, I'll throw a millenial temper tantrum.

I'll tell you what I tell my kids, screaming and holding your breath until your face turns blue won't make me change my mind :P

Besides, I won't fall for the millennial talk.  I'm not a millennial but I'm closer to that grouping then some of the old folks we've got around here :D

• 6 months later...

Time to resurrect this bad boy!!  With NFL training camps opening next week I thought it was a good time to announce the Fourth Annual Sabrespace Fantasy Football League is open for business!!

A big congrats to reigning 2 time champion JujuFish who took the top prize in 2015 and 2016.  TrueBlue won the inaugural season in 2014.

As per the past, anyone that was in the league last year is automatically in again, except for Whiskey.  Sorry brother but after several weeks of unchanged lineups he gets the boot this year.  Also, Neo let his team go down the stretch and has not been active in a few weeks so I'll give him a few days to respond.  Unfortunately with the whole Politics thread, there may be some turnover this year.  Deluca was first on the wait list but he hasn't been active since January 2 so he's likely out.  North Buffalo is the only newbie I seem to have on the wait list.  There's a spot if you want it.  To all others in last year please let me know if you want in or out this year.  To anyone else who wants on the wait list please drop a post.

The beauty of the league is how competitive it is.  Please only join if you will be making changes EVERY week.  Similar to last year it's a 1QB, PPR with 6 points per passing TD.  All other rules are standard.  This year, I'm proposing an avatar challenge.  Whomever wins the championship chooses who they believe is worthy of the avatar change.  The chosen person must have a record of under .500 and that person will then change their avatar from the end of the Fantasy season (near Christmas) until the end of the Sabres regular season.  The ultimate avatar choice will be made by the winning team but with input from the group.

As always, bragging rights and all discussion are welcome in this thread.  Let's see if Wildcard and myself can finally make the friggen playoffs this year!

Another small note.  Tiebreakers will now be determined by Points For.  This will make it much easier to figure out what the tiebreaker actually is and gives it to the most deserving player.

In

Can we do two QBs? Makes it so much more fun IMO

Or, at the least, can we please use Yahoo? NFL.com is an atrocity 

I warned you last year about that second point :P

We had an open vote last year for 2 QB and it did not pass but I would be open to another vote.

Another small note.  Tiebreakers will now be determined by Points For.  This will make it much easier to figure out what the tiebreaker actually is and gives it to the most deserving player.

I warned you last year about that second point :P

We had an open vote last year for 2 QB and it did not pass but I would be open to another vote.

Hmmm don't remember last year's warning what was it? Cause we've been here for 3 years already? 

I'd like another vote on 2 QBs. One is just so boring, at least with 2 you have to dig around for a serviceable backup, instead of just hoarding 3 starters 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.